Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Saucer Crab posted:

Did weapon durability make its return?

Notably there is a way around it now. Fusing and unfusing a weapon reset's the base weapon's durability (though unfusing destroys whatever you fused onto it). So you can absolutely carry around a favorite weapon forever now and just have to top it up with a new fuse once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

No Mods No Masters posted:

Yeah I mean, I don't really consider the tutorial over until you get the glider (and maybe the breadcrumbed stuff in the depths, but obviously a lot of people are getting on fine without that). At that point you have four waypoints and a light suggestion of which one to do first. I guess that is significantly more guidance than botw but highly easy to ignore, and I think in practice most people probably will

Is it more guidance than Botw? You get pointed directly at Kakariko by the King on the Plateau and then Impa gives you the Divine Beast coordinates which feels fairly equivalent.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

virtualboyCOLOR posted:

Any suggestions folks have as “I wish I did this earlier”?

I don’t care about spoilers or surprises, I just want to avoid wasting time with my limited schedule for games.

Basic things I’m thinking of are:
-how to get stamina up quickly
-how to get the armor/shield/etc that will carry through a good chunk of the game
-secrets that open up the world faster

Do Robbie and Josha's quests ASAP.

Also follow the breadcrumbs to Rito village and tackle that Temple first. It not only gets you Hetsu access if you follow the roads, the ability you get for clearing the temple is incredible and makes getting around both faster and easier.