Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

google THIS

Saoshyant posted:

Stumble into every interaction like a social Mr Magoo because you can't recall the names of the people who just introduced themselves to you, because you zoned out staring at their satin shirt and then recalling you haven't done your laundry in days.

Almost being able to feel your brain dumping their name the instant your hear it for efficiency's sake because you're just going to forget it anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

Living in actual, possibly even physical agony from procrastinating something that you have no justifiable reason to put off, not even a lame excuse that you are conscious of, feeling much worse than any actual anxiety or strain the task would cause, and all you can think is "Ok, maybe this video will make me feel better long enough to get me motivated"

google THIS

Feeling guilty that you're neglecting your previous favorite form of goofing off in favor of this new form of goofing off you've discovered

google THIS

This thread is reminding me that I've neglected to take my meds for about 15 years and I should probably look into that

google THIS

Watching a certified, licensed M.D. listen to fifteen seconds' worth of your symptoms, scratch his head, make a "gently caress it, why not?" face and say "Why don't we try this medication?" and wondering if this process is any more precise than hitting up a random street dealer.

Further realizing that this doctor is probably also a patient.

google THIS

google THIS posted:

Watching a certified, licensed M.D. listen to fifteen seconds' worth of your symptoms, scratch his head, make a "gently caress it, why not?" face and say "Why don't we try this medication?" and wondering if this process is any more precise than hitting up a random street dealer.

Further realizing that this doctor is probably also a patient.

Anyway I just remembered one of the reasons I haven't tried going on meds in a while

google THIS

Immediately thinking of a followup post but not making it until two days later

google THIS

fml

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

google THIS

deep dish peat moss posted:

Good luck, orb

I went to a new psych because I wanted to get back on meds and I got put on different non-stimulant meds that work better for my focus/attention span than Adderall ever did, except they don't have the side effect of euphoria but that's ok.

I haven't had much luck with Strattera in the past and Wellbutrin fucks me up, I'm casting back 20+ years to the one thing I actually remember benefitting from

I may be forced to try other alternatives but I don't like to Be Your Own Byuinea pig