Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I just caught up, so I'm gonna go with moonshine as well. I'm hoping the soup laws don't get passed, especially since I know what comes after them, yech.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Pretty obvious which law's getting passed next but still, Care Houses.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Faith, these people need hope and happiness, not commands and punishments.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Ceremonial Funerals, let's get some new traditions in place. Having played games like dishonored makes me want to take whoever came up with the agitator law, and "volunteer" them for the next scouting team.

Great buff, but makes me want to scream and shoot things.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Ceremonial Funerals

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Patrols, better to catch them before they do anything else, instead of locking them up afterword and potentially making people worry that we're turning into a police state.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Prison, the killers can test out the wonders of our latest recipe while they're cooling their heels, COLD SAWDUST SOUP!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

King Doom posted:

At this point that isn't snow falling, that's carbon dioxide solidifying out of the air.

That happens at 78.5C so we're not quite there yet.

No new law

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
We have over 3600 food so, we can probably spare the 2 food rations, let's give her the food. I wonder why she says she didn't get her meals?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Honestly, at these temps, all the steel reinforced structures should start collapsing as the steel freeze to the point of brittleness. The generator might be okay since it's the source of the heat.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

The Lone Badger posted:

Is Hope flammable? Can we run the Generator on it?

No, but excessive loss of hope/growth of discontent, might keep some people warm as they exert themselves while beating you to death. Or it might keep your guards warm while they're doing the same to everyone else.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
So we're building robots to ensure that life will resume after the world has been rendered barren and dead by disaster. Maybe we should call this place Horizon city, as we work towards a new dawn. :D

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

bbcisdabomb posted:

One of these days I'll get food additives passed. It can't be any worse than the slop they're already putting in the soup! :argh:

Well that depends, which sounds worse to add to your meals? Extra water or extra construction waste(aka sawdust)?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Clearly our predecessor wanted to make Winterhome like a real city, bonkers street layout and all.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Option 5

That coal could set us up for a while as far as fuel goes. Wait, how do we get more people? I doubt there's gonna be any refugee groups heading our way.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Wait, didn't you say last vote that Option 5 was coal? well, whatever coal mine or steel mine, either one is precious.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Option 6, we'll need the space for the next 130 people who show up, and the 2 bridge from there will open up more options for next vote.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Option 3 for some more steel and more options.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

I always imagined the flying hunters worked kind of like whalers. They fly through frostland looking for what ever poor creatures they can find then when they spot an elk or whatever they whip out some steampunk hybrid of a harpoon and a sniper rifle, stick the the soon to be dinner, then just haul it up into the airship. All with out ever landing. Which would explain why they're so much better at it then normal hunters. Anything big enough to be a worthy meal, probably doesn't worry about threats from above very much.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

The Lone Badger posted:

What I'm surprised about is that there's anything left to hunt given the complete lack of vegetation.

Lots of stuff froze really fast remember? So there's plenty of vegetation, it's just frozen and buried under 30 feet of snow. Only the baddest of the badasses in the animal kingdom survived... to end up in our ration packs. As for the predators? Well, how many long dead frozen bodies have we run across in this game?

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Bath house, let people find their nookie on their own.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Hearty Meals, Comfortable Quarters, Chapel

May as well get that motivation nice and high for when thing get really crappy.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Chapel, Extra Rations for the Ill, House of Pleasure

Because, in order,

Everyone loves their religon.

We need our workers healthy, not down with the flu or whatever.

Also if they're gonna do it any way might as well make a place for it... maybe add a pool room.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Shorter shifts
Cutting a work shift from 10hrs to 8hrs should only incur a 20% efficiency loss as opposed to the 25% of safety procedures, all while achieving the same results without the need for a cooldown period. Also I don't remember if using SP affects all buildings or just one, but if it's the former, then Short shift would also allow more precise control. this may seem like a purely "nice guy" decision, but that doesn't mean it can't be a good one too.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
bWorkers
Regardless of how useful engineers might be, workers will always make up the bulk of our workforce. Tend to the masses!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Repatriation of bodies, chapel, worker's council.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

BassMug posted:

Bare Knuckle, Extra Rations for The Illest

^^^

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Stay
We built this generator, we know it's inner workings and little quirks. If we leave, then the people who end up coming here after us will have to learn how to handle it all over again. Besides, if we stay and upgrade it, we might be able to increase it's overall capacity to handle everyone who's coming, as well as ourselves.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

Josef bugman posted:

No new laws. I've just found this LP and it's great. Does anyone know when Frost punk 2 is expected?

Best guess I've seen is the first half of 2024.

Oh and No new laws!
I think the the workers might be pushing the whole power to the people thing a bit far. As far as company run settlements go, this one's been pretty good and accommodating. I see no reason to get violent.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Time to prepare.
Let's not become the monsters we seek to shake off.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Maybe there was a change in leadership in NL? If the guy we played ended up being replaced with some hardliner, one who WOULD have gone full dictator. That could explain the sudden, and severe shift in how NL is treating it's outposts. It would also explain why they sent the kids early, and changed the supply plan, all dictators end up hoarding food and supplies eventually, it's like a rule in their handbook.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
Merry belated Christmas to all our frosty survivors!

As far as names for our cliffside city goes, I'm Putting in a vote for New Bastion
Seems appropriate considering we might need to defend ourselves.

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
We can't afford to be losing our people in silly pointless duels, they've got the arena to settle their issues in. But a PUB? You always need a PUB.

I'm so glad New Bastion got picked, now all we need is an old man to narrate everything we do and call us "kid"!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!

President Ark posted:

Someone was gooning to horses?! :gonk:

:v:

SA ya'll!

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I wonder how winter myths have changed in frost land? Is jack frost now considered a demon? Is old man winter the devil? We know Christmas is still a thing in some settlements, but how is Santa remembered? Deep thoughts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stryth
Apr 7, 2018

Got bread?
GIVE BREADS!
I look forward to the day when we can again decide the fate of our frozen over city...
And no doubt have to deal with "Horse of Pleasure 2: Coal Fired Boogaloo!"

Thanks for the fun ride, see ya!