Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Played up to the end of the first shrine…..game‘s good. But I barely had time to install it on my Deck before I had to go out so no time for optimisation etc and it ran not great (although not that much worse than high-end computers are running it now it sounds like)

I'm playing 1440p locked at 30. There are some issues that need to be worked out when the game is released but it's perfectly playable for me at least. 60 fps doesn't work yet but if I have to play at 30 for the whole thing I'm fine with that. Kind of shocked how well it works honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Spanish Manlove posted:

Can you still take selfies and are there new poses?

Doesn't look like there is a selfie option but that might unlock later.

e: should i be posting about this stuff, i don't want to get in trouble

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

One thing I was unsure on was how to save the Korok dudes on the starting island. Really no clue what to do on those.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Like the ones who are separated? I remember making a little hanging gook coaster thing and flying em to it and sliding em to their buddy. So far most of the separated from buddy koroks I've found were near construction materials hinting towards some way to get them to and fro.

There was maybe another one where I used the fan to make a vehicle to get it to wherever.

I crossed the gap but just wasn't sure how to trigger them to move, do I have to lift them myself?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Yeah you just glue the Korok with the big backpack to stuff like anything else. Then you can shake em off and drag over once you get across.

Ah, I see. I thought I could just build a bridge or whatever and they would go on their own.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Countblanc posted:

how do you use the Wing devices? i tried attaching a fan to one but it didnt budge.

The one on the left was stuck on the wall so I had to move it forward a bit, then it slid down the rails. Hop on fast because it gets moving.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I just met up with a monster hunting crew right as they were about to attack a monster camp and we fought beside each other and took that poo poo down. This loving owns lol.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Is the underworld the same size as the main map? This is wild.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

It feels like there is a lot more stuff that you stumble across in this game compared to the previous one. Like over every hill it seems there is a new cave to explore or camp or whatever. Unless I'm completely forgetting how the first game was. The world feels a lot more alive which is awesome.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Playing on an emulator is nice since you can change keybinds in ryujinx. I just can't get used to where Nintendo puts the a and b buttons so I switch that around even though it doesn't match what's on screen.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Was getting my rear end kicked by a tree last night and just now realized I could have maybe used fire. It didn't appear to have a health bar though so I'm not sure. As I was running away I got struck by lightning and died. 10/10 gaming there.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Ojetor posted:

you should have axed mr. tree a question

Sigh. I knew it would be something easy. Still trying to wrap my brain around how things work.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

That's cool, I think saves carry over or can be converted from either. Yuzi seems better in general but seems like Ryujin gets stuff working earlier.
.I might should also look for a bigger shader cache from someone's who had more time to play, but the shader loading stutters haven't been an issue. It's just certain areas with lots going on that dip down to 20. Disabling Vysync actually overcomes that, but at a less consistent frame rate overall, but above 30 so whatever. In combat the speedup can make things harder than they should be so I reemable Vysync when I want the normal speed back.

I'm playing the game weeks early on my preferred hardware and controller so I am more than satisfied with current performance and occasional crashes so far every crash came right after an auto save pretty much and honestly always when I needed to get up and stretch my legs or do a chore or whatever anyway lol. An aggressive Wii style "take frequent breaks" reminder.

I also keep having dreams about the game since Ive been playing before bed but the dreams are not cool, just shuffling items to cook and like foggily running over hills to grab things to cook again in that fruitless hazy dream way.

I can send you a link to some shaders if you have dm's.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

these red hands are a problem

e: climbing up a wall while they reach for you is scary as hell

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 03:39 on May 4, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

also, i'm really digging the shrine music, the music in general is great i guess

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I guess I'm a well enthusiast now.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Also, if anyone is having crashing issues with ryujinx, set memory manager mode to host (fast). I haven't crashed at all since I changed that. Or maybe one of the updates did it.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I think the only complaint, not really one I guess, is how long this is going to be if you want to see everything. Hyrule is the same size as last game it seems plus then you have all the sky stuff plus the underground stuff. Burnout could be a real issue.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I'm just finding I'm way overthinking poo poo. I came across a guy stuck in a hole with his carriage. They had all these parts around so that you could float it out with a hot air balloon, which I tried for a while. A few feet over there was a bunch of wood so I just built a ramp. Turns out I could just lift it with the ultrahand. LMAO

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Tyma posted:

I’m rocking 20 light of blessing, and can’t for the life of me remember how to turn them into extra stamina wheels :(

Pray?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Shabadu posted:

I can live with rock textures and hitchy frame rate, I'm in crashes every 30ish minutes land. The autosaves make it pretty easy to just soldier on though.

I posted a fix last night that stopped all my crashes. Change the memory manager mode to fast or software in ryujinx.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

So you can transfer your save between both emulators?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I guess there is an even newer custom build of ryujinx that should maybe fix the crash issues? Haven't tested it yet.

E: and maybe increase performance

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 03:32 on May 5, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Oh poo poo, I've been playing in handheld mode this whole time. 2K docked looks so nice. I'm also on that new version of ryu with the crash setting changed and this is running great.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Anyone know how to open this door in the wind temple? I thought I could move the lever but it doesn't work and it seems I can't find another way in.

e: nevermind, lol, complaining on the internet as usual fixed it

Wiltsghost fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 5, 2023

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The new dash ability is so nice.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Game looks really nice.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Looks like Nintendo copyright struck the discord server with all the custom emulator builds. Matter of time I suppose.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Wiggling the right stick to unstick sucks.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

Don’t really understand this tbh. I find it pretty fun

It makes me take my hand off the controller since I have thumb joint issues and change how I hold the controller. Having to do this every time really sucks.

E: now that I think about it maybe I can rebind it to something else in the emulator, probably not

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Khanstant posted:

Yes you are missing something and it's that your body is the best arrow/cannonball you have. The fight needs exactly zero arrows or consumable items.

I guess I missed it too since I just used bomb and fire arrows.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

What order did you guys go in. I did Rito first since it sort of tells you to then on to Zora. I guess it doesn't really matter probably?

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Seems like most boxes or pots have 1 to 5 arrows so that's what I've been doing.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

African AIDS cum posted:

Haven't come across one yet, I just went down some well, wandered around and malded after a bit

if you go to the chasm south of lookout town there is a tutorial for them i think

e: or there is a quest in lookout that sends you there, i can't remember

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Zora Water Works music is so nice.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This island has it's own gravity. Like I'm jumping on the moon. This game rules lol

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

How do you make an axe. I can make the rock club thing but I think I've only used axes I've found.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

I switched over to yuzu and the game is running a lot better for me than ryu. There is a cloud fix now and everything seems to be working really well. Textures are all fixed too it seems. I would link to the reddit thread I followed, but I don't know if it's against the rules.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

The subbreddit is called newyuzupiracy and the thread has may 8th in it. I won't link directly to it. I can delete if this is against the rules.

I just followed that guide minus the 8th step since that was messing up for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

This cave system under lookout is never ending.