Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Watched Vol. 3 tonight. Loved it! That was a very fun movie, on top of being the only good phase 4 MCU film. P4 was dogshit terrible, but im really glad Marvel did not gently caress this one up as its the only MCU movie left with characters I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ooh poo poo, we got through all of phase 4 with not a single good film lol. Well that sucks, but at least Phase 5 is off to a great start.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Darth Walrus posted:

I remain extremely puzzled about how a director as experienced and accomplished as Zhao was unable to give her superhero movie some loving colour.

Doesn't Marvel require everything across their movies to look the same? Guardians, and Dr. Strange for some reason have been the few exceptions.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The only thing I was confused about with Vol. 3 is, what happened to Peter Quills helmet? I recall it being destroyed in Vol. 2, but didn't he have it back in Avengers Infinity War? It made the whole getting stuck in the vacuum of space scene really weird, that was the only moment of the movie that I thought was bad, and that was a pretty minor nothing that didn't need to happen, so it didn't hurt the movie either really.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For the TV shows, I really liked Loki, and Ms Marvel. There were things I really liked about She Hulk, but if someone said it wasn't really that good of a show, I wouldn't defend it. Guardians of the Galaxy 3 is one of my favorite MCU films, the more I think about it the more I realize how brilliant, funny, and well done it was. James Gunn leaving MCU is a gigantic loss for Marvel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

porfiria posted:

This movie was trash even by MCU standards. I turned it off after the Mantis Girl had some completely unmotivated rant about Chris Pratt's uncle or something that I'm sure will pay off in hour three. These movies are straight up written for babies at this point. And like Pratt had Zoey Saldana had such great chemistry before, I really care about that relationship, lol.

No way, you're completely off base here. I really think you should give the movie another try and have a more open mind about it. Maybe my standards are just low after how much of a disaster phase 4 was, but I don't think so, this really was a very good MCU movie.