Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
ryujinx typically gets working faster, but yuzu is ultimately better

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Infinitum posted:

Anyone know any solutions to this? Yuzu seems to be running perfectly other than cloud textures.

clouds are just an Issue at the moment. otherwise yuzu is in most regards better.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Ryujinx has better clouds but on the other hand all of its rocks have ugly as hell white squares on them. In the end, both emulators have issues right now.

it's also v system dependent, of course

vulkan-yuzu will run quite quickly but (at least) had the most little graphical quibbles, ryujinx is steady but typically runs the worst

that said running around the latest of either ryujinx struggled to 30 fps on my rig and yuzu can do 60 fps without even hitching for shaders and the only issue so far has been wispy clouds, so your mileage may indeed vary

game fun. slow start tho

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

link has died and revived in this life at least twice, there's probably not a lot going on up there anyway

scrappy fights that you decidedly are not up to gear for are quite fun this time around. running around screaming as a bunch of blues and a boss chase you while chucking explosive barrels and fusing the giant spike balls while all twenty of the mobs can absolutely one shot you is probably not entirely what I should be doing right now, but I don't care

horse rangling remains a pain

there's big war sequences where you run along a posse and help them take over a fort, which is rad

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

the depths is surprisingly unthreatening

that sucks

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

they're the big glowing towers

you meander over and give them a hand

you don't actually have to light anything, the spook ground is noticable anyway

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

switch has a lot in common with the wii u (and so on) so building off those bridges isn't too hard. it is also purposefully a fairly "weak" console, which in this context makes it kind of easy to copy.

in game chat, tho

one thing I dislike they took from botw, and tbh doubled down on it in someways, is their method of you having to find the tutorial. like in practice most of it is fairly initutive, nintendo is pretty good at catching the player's eye so you can figure out what you need to do with a set piece without explicitly being told, but like in tutorial island you have to stumble across the robots, some of whom are in caves and etc and otherwise places you might not go to, to get important info bits. or go down the hub area's nearby hole specifically to get depths breadcrumbs, etc.

a lot of stuff you again don't necessarily need, but especially stuff for like the batteries which I did find but totally understand if someone didn't, bleh

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

im away from the game atm but I don't recall getting a depths quest, where do you get that specifically? as far as I remember I "just" have the explore the four town hubs one as far as mains go

could be misremembering ofc

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

alright I have apparently missed out on things

I am trying to solve for rito right now

how do I get to the higher sky islands? I get you can launch up through the sheikah towers but that rarely goes up to their altitude in the first place, and stuff like shield rockers only goes so far and is consumable besides

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

hydra dragon has got hands

and also too much health

edit: I will say, one negative to this game in comparison to botw is it does feel like it takes longer to do anything then botw, and it does, on account of there being four separate maps between the skyworld, overworld, cave... world, and underworld and it leading you around to all four. esp given you can only horse in one of them. then you have to fill out two maps and both are slightly more involved then touch the thing (sometimes, anyway) and just getting the ball rolling takes longer

what I'm saying is link should have had a summonable motorbike from the beginning

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 00:47 on May 12, 2023

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I have yet to figure out how to refine them, though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

snowboard kids devs getting work, I'm glad