Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

my dad posted:

Storywise: Holy poo poo guys, we're gonna freeze to death if we don't get our poo poo together right the gently caress now, we can sleep later. (rework phrasing for sufficient level of british)

"bit chilly, innit"

Emergency Shift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

RBA Starblade posted:

What kind of Englishmen don't have a pub?

The kind who have a mate with a still on his allotment.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

habituallyred posted:

Engineering Apprentices Somehow I think we will need more research than healing.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

It's the apocalypse, if you don't bury your dead they're going to get up and eat your face. Cemetery.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Pubs so we can spend the next few pages arguing about naming them

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Moonshine, more booze is always the answer

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Order and discipline.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Morning gathering

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Get those guards out on patrol.

And why do we have to put up with the Londoners for an arbitrary amount of days? Why can't we just kick them out if they want to go so badly?

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Patrols.

In this scenario I think prison is just a waste of resources, spending food and heating on able-bodied adults who aren't contributing anything.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

I'm not hopeful for our society if the only punishment options they can come up with are 'prison' or 'nothing'. Dude stole food so he gets short rations and longer shifts for a while, or something.

But fine, if we're going to be stupid, prison it is.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

We maybe could have used triage before all these sick people arrived, but they're here now and we're coping and plan to expand soon, so no new laws.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

This is an annoying yes/no choice, why can't we send someone to see if she does have a sick kid and whether the kid got food or not?

Anyway. Give her the food, no new laws.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

Jetrauben posted:

One of the truly bizarre choices in this game is that you can build however many fighting pits as you want... but only a single pub.

How does that logic track?

One official pub.

At least 50% of these homes are going to have some sort of still in the basement.

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

IthilionTheBrave posted:

It's kinda funny to imagine a gaggle of the best and brightest, so to speak, immediately starting up gladiatorial combat at the first opportunity that presents itself.

You've not worked with field biologists, have you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Robe
Sep 12, 2017

Generic Magic User

IthilionTheBrave posted:

I'll readily admit I've been voting for duelling laws out of some stubborn desire to see the inter-college rivalry go to an absurd extreme. I fully understand it's a terrible idea for this scenario due to the lack of manpower.

I promise academic slapfights are not dramatic. I imagine with both parties bundled up in snowsuits it would be pretty pathetic.