Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

This is the thread for talking about Tears of the Kingdom spoilers. No clue if this will keep being used after release, but whatever. Still probably use spoiler tags for anything super huge, I guess, but honestly if people are clicking on the Spoiler Thread they should be prepared for Spoilers. Don't talk about how you got this game suspiciously early either, obviously. Other than that, everything is fair game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

For those curious, it's kinda playable on Ryujinx but you should probably give it a couple days, some significant issues still plaguing it. It's fine on actual hardware, of course.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

lunar detritus posted:

I'm probably not going to check out this thread too much mostly because, surprisingly enough, I'm liking the story and I don't want to get spoiled about it.

How did everyone get to the ice shrine and then back to the temple of time?

I glued some tree trunks together and climbed them over the ice wall for the former and walked all the way back for the latter but I wonder if I just missed some obvious solution and managed to brute-force my way through the tutorial island.

I had to use the tree trunks strat to get up but then I used the new go up power to get to that tree stump that's right outside the door of the shrine and clearly meant to be used for it and there were some gliders on the other side I used to fly down straight to the temple.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's in the menu with all the other stuff, go all the way to the right to get your saves and loads and options.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

RubricMarine posted:

Are the floors in the chasm invisible for anyone else lol

I want to get that dang camera but it's hard to navigate when the ground is seethrough

It's an emulator bug right now, just have to wait for it to be fixed. Other things that are just emulator bugs and you can do nothing about, for future thread reference:
-White squares on a lot of rock textures (including the default rocks you can stick to your sticks)
-Black checkerboard pattern that appears while moving in shaded areas
-Darkness being almost entirely non-functional
-Crackling audio and audio unbalancing (mostly coming out the right side)

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

African AIDS cum posted:

How do you use the big glider things? The way I did it was attaching 3 fans and hitting them but it doesn't seem right, i ran out of fans quick

They don't really need any extra tools to just do their job of gliding, just height. If you're having trouble getting them off the ground, use your grabby hand, move the item over the open air and then back, then use recall on it. Grabbing something, moving it, then recalling it is key to doing a lot of puzzles the wrong way and it's a lot of fun.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I wasn't exactly obsessive about BotW but I find it kinda fun to see what changes happened around the world. It doesn't really feel like going through the same place twice because everything besides basic geography is different.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, you can cheese SO MANY SHRINES with a rocket shield. It's funny, you're not allowed to drop any zonai bits in a shrine to not gently caress with the puzzle, but they overlook pre-fused stuff. I still do the puzzles anyways because they're fun, but I'll often just look at the structure of a shrine when I enter it and go "yep I could totally just fly to the end via the power of rocket shield".

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The latest hacked together Ryujinx version works much better for me than Yuzu, audio issues and white rock textures aside. Just a rock solid 30 fps with zero crashes, and the depths work on it now so I see no reason to go back to Yuzu. It kept triggering some sort of memory leak after like 30 minutes of play that made it run like poo poo.

In short, when in doubt, try both emulators.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ogmius815 posted:

How much content is locked behind stupid plastic figurines that I don’t want?

Very little, most of the previously amiibo only gear can now be found in the depths, though usually far from easily. Pretty much just Epona and some special fancy glider skins. Course, there'll probably be something for any new amiibos they make for this game specifically.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It's kind of weird how much of the marketing focuses on the sky islands when they're honestly a pretty small portion of the game. Comparatively, the depths are massive and were kept a near complete secret for some reason.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ryujinx has better clouds but on the other hand all of its rocks have ugly as hell white squares on them. In the end, both emulators have issues right now.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Escobarbarian posted:

Absolutely lost my mind when I hung out on the back of a dragon for a while and then it dived into a loving chasm

If you think that's freaky, try learning about it the other way around, being down in the depths and you just see a loving dragon flying around.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Really? I kinda like those, really makes you engage with all the systems.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Korok delivery missions are the most fun thing to do in this game, imo. Just a wide open objective to build a contraption. I bet we're going to see a lot of comedy videos involving torturing those koroks for BotW crimes tho.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ytlaya posted:

How do you throw items again? I remember it was explained in one of the shrines, and I want to do that to avoid wasting arrows for some stuff.

Hold the button for throwing your weapon then press the button you use to select a thing to fuse onto your arrows. Not saying the specific buttons because I don't remember off the top of my head.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Wiltsghost posted:

How do you make an axe. I can make the rock club thing but I think I've only used axes I've found.

There's some different shaped rocks that are used for axes. It can be hard to spot the difference. Boss Bokoblin horns also make axe-type weapons.

Ytlaya posted:

It feels like you come across stuff very frequently when wandering around in this. It seems like I rarely go 5-10 minutes without coming across a cave or sky rock (more often the former than the latter).

Sky stuff also never gets old and makes traveling around very easy. I was trying to make my way to one of the towers and, on the way, came across a sky rock. It doesn't seem to actually send me anywhere (I'm not sure if I got to it too late, or if it's only purpose was to send you up high), but it allowed me to easily glide to the sky tower (when previously I was having to navigate climbing a mountain with my single stamina wheel). Given its proximity to the tower, I wonder if its only purpose was to make getting to it easier (since the tower itself shot me up where I could access the stuff above the rock).

I really need to find Hestu, because I'm having to toss out weapons that I'd rather keep pretty frequently, just due to finding better stuff.

edit: I don't like those rock worm things, though. I think I'm dealing with them correctly - shoot a bomb arrow as soon as the boulder leaves their mouth, which (usually?) makes them expose their core thing, and shooting that then gives you a bit where you can run up and hit them in melee. But I've died a few times just due to the explosion radius on the bomb arrows being so large that I mistakenly kill myself. I'm not so flush on bomb arrows that I feel comfortable using them unless absolutely necessary, and I'm not sure if the resources the rock worm gave were worth the expense of 2+ bomb arrows. On the upside I'm assuming/hoping they don't respawn, since they gave me a chest when killed.

You really don't need to be spending bomb arrows on them, after they finish a cycle of throwing boulders they reveal their core anyways. Or you can time a recall to slam their rocks back into their faces to get it done quicker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I really don't get why they did it that way, honestly. Surely there's some bullshit they could've shoved into the wheel to make the dpad activate those instead?