Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug
The underground has some wild poo poo in it. I almost wish there wasn't fast travel down there. Its a real sense of going on an expedition. I ran out of lightbulbs on my last delve, found a hot air balloon, floated up, and desperately threw myself off to try and glide to the next light root. Ended up finding a labyrinth I couldn't figure out how to access and died. Very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkymonks
Aug 31, 2004

Pillbug

Johnny Postnemonic posted:

Is it as hard as im hearing? Like enemies taking 10 hearts off you in one hit and other "hard mode" type of area stuff compared to the surface?

Some vague spoilers for underground stuff, but nothing super specific.

There have been some enemies that were perfectly fine at 4 hearts and weapons with ~12ish strength. There were also some that completely wrecked my poo poo. One issue is that it can be hard to determine exactly how many enemies and what strength they are in a particular camp because its so dark. Which I like. I have mostly been running for my life. I got some treasure in one camp by sending in a contraption for distraction, going up in a hot air balloon and gliding to the top of a tower. Also fought two "bosses with boss health bars" so far. Beat one but by the time I got to the 2nd I was out of weapons and food so I bailed and will return.

Its nice that there are some other things to find in chests other than weapons and materials, posted in a separate spoiler below.

Specific Chest Reward spoiler: Schematics is a neat way to add some other stuff to find. I got a tron light bike schematic from an encampment.