Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Barreft posted:

Game owns once out of sky tutorial. You get the paraglider doing the next quest in Hyrule field so it's real quick.

TotK is kinda the Reverse-BotW so far.

Astonishingly boring and bad tutorial area that leads into a similarly underwhelming first couple minutes on the ground - then you get the parasail back and it’s like the devs were playing a little prank.

Literally every single new thing since that point has been good to loving awesome and now I have whiplash.

Make sure you talk to Robbie in the staging area to get the Camera rune unlocked and take a trip into the Depths. Tons of that Zonai mineral down there; I upgraded my battery with just poo poo I mined incidentally during the Camera quest.

Also the stables keep the horses from your BotW save, including stats :horse:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
This game is so loving good. I’m pretty sure the Depths are my favorite place to explore in any video game so far.

I built an armored Mad Max car with six headlights and 360 flame cannons and just do donuts around the underground monster camps laughing maniacally until everything is dead.

I love how all the new mechanics are stacked on normal mobs in the Depths to make even Bokoblins fairly dangerous. Stone armor on a Gloomed Boko Rider with a spear is fuckin scary.

Big fan of the Genshin hypostasis knockoff minibosses too.

Anybody know what the different Sage abilities do? I finished Wind Temple last night and he gives horizontal Ravioli’s Gale on a short cooldown that you can use while gliding.