Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah a built a huge nerdpole and climbed it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

also jfc this game is huge, just went down one of the big holes and wtf

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lunar detritus posted:

Is it just me or the fans are really finicky? I have no idea what the game wants me to do here. If I put the fan below the thing, it doesn't work, attached or not, but I need the second fan to float over a wall. Sometimes if I remove a fan and position it just so it works but the second I move the other fan it all falls apart.

I just stuck 2 side by side on the bottom blowing down and it took me up

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah game owns. gently caress those red hands tho

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

god drat owns, ive done nothing but explore 2 areas, havent even built any contraptions yet, just fuckin riding around exploring for the last 8 hours. I need to dig into the depths

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

so by the sounds of it exploring the underground is worth it early on?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lmao loving, found a wing underground, slapped 3 wheels on it and 2 fans and i'm just flying around the depths now

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i guess i meant it more as like, how hard is it on like 5 hearts, should i wait longer etc, but so far its not bad at 7 hearts.

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Ok yeah it's worth going into the depths, found something cool in the middle

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah game owns, depths as a do your own thing and explore area owns, lego stuff together owns, also the game is loving massive so prepare to sink 100+ hours in a playthrough easily

edit: im at like 20 hours and havent touched the first dungeon yet

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yiga are definitely still a thing

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Khanstant posted:

Also don't waste time trying to paper airplane your glider from flat ground, you definitely want some height to kick off the flight

unless you get some fans and wheels, then you slap 3 wheels 2 fans and a steering wheel on that bitch and fly a dang plane

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man ive been playing on my switch but decided to try it on yuzu for easier play while working at my pc and wow, runs great, and it natively grabbed the gyro and everything from a ps5 controller

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

but sticking gems on magic wants or staffs or weapons makes them shoot random bullshit, i cant sell them!

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

do i get to rebuild the area around the castle

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Chriswizard posted:

I got him to move by advancing the storyline a bit.

yeah i had done the rito and goron areas, then went back to lookout and that questline progressed

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

yeah i throw my bombs and glow flowers and stuff

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kaboobi posted:

The final power you get on your wheel sure is great, and I implore everyone to go get it as soon as possible. I somehow stumbled onto it and I'm guessing you can go the whole game without it maybe?

For a vague hint: check under the great plateau
For a direct hint: it's in the depths directly below the temple of time ruins on the great plateau in an impossible to miss giant building

is it the autofuse one?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Kaboobi posted:

yeah, but it does quite a bit more than that and also lets you straight up build prefab stuff out of a small amount of zoanite

lmao yea hi found that by accident too and as soon as i noticed that i was like holy poo poo

edit: does 1 large zonite charge give more than 5 small ones in a gumball machine?

queeb fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 8, 2023

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

Yerok posted:

I think my proudest moment in this game so far was welding a korok to the horse tow bar and dragging it across a field to its buddy

If you're running this on Yuzu definitely look up the code for forcing full resolution rendering. It doesn't make much of a difference in framerate for me and holy poo poo the difference in fidelity at 1440p is huge.

yeah you werent lying, it really helps.

also lol you can see so far when emulating:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

really hate the way they did abilities in this, having to chase the stupid ghost down

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man speedrunning of this will be wild, i restarted on PC and just did the entire rito area dungeon sub 10 minutes including single phasing the boss each time, and im bad at games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

man i just walked into a battle talus with like 5 blue bokoblins on its back, 2 armed with bomb flowers and i got deleted