Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In these dark times it's important we come together and start beating the poo poo out of each other in the Arena, for some reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Look, do you guys want to throw children into that generator, do you want to work people to death, or do you want to go a few rounds shirtless in

*checks notes*

-4 Fahrenheit weather

You can't even build a pub until you do it! What kind of Englishmen don't have a pub?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

NewMars posted:

Fighting Arenas. It's the next best thing to a real pub and an English tradition!

Are we saving civilization here or not fellas

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Remalle posted:

Awesome, I really appreciate the feedback!

Time permitting, I'm aiming to get a post up later tonight. Polls are currently showing:
Fighting Arena 4 5
Soup 3
Sustain Life 1
Radical Treatment 1

The best techniques are passed on by the survivors

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rubix Squid posted:

Pubs! Pubs! Pubs! Pubs! Pubs!

No reason to really vote here lol

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CzarChasm posted:

See, you type this, and I get concerned

If it's the post apocalypse and you have time to maintain the appearance of things, and they are "pristine", that's suspicious AF.

Pub it up

Maybe it's the kind of apocalypse where the rest of the world is perfectly fine

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

If they had built a pub and a fight club sooner they'd probably have been fine

Let's go with Order but hope it's not all bullshit 80s British fascist options that we all know it's definitely just going to be

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 18:48 on May 16, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

It's all work and no play for el capitan!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Regallion posted:

implement standup meetings

Discontent rises dramatically

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

You know, we're hauling rear end considering we've only been out here for like two weeks

Patrols seem good

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I like to think they're dynamite blasting for frozen fish

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mechanical Ape posted:

Look, if you promise not to ask where the meat is coming from, then I won't ask what we're making the moonshine out of.

Dynamite blasting the liquor stores out of the ice walls

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Duelling Law.

We need to get combat higher to have hope against polar bears.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AtomikKrab posted:

Frostpunk 2 is sometime this year, probably winter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04B4mi1QfEM

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I vote for Dueling Laws so we can challenge the storm to single combat

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-05evHurnfM&t=30s

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

The fighting arenas are still good though right

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Probably should have gone south instead

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Mechanical Ape posted:

That's not going to help against a metaphor.

It probably wouldn't hurt!

quote:

Two people come in from the cold. Nobody could have survived out there. Are they ghosts?

See? It's not that bad, everyone's just whining. They should have built up their fortitude in the arenas that appear to still be online if I'm looking at those screenshots correctly

By popular demand posted:

I've been following the games industry for over three decades and I can't think of anything that's as much of an apocalypse simulator as this game, Missile Command was grim and gave the developer nightmares but you don't get updates of people working themselves to death keeping the missile batteries running and the whole thing is brief.

DEFCON is pretty close, except it's technically possible to "win" if you get lucky lol. As the megadeaths rise the somber music fades out to geiger counters and sobbing. Make sure to play in real time so you can realize that you're not shooting that ICBM down and Chicago is doomed in thirty minutes!

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 8, 2023

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I read an LP of Dominions 5 once

Mu posted:

im posting picture this: a militia man, squaring up to the colossal head. the militia man is wiry, energetic, itching for a fight. he's probably in his early twenties, and still figuring out what kind of man he is and his place in the world. the colossal head is a giant stone head. it weighs like 20 tons. it's over 2000 years old and it doesn't do anything at all. the militia man winds up-- and he punches the stone head. he punches it hard. i mean, this guy, he gives it everything, he gives it everything he's got. as his fist connects with the stony surface of the colossal head, his hand instantly shatters into a hundred pieces. you can really hear it too, as it breaks into bits. it's this wet crunching noise. the militia man himself, he doesn't scream or cry anything, he just makes this really sad sound. it's not quite a wheeze and it's not quite a whine. it's like when you step on an old balloon. just this weird kind of drawn-out squeak from somewhere in his throat. and then he just falls to his knees. what's the moral of the story? there's isn't a moral to the story. the guy just smashed his hand to pieces. there isn't a moral. it's not--it isn't that kind of story. listen, i'm done talking here. i'm done talking. just, get out of here. get out of my face already. we're done here.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

AtomikKrab posted:

Prisons are ok, people will actually ASK you to pass the prison law during the londoners arc.

Realistically in the game the law itself is just in practicality a drunk tank, people get thrown in for a few days to cool their heels and clear their heads then go back out.

I think part of the problem is that the game is measured in days and not weeks, and the city is hundreds of people. The latter makes sense because it'd get a little awkward wrangling thousands in this sort of game and also, how did tens of thousands of people actually get up there, but the former is total nonsense. The escalation from "we need order to give purpose to our lives so we don't kill ourselves" to "I'm Mega Stalin now" is like a week lmao. Pretty impressive building all those mines that fast though

What the hell guys.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

SugarAddict posted:

I don't think steam powered giant robots would make for good sex workers, despite what the engineers would think.

No. Stop. Get that image out of your mind you filthy degenerates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

GunnerJ posted:

The Deacon seemingly got Rip Van Winkle-d from the 1600s to the start of the game.

These things happen