Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Child Smelters
:devil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Bad news: beer brewing will take significantly longer in this cold cold world.
Good news: that can impart good flavour to the end product.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

:forkbomb: My new girl: Candy is dandy!
:cheers: But liquor is quicker.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Quench the Devil's thirst!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

No atheists in a foxhole I guess, now's the time for the opiate of the masses.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Have you not read the Bible recently? Needlessly waiting until the last minute while the people languish in agony is God's style.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

God drat it you morons, stop stealing food!

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I wanted to do an amusing thing in the spirit of Victorian political pamphlets only to discover that they're all apparently locked behind academic subscription walls, this is so disappointing.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Prostitution specifically, I wanted to modify an anti-sex work rant into a positive.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

prosthetics.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Good to know we have enough quality wood to manufacture some toy horses for all the good little boys and girls!
I volunteer to dress up as Father Christmas and distribute said pleasure horses.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Real miss not voting to pleasure Horst, the poor guy is getting lonely.

painedforever posted:

Y'know, it's weird but I'm reading this book about dictators (How to Be a Dictator by Frank Dikötter), and this game is practically pushing us into becoming a dictator. Like, it's in the playbook (had there been a playbook), but y'know, having propaganda centers blaring wall-to-wall praise for you and your policies, bully-boys to enforce your laws, hiding events that might cause discontent...

Is this a secret fascism simulator?

it's definitely allows you to be and all the bad events so far encourages you to increase your direct power over the populace, and I'm not seeing any opportunities to relinquish any of that power.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

"oh can't you kids go build a snowman instead of bothering me, I have to rebuild this engine."
-"we made six just this morning, you know how hard the snow gets at minus fifty?!"
-"I still can't feel my tongue "

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

habituallyred posted:

Equip and no new Laws

+1

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I just looked it up and average global temperature during the last ice age are estimated to have been 6c which just puts in perspective just how hosed the world is ingame.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

They would have made for fine snowmen

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I've been following the games industry for over three decades and I can't think of anything that's as much of an apocalypse simulator as this game, Missile Command was grim and gave the developer nightmares but you don't get updates of people working themselves to death keeping the missile batteries running and the whole thing is brief.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

habituallyred posted:

^^^Not even Fate of the World?

Nice job. I won my first game without steam hubs. Needless to say I lost a lot more people during that last bit.

Seems interesting but it's not available without DRM which is a form of apocalypse I'm not willing to deal with.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'll definitely be trying DEFCON.

Once.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Dominions is just way too technical for me to either play or follow along, Frostpunk seemed a bit too simple in mechanics for my liking but maybe the upcoming sequel is for me.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Synthbuttrange posted:

The baffling thing is how Frostpunk has so many weird dumb mobile knockoffs. Play them for us. :getin:

Captain's emergency missive: Do not subject the OP to mobile games, that is cruel and unusual punishment!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Any geology nerds to speculate where are the best places on earth from coal access/ avg temperature point?