Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Still loving love all the dungeon bosses are in the depths to fight again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
oh wow hail satan what a treasure for satan boys

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ah gently caress, last night I wrote down some coordinates that a walrus told me. I lost the price of paper I wrote it on. Anyone do that and find the treasure? It doesn't nark it on your nap afaik you just need to go-to coords.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I'm missing one sage's will :negative:

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
What triggers stronger enemies? I am constantly spawning white snorks now and like, I have the weapons to fight them but I do not have the armor or hearts to tank a hit. I've also been out of faeries for a while so these one shots are wiping me out lol. I'd say 70% of those deaths are when I try to shield but accidentally picked a 2 handed weapon. Aise from rock hammers. I am no longer going to pickup 2 handers. Actually, no I'll keep a couple around because the charge attack on good ones obliterates bosses with ore-based weak points.

Frox are my fav boss to run into because it's just a satisfying pattern and stunlock if you get it right. Ping with keese arrow, run up keg, break rock, jump off, turn around, repeat.

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Going stam for now since the first dungeon gives you a heart. Got a full extra circle now should I go heart after? Nothing has one hit me so far but close too. About to tackle the second dungeon

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Hi guys, I have a need for spoilers

How can I increase my battery? it looks upgradeable, I have a resource that hints that are upgrade coins, but I don't remember or know where is the npc that upgrade it.

Also only one battery is super lame for the constructs I am building now. I need more energy!

Spoiler spoiler stuff (not related)(don't click):
Wait a minute, we have a device to build autonomous robots???

Rabid Snake posted:

Going stam for now since the first dungeon gives you a heart. Got a full extra circle now should I go heart after? Nothing has one hit me so far but close too. About to tackle the second dungeon

Hearts seems to be more usefull doing the story, stamina exploring. So get them based on what you want to do first. I started getting all stamina and doing all the story, and I am bad at videogames, so I really missed these extra hearts. So don't be like me.

Tei fucked around with this message at 07:26 on May 12, 2023

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kaboobi posted:

I've been one shot plenty even at like 10 hearts soooo yeah

I wonder if they actually changed this, because I'm pretty sure I was never one-shot in BotW. I distinctly remember fighting Lynels and repeatedly getting hit down to a quarter of a heart and healing back up.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

basically yeah those armor def upgrades are important since one piece of fully-upgraded armor prevents an entire row of hearts from potentially being knocked off per attack

Ah this is interesting and might explain it. My armor right now (in TotK) is complete trash because I've just been wandering around and haven't come across any (aside from a body piece I purchased).

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Tei posted:

Hi guys, I have a need for spoilers

How can I increase my battery? it looks upgradeable, I have a resource that hints that are upgrade coins, but I don't remember or know where is the npc that upgrade it.

Also only one battery is super lame for the constructs I am building now. I need more energy!

Spoiler spoiler stuff (not related)(don't click):
Wait a minute, we have a device to build autonomous robots???

It's at the first place you came from, but it's spread out you turn zonaite to zonaite crystals at the refinery, and then when you have 100 you take it to the energy well guy, the zoniate guy is at the shrine on the south end, and the refinery dudes are in the mine around there.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Boba Pearl posted:

It's at the first place you came from, but it's spread out you turn zonaite to zonaite crystals at the refinery, and then when you have 100 you take it to the energy well guy, the zoniate guy is at the shrine on the south end, and the refinery dudes are in the mine around there.

Thanks!, I will try to use these instructions. I think I have 200 of these coins, and two extra batteries will really help.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Khanstant posted:

What triggers stronger enemies? I am constantly spawning white snorks now and like, I have the weapons to fight them but I do not have the armor or hearts to tank a hit. I've also been out of faeries for a while so these one shots are wiping me out lol. I'd say 70% of those deaths are when I try to shield but accidentally picked a 2 handed weapon. Aise from rock hammers. I am no longer going to pickup 2 handers. Actually, no I'll keep a couple around because the charge attack on good ones obliterates bosses with ore-based weak points.

Frox are my fav boss to run into because it's just a satisfying pattern and stunlock if you get it right. Ping with keese arrow, run up keg, break rock, jump off, turn around, repeat.

Stronger enemies in BotW were triggered by "general game progress", same probably applies here. It was some point-based system including but not limited to
- Number of shrines found
- Number of hearts
- Number of enemies killed, per enemy type
- Number of major dungeons completed
- Game duration (number of blood moons seen)

I love frox because they're the only enemy where "dropping something while paragliding" is a useful and intended strat

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Omg how do you do that? I thought it was a thing but I've not actually been able to airbomb anyone

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
It's not something you can do to everyone, but frox are like molduga in that they eat things and if the thing is explosive it'll blow them up

so you can just drop a bomb flower on the ground when they're inhaling

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
now that I think about it you probably could still paraglide
bombing run, you'd just need to prep by fusing weapons with explosive barrels and drop those

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Ah okay I was thinking like bomb dropping from last game. I have used rocket shields to get above bosses for an aerial smash but not really worth the rocket. I need to find a good capsule machine with mostly rockets. Most of the ones I've found they're like a tertiary output

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Tei posted:

Thanks!, I will try to use these instructions. I think I have 200 of these coins, and two extra batteries will really help.

There is a better vendor for buying the stuff in the depths (sells a lot more at once, including the big ones), and there's another guy you can turn them into energy bars behind lookout landing.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I have yet to figure out how to refine them, though

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Gamerofthegame posted:

I have yet to figure out how to refine them, though

What do you mean by refine? They go from raw zonaite to the crystals in the refinery at either the tutorial island or in the dpeths, then the crystals are turned into extra bars by the guy either in the tutorial or behind lookout landing on the rock.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
So. Like. Going by what happens to your sword in the trailer. Is Fi like, dead?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Flytrap posted:

So. Like. Going by what happens to your sword in the trailer. Is Fi like, dead?

nah, by the end of the tutorial she's already doing the sword-talking thing she did in botw again

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

nah, by the end of the tutorial she's already doing the sword-talking thing she did in botw again

Oh, great. I would have been genuinely sad if she was, I like her.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
(end of tutorial)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTT1E9zellI

Zoran fucked around with this message at 14:54 on May 12, 2023

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCrYhWowYy0

spoilers, obviously, but it's intresting to see that very endgame the game forces the master sword on you for dragon ganon if you didn't bring it in with you (also pulling the master sword is a free action and the dragon happily waits for you while you have your memory flashback)

also of course in a game where some of the weapons give you a damage buff on 1 heart, the speedrunning tactic is "intentionally damage down to 1 heart for all of it"

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Repeating the earlier claim that you probably want to focus on Stamina first. I did about half of the Geoglyph tears then ventured to the Lost Woods and did the Deku Tree mission there. It told me the Master Sword was on the Light Dragon and attached a yellow objective dot to it. The dot moved around with the dragon so that was helpful. Got to it and the Master Sword was stuck in its head. It required two full stamina wheels to pull it out as opposed to hearts like last time. I did not have a complete second wheel of stamina so I went to the demon statue in Lookout Landing and traded a couple hearts in to complete it.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I did those parts of the quest so far apart that I didn't connect them at first lol. I was just like, hmm, what's that on its head wonder if I can shoot it... Oh I messed up gonna get hurt smashing into dragOH MY GoD I CAN WALK ON YOU!? Weeeeeee. Oh can I just cruise on this thing all the way through the sky?? Wait holy gently caress is that the master sword!? Aaahhh.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man i just walked into a battle talus with like 5 blue bokoblins on its back, 2 armed with bomb flowers and i got deleted

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Tip for Dragon Parts: If you are able to smash the dragon and get a scale, horn, or talon you have to wait quite a while before you can get more of it. The dragon basically goes into a healing mode after that. You'll know you can get more when the horns and spikes start glowing wildly again. It feels like it takes like 15-20 minutes or so but that just could be impatience. I waited so long for it to become available again on one dragon that he took an unexpected dive with me on top and we ended up in The Depths.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Has anyone done this Symin quest where you have to go to Kakariko and take a picture of the calamity screen. I have no idea what to do here. I found the screen and took a picture but nothing is happening. When I have the camera screen up it has a question mark in an orange box.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I have an issue where the camera tries to scan my equipped items before whatever Im looking at.

For that quest though I took the pic and don't get the usually red exclamation point to show I did it right. I'll check later if I co.pketed that quest or not, can't remember if I went back yet or not.

I do know I took a picture of something just vaguely betting "yeah they'll want me to take a pic of that" eventually, and I was right, and they accepted my picture of cherry tree despite having taken it before I knew it was a quest.

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I found the secret passage in the castle which lead to a long cave system and finally ended up with the demon statue and a sealed door to the Lookout Landing emergency shelter. Does that door ever open?

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

A good poster posted:

I found the secret passage in the castle which lead to a long cave system and finally ended up with the demon statue and a sealed door to the Lookout Landing emergency shelter. Does that door ever open?

yeah it opens in the shelter after you complete ???? objectives, I think a temple?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Wiltsghost posted:

Has anyone done this Symin quest where you have to go to Kakariko and take a picture of the calamity screen. I have no idea what to do here. I found the screen and took a picture but nothing is happening. When I have the camera screen up it has a question mark in an orange box.

Just take a picture of then mural and go back and show it to him. That's it. His little kids (Calamity Deniers) will suddenly believe it because now they've seen proof.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

X-O posted:

Just take a picture of then mural and go back and show it to him. That's it. His little kids (Calamity Deniers) will suddenly believe it because now they've seen proof.

I did but it didn't work. He just has the dialogue telling me to go to Kakariko.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

Wiltsghost posted:

I did but it didn't work. He just has the dialogue telling me to go to Kakariko.

If the picture in your album has the little quest marker on it you should be good to go. You have to talk to him after class starts at 9 AM though.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
MFW it's time to play the Legend of Zelda.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
i'm nowhere near far enough in this game to justify posting in a spoiler thread but this game owns and I want as many places to talk about it as possible. I'm just in the snowy part of the tutorial area and I found a bomb flower and I hope its just this easy to make bomb arrows now

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Lmao Jesus Christ

https://twitter.com/idonum/status/1657285098994278400?s=46&t=Mu6ngisnZlTkezPxh7sqCQ

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This last diving challenge is an absolute MFer. drat clouds mean I can’t see where I’m meant to go so it’s just kinda about memorising the route I guess which is a pain compared to the others especially with the added danger

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Am i forgetting something about how to get into the lost woods? As soon as i step into it it teleports me out, i thought there was a path to the centre.

I have a quest to visit the Deku Tree and i can't figure out if i'm just being dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

CJ posted:

Am i forgetting something about how to get into the lost woods? As soon as i step into it it teleports me out, i thought there was a path to the centre.

I have a quest to visit the Deku Tree and i can't figure out if i'm just being dumb.

Gonna have to find a different route.