Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sherbert Hoover

Working hard, thank you!

Macnult posted:

someone ranting to you unprompted about how over-diagnosed ADHD is but “i don’t mean people like you though”

this sig is protected by Simsmagic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

google THIS posted:

Watching a certified, licensed M.D. listen to fifteen seconds' worth of your symptoms, scratch his head, make a "gently caress it, why not?" face and say "Why don't we try this medication?" and wondering if this process is any more precise than hitting up a random street dealer.

Further realizing that this doctor is probably also a patient.

Anyway I just remembered one of the reasons I haven't tried going on meds in a while

google THIS

Immediately thinking of a followup post but not making it until two days later

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
being unable to think of anything at all to post until you see that it was already posted by another orb

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

maybe i’ll check my mail this week

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

google THIS

fml

deep dish peat moss

Good luck, orb

I went to a new psych because I wanted to get back on meds and I got put on different non-stimulant meds that work better for my focus/attention span than Adderall ever did, except they don't have the side effect of euphoria but that's ok.

Gaylor Moon

Gender? I hardly know'er
leg bounce

Tiny Myers posted:

Having a "Watch Later" playlist that is 400 hours long and you will never watch later :smith:

shitballs, this is me and all the informative webpages I bookmark , and backlog of books 😓

Gaylor Moon fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 26, 2023

google THIS

deep dish peat moss posted:

Good luck, orb

I went to a new psych because I wanted to get back on meds and I got put on different non-stimulant meds that work better for my focus/attention span than Adderall ever did, except they don't have the side effect of euphoria but that's ok.

I haven't had much luck with Strattera in the past and Wellbutrin fucks me up, I'm casting back 20+ years to the one thing I actually remember benefitting from

I may be forced to try other alternatives but I don't like to Be Your Own Byuinea pig

deep dish peat moss

I'm on Clonodine which is a blood pressure medication used off-label to treat both ADHD and PTSD and it works very well for me but that's possibly because I have both things and one is a symptom of the other. But it's nice because it's not psychoactive at all so it doesn't have any of the weird mood things that come with lots of other ADHD meds, and lowering blood pressure can improve your mood all around anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

It's an improvement to Adderall in every conceivable way (for me) except for one, it's kind of like Clonodine removes the barriers to focus, whereas Adderall straps a rocket to your back and smashes you right through the barriers. Now I still have to motivate myself and push myself forward, but the way is clear when I do and I don't tunnel vision anymore. I do miss having that pill-based motivation though.