Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Finn the Hylian / Link the Human over here (whichever is funnier)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Played up to the end of the first shrine…..game‘s good. But I barely had time to install it on my Deck before I had to go out so no time for optimisation etc and it ran not great (although not that much worse than high-end computers are running it now it sounds like)

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This game is ridiculously good I love these mechanics so much. I don’t think I’ll be playing much of the leaked version (finding out your stabled horses carry over and I can get Epona again is kind of embarrassingly huge for me lol) but as a taster this is wonderful

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Played through the whole tutorial island/s bit and made it down to the ground and built a terrible car. Unless some significant improvements come out that make it play better on either my devices (Steam Deck and M1 MacBook Air) come out, I think I’m done until release - 15fps average and crashes ain’t it. But HOLY loving poo poo this is a masterpiece and has the potential to be a BotW-beater easily, I love the fusing and building so much. The in-game reason for building materials lying around everywhere is so good lol. Really superb stuff so far.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

The Dave posted:

Has anyone just bulldozes through the game and leaked the full plot? Little spoiler whore over here.

You win at the end

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Artadius posted:

Can't tell if this is fake or not lol.

no ring

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Came across a base-lookin area so spent an hour doing the thing I’d seen on the gameplay vids and trying to build stuff to fly into it in some way. Couldn’t figure it out so just decided to walk in there and check it out.

It was Lookout Landing.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Weak troll attempt

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The more I play this the more impressed I am that it feels like a perfect blend of BotW and the older games. Like there’s an actual focus on narrative instead of it just feeling like an afterthought! And everything about the dungeons sounds real exciting to me.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Books On Tape posted:

Has anyone put out a high level summary of the game's main path? Is it the same as BOTW with 4 main dungeons, and dozens of shrines? I know there's underground and sky areas, but not sure how everything comes together.

Also does it have hero's path?

Pasting from elsewhere:

Final update on main quest dungeons: There are 7 in total. 5 are this game's divine beast/traditional dungeon hybrid and 2 are in the style of BOTW's Hyrule Castle. One of which is Hyrule Castle and another that is apparently Ganondorf's Castle

Also yeah lots and lots of shrines

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The story in this game is so much better than BotW it’s wild. I’ve only found like three of the tear memory whatsits but they’re a thousand times more interesting than the BotW ones were.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I just did that one, you gotta break a lot of rocks and then ascend at the right place

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Whatsherface is significantly older and taller so I think it’s been a few years

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This is one of the only times I’ve regretted not having a PC lol, all the emulator updates aren’t coming out for Mac so guessing I’m SOOL with underground textures for now at least

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

GOAT

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Honestly Ganondorf saying words is still kinda fuckin me up

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Alright, spoil me.

Is it good?

imo it’s super loving good and better than BotW by quite a bit and that was already like a top 5 game for me so

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Joining a discord server takes like five seconds

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Absolutely lost my mind when I hung out on the back of a dragon for a while and then it dived into a loving chasm

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: complaining on the internet solved issue within seconds lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
So far the only thing I actively dislike about this game is how many Eventide-style shrines there are

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone done the “one perfect bounce” shrine and if so what the gently caress do I do lol, the first one so far to completely baffle me

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

It's golf, you stick the metal box to the thing in the ceiling, pivot it up, and release it

basically the golf game from the last game except you don't need to waste a fuckton of weapon durability for every attempt

nah I did that one, I got the name of the one I was thinking of wrong, it’s “a well-timed bounce”, gatanisis shrine, west of knuckel island

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

rewind the spring

Thank you!!

I got one more Sage’s Will before I can learn what they do (which I would like to discover for myself of course), anyone got locations?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Nice. One of them I just ascended up next to the chest with it completely by accident lol

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
legit I might like this game more than Elden Ring which is loving ridiculous

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wiltsghost posted:

Wiggling the right stick to unstick sucks.

Don’t really understand this tbh. I find it pretty fun

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Yarrington posted:

I mean I’m cannonballing through the first one which is very fun but I can never get him to open up again for the others. Do you have to bait it out by hanging out way above him?

check the other side of it

also I have like 450 arrows at this point

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The big sky platforms despawn after a while too.

Met an NPC last night who told me how many caves there are in total. It’s like 58 or something

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
The whole Stable Trotters storyline owned a lot this game rules so much

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have so so many arrows, idk how people are running out. I have like 450

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Impa anywhere after you finish the geoglyph stuff? It ended kinda abruptly after the final cutscene, I thought you’d get to talk to her about it or something

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Bardeh posted:

some of these cave systems just keep on going, seemingly forever

I've been exploring the one under Lookout Landing for a long time, found a full set of Soldier Armor, lots of ore, but then came to a dead end where an electric wall-worm thing was. Is there anything further than that down there?

Where does this one start?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I’ve done the Wind Temple so I’ll go talk to people there when I boot it up next, thank you!

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Do Robbie’s quests and the Rito stuff, break every box for arrows, go under the Great Plateau

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This last diving challenge is an absolute MFer. drat clouds mean I can’t see where I’m meant to go so it’s just kinda about memorising the route I guess which is a pain compared to the others especially with the added danger

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Khanstant posted:

Make sure you're wearing the clothes from previous versions and then it's easy at full dive speed

Yeah it wasn’t the doing it so much as the not being able to see where the rings and platforms were because of the cloud cover. But I got there eventually and now I soar through the sky fast as poo poo omg it kicks rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Appoda posted:

How many main quests do I need to do to unlock all the basic functionality? I have the paraglider, and my latest main quests are "regional phenomena" and "impa and the geoglyphs". Is there anything else I should unlock for the new ipad or should I be good?

Talk to Robbie and Josha at Lookout Landing and do their first quest.

I just kinda decided to wander over to Eventide on a whim to see what’s what and I ended up doing that whole quest AND the colosseum in the depths beneath without dying and now I have extremely high-level weapons for where I actually am in the game lmao I haven’t even got all the towers on this version and only done the one dungeon (12 hearts and two stamina wheels). I feel pretty good about that! Spears are so OP I love them. The helmet you get there is pretty fuckin rad too.