Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm probably not going to check out this thread too much mostly because, surprisingly enough, I'm liking the story and I don't want to get spoiled about it.

How did everyone get to the ice shrine and then back to the temple of time?

I glued some tree trunks together and climbed them over the ice wall for the former and walked all the way back for the latter but I wonder if I just missed some obvious solution and managed to brute-force my way through the tutorial island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Infinity Gaia posted:

there were some gliders on the other side I used to fly down straight to the temple.

I didn't see the gliders until I got back to the temple. :negative:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Barreft posted:

Game owns once out of sky tutorial. You get the paraglider doing the next quest in Hyrule field so it's real quick.

yeah, honestly, it's a world of difference. I'm kinda worried about the next time I have to go up.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

goferchan posted:

The fusing is super cool even just doing basic poo poo & I'm sure there will be a bunch of surprises with it. I love how some enemies can do it too, that's a really clever way to tutorialize some of the possibilities. Only thing I don't like is needing to pop the menu open to fuse each individual arrow; it's pretty quick but still feels like I should be able to hit a button to toggle "use last fuse combo" if I have 50 keese wings in my inventory or whatever.

It at least does remember the last item so you can just spam the button without navigating between each shot

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Is it just me or the fans are really finicky? I have no idea what the game wants me to do here. If I put the fan below the thing, it doesn't work, attached or not, but I need the second fan to float over a wall. Sometimes if I remove a fan and position it just so it works but the second I move the other fan it all falls apart.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

queeb posted:

I just stuck 2 side by side on the bottom blowing down and it took me up

that worked :doh:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I have been applying all the lessons I learned from BotW so I have been skipping all the combat I can. Why bother fighting camps if the prize is an opal.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Does he recognize you if you have a botw save?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I thought blood moons were caused by the calamity but I guess they are just part of hyrule

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

It's weird that you can't "hold" stuff from the d-pad quick menu.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm on the way to the Rito Dungeon and it really feels like BotW 2.0, just an improved experience all around
sucks for the people that burned out on botw

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Khanstant posted:

I think y'all really stretching to make it sound worse. Takes like an hour to get through and pretty smooth. Idk are y'all falling off a bunch of something

It took me like four hours to get out of the island, no idea what you're talking about.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I have been playing on a switch and it genuinely runs better than botw at launch, even if it achieves that by being very aggressive with the dynamic resolution.

EDIT: Apparently the preload includes a 1.1.0 patch, which can be installed to the leaked version

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Do I really need to buy the rito clothes to get to the rito dungeon without freezing?

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Khanstant posted:

No. You can wear the snow pants you got on tutorial skyland or chug potions or cold food. Or I guess constantly carry a torch or burn wooden weapons.

wait, what snow pants? never found them :negative:

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

any ideas about what to do here? I was able to burn a piece of the wall but everything else is too wet and I can't fit through the hole

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Barreft posted:

slice it

lol I never even tried slicing it, burning always worked before, thanks

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I tend to avoid combat so I got a full extra wheel of stamina from the shrines and only now I'm thinking about getting more hearts.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

this game is also like botw on crack when it comes to "buy every arrow from every vendor you ever see, period" since all the elemental arrows are gone and it's all "normal arrows with poo poo glued to them"

in fact I'm pretty sure I've seen that as both "NPC text recommending it" and as a straight up loading screen tip

Yeah, I keep running out of arrows.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Any ideas about how to use this?

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 21:47 on May 7, 2023

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

lunar detritus posted:

Any ideas about how to use this?

still curious about this, I'm not sure how that battery works. If I (or a construct) hit it with a shock arrow the fan briefly turns on, pauses and then turns on for a little longer but I have no idea why or what determines the length. I think the shrine wants me to ride the wind to get to the highest platform to kill a construct.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I wonder how many people are going to leave the depths for the end and miss out everything you get one quest in.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

probably shouldn't be using imgur for this, has our forum hit the mid-aughts advanced technology levels to allow for attaching multiple files in a post yet

:eyepop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I managed to softlock myself in the first shrine by attaching the platform with the hook I made to the one that's moving above you. No way to deattach it afterward