Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

For those of you playing on v2/OLED switches, how's the performance docked vs handheld? Randos have said 20-25 fps which seems... Off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

BurningBeard posted:

It's Nintendo so I doubt it but are there any accessibility options? I really want to pick this up and I probably will either way since the free form nature of the game is its own kind of accessibility but I'd really like to know what's included since they've been mum about it and the leaks are out there.

No, it's still piss poor. You can't even remap the controls.

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

Icedude posted:

Are the Yiga back? They seem like they'd be loving this Ganondorf poo poo.

The disguised Yiga travelers return. Don't know if they factor back into the story, though.

cumpantry posted:

i cant believe they didnt bother to change any of the sfx or weapon degradation or korok poo poo at all. presentation is near identical. big whoop i can build vehicles--to do what, drive around a world ive already seen?

TotK feels like playing BotW 4.0. Instead of making a whole new game, they used the MMO model and added 6 years worth of patches and expansion packs.

It does address some of the problems I had with BotW. There's so much more to do in the world and side quests out the rear end. It can be a bit annoying tbqh as now key items and mechanics are now gated behind them, making the game feel more linear.

Story wise it feels like what you're doing makes more sense. Like there's an actual narrative as opposed to only getting the story through collecting cutscenes. I figure those gamers who actually care about story in Zelda games will be completely satisfied.

I am optimistic that things will open up getting to the depths.

AfricanBootyShine fucked around with this message at 13:25 on May 4, 2023

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

I vendor all my gems as I figured by the time I need them for upgrades I'll know how to cheatengine farm them quickly.