Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I dunno if it amounts to anything but a lot of base weapons having descriptions that encourage Fusing, but NPCs say that ganondorfs return degraded everyone's weapons even more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Augus posted:

couldn't resist and ended up peaking at a stream for a bit.

How would one do such a thing? I don't care about spoilers and I'm not going to pick it up til after it comes out, but I'd like to watch some gameplay. I found one person on Twitch streaming it but they're in the tutorial area. Everything else seems to have been removed, and I'm not up to speed on game streaming stuff.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Is there an in game cookbook? Like if I see a recipe in a stable for crepes or a cake and then I make it, does that get added to a logbook so I can remember the recipe?

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Yes, if you go into your food inventory and press X you can check all your recipes. You don't even have to actually make something, if you pick up or are given any prepared food or elixir the recipe gets added to the list.

Motto posted:

I dunno if it amounts to anything but a lot of base weapons having descriptions that encourage Fusing, but NPCs say that ganondorfs return degraded everyone's weapons even more

Pretty much all the original BotW weapons have significantly weaker attack values and the decaying is how they explain that diegetically. I found a Royal Claymore and it has like 14 attack instead of 50+ it had in the previous game.

At one point one NPC pretty much told me outright that that decayed weapons can't be repaired and should be strengthened instead (i.e. "Use fuse idiot").

Ojetor fucked around with this message at 15:11 on May 2, 2023

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Saucer Crab posted:

Did weapon durability make its return?

Notably there is a way around it now. Fusing and unfusing a weapon reset's the base weapon's durability (though unfusing destroys whatever you fused onto it). So you can absolutely carry around a favorite weapon forever now and just have to top it up with a new fuse once in a while.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
The fusing is super cool even just doing basic poo poo & I'm sure there will be a bunch of surprises with it. I love how some enemies can do it too, that's a really clever way to tutorialize some of the possibilities. Only thing I don't like is needing to pop the menu open to fuse each individual arrow; it's pretty quick but still feels like I should be able to hit a button to toggle "use last fuse combo" if I have 50 keese wings in my inventory or whatever.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
If you fuse together a bunch of monster parts can you spawn that monster?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

goferchan posted:

The fusing is super cool even just doing basic poo poo & I'm sure there will be a bunch of surprises with it. I love how some enemies can do it too, that's a really clever way to tutorialize some of the possibilities. Only thing I don't like is needing to pop the menu open to fuse each individual arrow; it's pretty quick but still feels like I should be able to hit a button to toggle "use last fuse combo" if I have 50 keese wings in my inventory or whatever.

It at least does remember the last item so you can just spam the button without navigating between each shot

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

goferchan posted:

I also dislike that they put every single item you have in that lists and that you have to hold the button down to select. Cooking food still feels awkward having to go into menu and dump crap in your hands and then plop that into cooking pot and then go through the cook animations.

Other than that no complaints. I thought the intro area was great, got through it faster than great plateu in BotW. Definitely need to return as there's plenty I saw but didn't nab.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

RubricMarine posted:

Are the floors in the chasm invisible for anyone else lol

I want to get that dang camera but it's hard to navigate when the ground is seethrough

It's an emulator bug right now, just have to wait for it to be fixed. Other things that are just emulator bugs and you can do nothing about, for future thread reference:
-White squares on a lot of rock textures (including the default rocks you can stick to your sticks)
-Black checkerboard pattern that appears while moving in shaded areas
-Darkness being almost entirely non-functional
-Crackling audio and audio unbalancing (mostly coming out the right side)

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Protip, don't activate Zonai fans on your log raft using an axe. You will just chop and destroy the boat in one swing lol.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Khanstant posted:

I also dislike that they put every single item you have in that lists and that you have to hold the button down to select. Cooking food still feels awkward having to go into menu and dump crap in your hands and then plop that into cooking pot and then go through the cook animations.

Other than that no complaints. I thought the intro area was great, got through it faster than great plateu in BotW. Definitely need to return as there's plenty I saw but didn't nab.

You can just select a ingredient, hit the select for recipe button and you'll get a list of all your recipes using that ingredient, then you can just press A and hold all the ingredients for that recipe. Saves a lot of time though I still wish cooking pots just had a crafting interface instead.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Played up to the end of the first shrine…..game‘s good. But I barely had time to install it on my Deck before I had to go out so no time for optimisation etc and it ran not great (although not that much worse than high-end computers are running it now it sounds like)

I'm playing 1440p locked at 30. There are some issues that need to be worked out when the game is released but it's perfectly playable for me at least. 60 fps doesn't work yet but if I have to play at 30 for the whole thing I'm fine with that. Kind of shocked how well it works honestly.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Can you still take selfies and are there new poses?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can you still take selfies and are there new poses?

Doesn't look like there is a selfie option but that might unlock later.

e: should i be posting about this stuff, i don't want to get in trouble

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
You can definitely take selfies but I never did in the original to know if the poses are new or not. You get camera early on, assuming you progress short main quest after tutorial, which you'd best do since you know you want that alladin gliding rag. I assume there are new poses because they added a new character who has a signature pose and they have to give that to link sooner or later.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
the only thing I care to be spoiled about is goofy side poo poo like whether merging a keese wing with a chickaloo nut makes a guardian gear (it's a wing-nut)

all the other stuff like specifics on characters or which log to use to cross the chasm to get the fuckener sword in the tutorial is boring. I wanna see how many mushrooms I can tape to a shield

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Yesterday I was really bored and I carried a live chicken from kakariko to goron village. nothing happens to the chicken in the heat.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I glued a Korok to a wheel and piece of wood and chucked him in the river and all I got was 2 Korok turds.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

One thing I was unsure on was how to save the Korok dudes on the starting island. Really no clue what to do on those.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Infinity Gaia posted:

It's an emulator bug right now, just have to wait for it to be fixed. Other things that are just emulator bugs and you can do nothing about, for future thread reference:
-Crackling audio and audio unbalancing (mostly coming out the right side)

Thank god, I thought I was going insane when I couldn't find anyone talking about that in the past for ryujinx. Thankfully it's not too bad or else it would drive me crazy. Still, glad it mostly works beyond these relatively minor things. Hopefully by the weekend they'll be ironed out.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Wiltsghost posted:

One thing I was unsure on was how to save the Korok dudes on the starting island. Really no clue what to do on those.

Like the ones who are separated? I remember making a little hanging gook coaster thing and flying em to it and sliding em to their buddy. So far most of the separated from buddy koroks I've found were near construction materials hinting towards some way to get them to and fro.

There was maybe another one where I used the fan to make a vehicle to get it to wherever.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Like the ones who are separated? I remember making a little hanging gook coaster thing and flying em to it and sliding em to their buddy. So far most of the separated from buddy koroks I've found were near construction materials hinting towards some way to get them to and fro.

There was maybe another one where I used the fan to make a vehicle to get it to wherever.

I crossed the gap but just wasn't sure how to trigger them to move, do I have to lift them myself?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Yeah you just glue the Korok with the big backpack to stuff like anything else. Then you can shake em off and drag over once you get across.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Yeah you just glue the Korok with the big backpack to stuff like anything else. Then you can shake em off and drag over once you get across.

Ah, I see. I thought I could just build a bridge or whatever and they would go on their own.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So what's the context on Sidon, Teba's kid, etc following you, is there a party system or is it just a plot thing like their pre-Guardian sections before. Do they follow you into the big dungeons? Or just for support until you enter them?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This game is ridiculously good I love these mechanics so much. I don’t think I’ll be playing much of the leaked version (finding out your stabled horses carry over and I can get Epona again is kind of embarrassingly huge for me lol) but as a taster this is wonderful

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

I really hope there's no import from the Master Sword trials, I think that's the only major side quest I didn't bother finishing

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Junpei posted:

So what's the context on Sidon, Teba's kid, etc following you, is there a party system or is it just a plot thing like their pre-Guardian sections before. Do they follow you into the big dungeons? Or just for support until you enter them?

they follow you into the dungeons and when you beat the dungeon you get the ability to summon an 'avatar' of them as a companion wherever. they each have their own ability and those kinda serve as the 'dungeon item' equivalent

lih fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 2, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
If you had a BotW save on ryujin or whatever would you be able to get epona and whatnot from it?

Akett
Aug 6, 2012

What I want to know is if you still own Link's house if you load an old save. If you don't it's Zelda's house, and I wonder how that would work out if you owned it before that.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Zelda wouldn't need to buy a drat house if she took better care of the castle

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
how do you use the Wing devices? i tried attaching a fan to one but it didnt budge.

RubricMarine
Feb 14, 2012

Khanstant posted:

Zelda wouldn't need to buy a drat house if she took better care of the castle

you won't believe how hard it is to get the ganon stink out of the curtains

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Countblanc posted:

how do you use the Wing devices? i tried attaching a fan to one but it didnt budge.

In the very first place you find them, put them on the rails so they slide and stand on them as they sail off the edge

After you get the next power and can rewind, just dropping them off a cliff works well enough after holding it in place for a bit, so you can rewind it long enough to jump on it

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Countblanc posted:

The one on the left was stuck on the wall so I had to move it forward a bit, then it slid down the rails. Hop on fast because it gets moving.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022
How are you actually supposed to do the first part of the Windy Device shrine on the way to Rito Village from Lookout Landing? It's got a fan so I assumed it involved blowing something, but I couldn't figure it out.

ended up moving the fan to the next platform with ultrahand, moving it back, standing on top of it and using recall. I have a feeling that's a trick that's going to come in handy a lot but not sure if it's the intended solution here..

edit spoiled as based on a youtube video that is the intended solution, lol this game rules

Costco Meatballs fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 3, 2023

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
I never even thought about using recall on stuff I moved with ultra hand 🤯

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

goferchan posted:

I never even thought about using recall on stuff I moved with ultra hand 🤯

It tracks/remembers the movement perfectly. And it looks like puzzles will involve some more complex combinations - I had to ultrahand an elevator halfway up a cliff so i could get on it, recall it back up, then use that height to ultrahand a board from below up to the clifftop, and then get back down and on top of the board and recall that once more to get to the top of the cliff

this game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
this game has, as an intended mechanic, the fling contraption from PJ's Nuts and Bolts challenges via a "stabilization machine" that rolls itself upright when activated

Costco Meatballs posted:

this game owns