Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.
Child Shelter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Why do I get the feeling that one of the options later in game combines the benefits of corpse disposal and soup?

Cemetary

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

See, you type this, and I get concerned

remalle posted:

Although the scouts are laden with many valuable supplies it is imperative that we establish contact with the other city. They head down the trail, heading toward a bridge that serves as the only visible landmark. Even from far away they can clearly see it is both beautiful and pristine, signs that not only are people using and taking care of it regularly, but they have time and resources to spend on making it nice.

If it's the post apocalypse and you have time to maintain the appearance of things, and they are "pristine", that's suspicious AF.

Pub it up

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Care house feels like we're prepping resources for something that isn't quite on the horizon yet. The last thing I think I'd want is overcrowding, so I vote for Extra Rations for the ill

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Order, if God was going to save you, He would have done it by now.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

stryth posted:

Faith, these people need hope and happiness, not commands and punishments.

Right, because if there's one thing religion is not known for is command(ment)s and punishments :eyeroll:

I honestly can't tell if that's :thejoke:

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Patrols

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Pleasure House, maybe some of these rabble rousers would be less agitated if their energy could be focused elsewhere.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

No new laws

Keep ourselves lean and agile to deal with incoming new obstacles

BTW, how much housing room do we have? We just got a sudden influx of 70 survivors, and probably two more batches of similar number coming in. Do we have housing space for 200 new bodies coming in? Granted, probably 1/3 of that will be in medical recovery for a while.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

quote:

They are designed unit six, due to a clerical error - they should have been unit five, but we already stamped their badges, so scout team six they will be.

I think your clerical error just provided the alibi for the missing/killed workers. "Oh those guys? They were all on scout team five."

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't think this came up before, but the real name of this game is Frostpunk, right?

I ask because for one, there appears to be approximately 0 punk anything. Every available option appears to be about order, and control, and that's about as far from punk as you can get.

Second, I could see it being a variation on Steampunk, but none of our technology appears to be powered by frost, whatever that would mean. It's all coal and steam cores powering our city and machines, right?

I could almost see it if it were a cold-adjacent, aesthetic kind of thing, but no one really looks like Mr. Freeze henchmen thematically, other than cold weather survival gear, and that's less a fashion statement and more a "wear this or die" thing.

So where does the name come from?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Can you implement prison and then shut it down the same way you can propaganda center?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Got to go for the options that cater to the sick and injured, since our human numbers can't be increased.

Also, did I read this scenario correctly, the idea is that we are saving these seeds for some nebulous future, but after the automatons are secured we just go back to the crater?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Is it possible for the automaton research to go bad/fail? In the first scenario losing one steam core and one automaton doesn't feel too dangerous, but in this one that could be a major setback.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

Glad to see this is back.

Take back the power. Also, is there a path for cannibalism so we can now rightfully eat the rich?

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

To hell with this sickos, turn them away

But I hear you say "We need to be the better man" - You know the easiest man to be better than? A corpse.

Also, fighting arenas, public houses and dueling. Let the common man vent his frustration at or upon the former ruling class.

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

BassMug posted:

Wait, but they could win in a duel. Let’s keep it to fists so they gotta use their wimpy li’l noble nooble arms!

Bah! Trial by combat is a time honored tradition, and if the lord is truly just and right with god, he shall emerge victorious, regardless of how imposing his opponent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

So the people are on the verge of tossing us out, just as the power hungry POS Lord Craven turns up? Nah. Supplies are low, he's lovely, and these are not children of the working class, but sons and daughters of lords. Go suck poo poo through a straw. Turn them away