Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
poo poo is bigger than elden ring its insane. On this loving handheld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
No horse gear, just horses and stats so long as they are in stable last time you played botw

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Hot Stunt posted:

Does this have any proper dungeons (or at least better poo poo than BotW shrines/divine beasts)? I just want Zelda to feel like Zelda again.

Full big dungeons, more botwy but big and not deviney, the lead up to them are long and dungeonys themselves. The mine cart area in the last trailer is one of them. Seems like its 151 shrines (which alot seem to do eventide trick on you), 6 dungeons (including castle) and i guess the depths counts as one insanely huge one maybe, and islands too maybe. depends how you look at that.

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 2, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

lih posted:

nintendo is just trolling the timeline nerds at this point, it seems like they're establishing botw/totk as its own timeline unrelated to the other games by not really leaving any room for it to be connected to the others except maybe skyward sword.

it has dungeons but they seem to be the same basic setup as the divine beasts, just a bit more involved. shrines are back too

They drop imprisioning war and then theres fi and oot stuff but then ganondorf might be a different one in the past pre ss/mc lol it owns. Only thing i can think of so far with the info ive gleemed is that maybe theyve retconned demise to have been called ganondorf too? Unless every game is set before zonai times but they claim thats the first kingdom of hyrule lol

Edit: actually, it does fit lmao if its in the loz/aol timeline, the downfall timeline as implied by the imprisioning war line, then hyrule was hosed up in loz and they moved north of death mountain where aol takes place, could be the 10,000 years ago in botw (zonai times) is after loz/aol and they had to reetabishlish the kingdon again in the ruined loz area ( which is just the top section of hyrule as we've always known it) and the zonai did it and current hyrule treat it as the first because records of old hyrule are just wiped away (also timeline convergence theory) That makes more sense tbh. And this new ganondorf is a proper reincarnation since he dies in aol if i recall. The new ganondorf has scenes where he doesnt have the orb in his head (he does later) so i think this has gotta be it. It all rests imo on when and how corpse ganon got sealed, if its in the past with totk zelda then botw/totk is def after loz/aol

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 12:26 on May 2, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Augus posted:

couldn't resist and ended up peaking at a stream for a bit. dude was doing the lead-up to a dungeon and it seemed really lengthy and involved to the point where it almost felt like a dungeon all its own.

if there are a lot of "technically not a dungeon but feels like one" sections like that in this game I can definitely vibe with that

Youre gonna be vibing out into another dimension

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Escobarbarian posted:

Played through the whole tutorial island/s bit and made it down to the ground and built a terrible car. Unless some significant improvements come out that make it play better on either my devices (Steam Deck and M1 MacBook Air) come out, I think I’m done until release - 15fps average and crashes ain’t it. But HOLY loving poo poo this is a masterpiece and has the potential to be a BotW-beater easily, I love the fusing and building so much. The in-game reason for building materials lying around everywhere is so good lol. Really superb stuff so far.

You havent even seen the the dark souls poo poo yet

Im not even joking, and yes i mean difficulty too lmao

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
You wont understand who ganonligondese is tho

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

The Dave posted:

Has anyone just bulldozes through the game and leaked the full plot? Little spoiler whore over here.

All the webm cutscenes without audio are already uploaded including bits of the ending that require it being fmv/webm lol. We know a lot. But none of the people playing and streaming have beat the game let alone found where the last boss is, its not as clear cut as it was in botw

But going by cutscenes and stuff we know already there is lot of insane poo poo we know, but a lot of guess work connecting things, still tons of wtf does that mean type of stuff and stitching things together. Game is loving huge, 3 times the size of botw

Honestly, go in with as little spoilers you know even if you say you dont care about it, there are 3 huge things ive seen from mid game onwards that i wish i hadnt but oh well, goty.

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 14:11 on May 3, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Artadius posted:

Can't tell if this is fake or not lol.

Its real, ive had it open in a tab for the past few days lol. Was saving it to meme someone lmao

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

funkymonks posted:

The underground has some wild poo poo in it. I almost wish there wasn't fast travel down there. Its a real sense of going on an expedition. I ran out of lightbulbs on my last delve, found a hot air balloon, floated up, and desperately threw myself off to try and glide to the next light root. Ended up finding a labyrinth I couldn't figure out how to access and died. Very good.

Is it as hard as im hearing? Like enemies taking 10 hearts off you in one hit and other "hard mode" type of area stuff compared to the surface?

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!
has anyone uhhh i dont know how to spoiler this, i havent seen it mentioned in this thread but its in like, the resetera one, and i dont know if its before or after the midpoint of the game, but it regards ganon and what hes doing while you are on hyrule surface and its a gameplay mechanic

but how often is phantom ganondorf hunting you down? is it everywhere all the time just rare and rng? or is it only during a bloodmoon? (the pic i saw everything was red) but i just wanna know how he turns up, is it like mr.x from re2 or something, or more like the bigger yiga clan members from botw one? i know he keeps turning up but i dont know if its from after you get on the surface or if its after hyrule castle

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Namnesor posted:

Has the soundtrack been datamined yet? I've played an hour and I think I've had my fill until the official release, but after what I've heard thus far the one thing I am absolutely okay being spoiled on is the music.

yeah, this account is uploading some of em

https://www.youtube.com/@FanSoundtrack

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Khanstant posted:

Frogger shrine cool. Hope they do more with that than a weird treasure bonus.

Just did a shrine in the air after piloting some floating blocks. In the end used two floating blocks to just make myself a staircase under this island and supported into it and got the crystal gem I needed.

It's a shame you can't glue horse to glider and do a kind of drop where you and the horse dive bomb off. I swear games never let horses do anything but run and jump. Never divebomb.

Sky gliding across the map rules, sorry 15 shrines I skipped over, I'm too busy cruising.

Theres a (datamined so maybe not read this if your adverse sky horse in the files

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 14:45 on May 5, 2023

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Tyma posted:

I was thinking about going through them and making a list, but it seems that the unlocks are tied to game progression?

None of the amiibo poo poo (the one time special armour and stuff i mean) you got in botw can be unlocked by amiibos in totk, they are all in the base game (dlcs included) now as chest rewards (unsure tho if wolf link or the xenoblade set is in there tho, they might be gone for good tbh, same with the bike but dont let that deter you, game is huge, could be people just havent found them yet)

Johnny Postnemonic fucked around with this message at 19:11 on May 5, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Postnemonic
Apr 27, 2023

I want to get online...
I need to post!

Gamerofthegame posted:

the depths is surprisingly unthreatening

that sucks

Lol, go deeper