Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
How are you actually supposed to do the first part of the Windy Device shrine on the way to Rito Village from Lookout Landing? It's got a fan so I assumed it involved blowing something, but I couldn't figure it out.

ended up moving the fan to the next platform with ultrahand, moving it back, standing on top of it and using recall. I have a feeling that's a trick that's going to come in handy a lot but not sure if it's the intended solution here..

edit spoiled as based on a youtube video that is the intended solution, lol this game rules

Costco Meatballs fucked around with this message at 01:03 on May 3, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

goferchan posted:

I never even thought about using recall on stuff I moved with ultra hand 🤯

It tracks/remembers the movement perfectly. And it looks like puzzles will involve some more complex combinations - I had to ultrahand an elevator halfway up a cliff so i could get on it, recall it back up, then use that height to ultrahand a board from below up to the clifftop, and then get back down and on top of the board and recall that once more to get to the top of the cliff

this game owns

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
I didn't mind the first island and I even did the shrines in the totally wrong order and skipped most of the content because I was going places using bizarre methods.

You want to finish with the cold shrine high up so you can glide right to the temple.

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
Also the devs clearly were playing nier automata the year BOTW came out because the automatons almost seem like a direct reference

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica

Khanstant posted:

Lol same boat, playing every night since it came out and still haven't been to a dungeon or revisited the champion towns. Keeps being something else new in the way.

Also don't waste time trying to paper airplane your glider from flat ground, you definitely want some height to kick off the flight

Can't you just lift it up with ultrahand/recall for instant flat ground gliding?

I'm becoming an ultrahand/recall evangelist it's literally the coolest most emergent gameplay I've ever discovered in a game ever. Every puzzle can be done Your Way

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
How much time is supposed to have passed between the two games, anyhow?

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
See i would have guessed like, 5-6 years, 5-6 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Costco Meatballs
Oct 21, 2022

by Pragmatica
will this ever stop working? such a weird challenge to appear so often and always be exactly the same