Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

habituallyred posted:

^^^Not even Fate of the World?

Nice job. I won my first game without steam hubs. Needless to say I lost a lot more people during that last bit.

"Steam hubs" versus "generator range extension" seems like a basic game balance failure. Extending the generator range eats so much coal compared to what steam hubs give you - range extension is a trap choice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

By popular demand posted:

Dominions is just way too technical for me to either play or follow along, Frostpunk seemed a bit too simple in mechanics for my liking but maybe the upcoming sequel is for me.

Dominions isn't that technical. It does sit in this special area populated by WEGO games (where players all submit orders simultaneously and then the results are calculated for everyone) like War in the Pacific, where the game has a less-than-intuitive interface, leading to crazy results like aircraft carrier groups running out of fuel in the middle of combat because literally nobody thought to check the tank before they left the house, or wizards gassing their own army because they never thought to cast the protection spell first.

It makes for pretty good lets plays as a result, but serious players tend to clone their games and do test runs of important battles to make sure they don't make mistakes like these, I believe.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Faith Keepers to give you more options when crime events show up

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Let them in - improve healthcare

Healing 218 people in two days sounds impossible otherwise I'd go for that

Gort
Aug 18, 2003