Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

Having a really, really good idea, and walking to the other room to do it - but you stop to eat a deviled egg on the way and it makes you forget the idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Forgetting to reset your deadman's switch because someone asked you where the library is

deep dish peat moss

Flying the president away from alien invaders in a helicopter when you suddenly can't remember if there's a difference between Celery Salt and Celery Seed. You pull your phone out of your pocket to google it, taking your hands off the yoke and crashing into a building.

deep dish peat moss

Playing a game of chess against the Grim Reaper when you suddenly grow bored and surrender.

deep dish peat moss

The year is 1917. You are a soldier in the Battle of Verdun. The opposing army begins a charge. You realize that you have an overdue library book and close your eyes to retrace your steps and determine where you left it.

alexandriao

deep dish peat moss posted:

Forgetting to reset your deadman's switch because someone asked you where the library is

Yeah this is why i dont have one lmfao

losing my phone for 6hrs and making everyone accidentally think im gone sounds hellish

Too much is always not enough!

(Thanks to tvsveryown for the spring sig!)

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
going through your entire life just barely skating by, but in a funny way

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Stumble into every interaction like a social Mr Magoo because you can't recall the names of the people who just introduced themselves to you, because you zoned out staring at their satin shirt and then recalling you haven't done your laundry in days.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Saoshyant posted:

Stumble into every interaction like a social Mr Magoo because you can't recall the names of the people who just introduced themselves to you, because you zoned out staring at their satin shirt and then recalling you haven't done your laundry in days.

Oh jesus, this one hits me right at the very cute of my being

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!
just need a quick break after getting up for a quick snack after my first quick break after going to the bathroom after a prior quick break, and then i'll get to work on this project again

aw gently caress it's 4:30

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

google THIS

Saoshyant posted:

Almost being able to feel your brain dumping their name the instant your hear it for efficiency's sake because you're just going to forget it anyway

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Sherbert Hoover posted:

just need a quick break after getting up for a quick snack after my first quick break after going to the bathroom after a prior quick break, and then i'll get to work on this project again

aw gently caress it's 4:30

gently caress

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
I'll stomp this goomba just as soon as I break it down into a seven-step checklist process

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
*walks past Bowser's castle to stop and check out a cool plant*

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
*points out a cliff swallow nest*
"haha wow, how do you know so much about birds? take a class or something?"
"oh, i dunno, just picked it up somewhere*"

*real answer is three years ago i visited the museum in the old mission at san juan capistrano and learned they are famous for their nesting swallows and spent an hour on wikipedia clicking through links about the subspecies of cliff swallows and barn swallows and their distinctive bowl or gourd shaped nests made of mud or grass and although both species of swallows can make these mud gourd nests and have a primarily rufous coloring these birds have a squared tail instead of the distinctive forked swallow tail so they are definitely cliff swallows and all those bird facts are seared into my brain forever

Viginti Septem

Oculus Noctuae

canyoneer posted:

*points out a cliff swallow nest*
"haha wow, how do you know so much about birds? take a class or something?"
"oh, i dunno, just picked it up somewhere*"

*real answer is three years ago i visited the museum in the old mission at san juan capistrano and learned they are famous for their nesting swallows and spent an hour on wikipedia clicking through links about the subspecies of cliff swallows and barn swallows and their distinctive bowl or gourd shaped nests made of mud or grass and although both species of swallows can make these mud gourd nests and have a primarily rufous coloring these birds have a squared tail instead of the distinctive forked swallow tail so they are definitely cliff swallows and all those bird facts are seared into my brain forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2mLOVHZ2u4

https://i.imgur.com/9jTkSUL.mp4
Thanks to vanisher for the paradise sig! :)

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

Goddamnit...

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

listening to old drum and bass singles on youtube

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

deep dish peat moss

it's like The Entertainment from Infinite Jest for my ADHD brain

deep dish peat moss

A scientist working on the cure to cancer is moments away from solving it when they realize that their notes kind of look like a dinosaur so they scribble a whole dinosaur scene over their notes and forget what they were working on

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy
sorry, my cripping rejection sensitive dysphoria prevents me from posting in this thread

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

watho

procrastinating taking my meds that help me stop procrastinating

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

What!?

google THIS

Living in actual, possibly even physical agony from procrastinating something that you have no justifiable reason to put off, not even a lame excuse that you are conscious of, feeling much worse than any actual anxiety or strain the task would cause, and all you can think is "Ok, maybe this video will make me feel better long enough to get me motivated"

watho

it’s 11:36 pm i should probably make breakfast soon

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

google THIS posted:

Living in actual, possibly even physical agony from procrastinating something that you have no justifiable reason to put off, not even a lame excuse that you are conscious of, feeling much worse than any actual anxiety or strain the task would cause, and all you can think is "Ok, maybe this video will make me feel better long enough to get me motivated"

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
falling asleep 45 minutes short of your goal of resetting your sleep schedule and waking up at 6 PM instead

deep dish peat moss

Not realizing that overhearing people speaking near you turns your brain off because your brain gets turned off every time it happens

Tiny Myers

say hello to my little friend

Having a "Watch Later" playlist that is 400 hours long and you will never watch later :smith:

Tiny Myers

Putting 8 hours of hyperfocused work into some random thing that your brain decided to give you the dopamine for but you struggle to put 15 minutes into the thing that people actually want you to do so you look like a selfish piece of poo poo who sucks and is lazy

Tiny Myers

Tiny Myers posted:

Putting 8 hours of hyperfocused work into some random thing that your brain decided to give you the dopamine for but you struggle to put 15 minutes into the thing that people actually want you to do so you look like a selfish piece of poo poo who sucks and is lazy

The hyperfocused thing is also dumb and useless to everyone but you, because your hyperfixations are really boring and embarrassing and niche

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

google THIS

Feeling guilty that you're neglecting your previous favorite form of goofing off in favor of this new form of goofing off you've discovered

google THIS

This thread is reminding me that I've neglected to take my meds for about 15 years and I should probably look into that

teemolover42069

by Fluffdaddy
finally getting into a routine and having it immediately, noticeably, and profoundly effect your life for the better and deciding that you were faking having ADHD the whole time, bucking the routine for no reason and then watching your whole life fall apart again and realizing that you might have ADHD

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sarah Cenia

Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
im no doctor but im p sure im adhd as hell and could maybe benefit from meds but, well, primarily the money but secondarily the effort and stress involved in talking to whoever about poo poo is just exhausting and who knows when it'll ever happen but drat lol

google THIS

Watching a certified, licensed M.D. listen to fifteen seconds' worth of your symptoms, scratch his head, make a "gently caress it, why not?" face and say "Why don't we try this medication?" and wondering if this process is any more precise than hitting up a random street dealer.

Further realizing that this doctor is probably also a patient.

Tiny Myers

Conversely, being afraid to ask for a medication adjustment because they might treat you like an addict :negative:

Thank you How Wonderful! for the autumn sig!

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
government: "this is a controlled substance! it is hazardous and highly addictive and you must follow this timeline exactly when getting a refill (that isn't technically a refill) and if you ever have it lost or stolen by one of the many addicts it will be a huge hassle to replace it"
every patient, at about 10 am: "hmm, did i take my meds this morning?"

deep dish peat moss

When you count your pills out immediately after picking them up and you're missing a few because whatever pharmacy tech filled it took them and knows that if you say anything they say you were "agitated" and put you on a list that gets your prescription reviewed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macnult

someone ranting to you unprompted about how over-diagnosed ADHD is but “i don’t mean people like you though”