Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Doesn’t look like this is gonna be as tight as the Tampa series…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Nice high hit from Bennett

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Mitch keeps on loving up those easy passes along the blueline

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Someone forgot to tell the Leafs D that the reason they’re so passive in zone is so guys aren’t all alone in front of their net all the time

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Yeah if you’re gonna not score on the PP gotta imagine the other team’s gonna come roaring back at ya

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

McCabe lost the puck behind the net and then lost his guy at the net, great work

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Knies is so good on the offensive boards and so, so bad in his own end off the wall it’s pretty crazy

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jesus Christ Tavares, there’s just no reason for that to be a turnover

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Florida had exactly one good shift until like 5 minutes left in the period and then the Leafs just stopped playing

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I figured the Panthers would have a little more legs early the way the schedule and series worked out, McCabe-Brodie needs to be a lot better than they were in the first

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

TheGreyGhost posted:

Is John Tavares supposed to be like, all star good? I feel like every time I’ve seen him in the last month he gets the puck in hand he sucks and every time he gets like a chance to tap in or rebound for someone else he’s decent.

He’s a former star whose age killed the little skating talent he had and now he’s just an effective PP/offensive zone start guy, he can’t really keep up with the rush either way and struggles in his own end but he can do a lot if his line gets settled into the offensive zone.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Alright if the Leafs are gonna miss wide open chances like that this is gonna be a real long night

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Someone wanna tell Marner that nobody’s scared of his slow wristers from 40 feet out

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/domluszczyszyn/status/1653548355614539778?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Sheldon Keefe everybody!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

is he one of those "I'm just gonna roll my lines" coaches or is he pretending that 4th line is a "shut-down" line

He’s pretending that ZAR-Kampf-Kerfoot is a shutdown line, yes.

Also hey a random bullshit goal

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Well he made up for it! :siren:

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Matthews absolutely has to score on one of those

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Oh right Michael Bunting is on this team

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Also winding it back a little, lol at Nylander not realizing the defender fell on his cut back and skating backwards with no one between him and the net

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

Sick blatant interference on two guys at once by ROR. Vet play.

That’s why you trade for veteran leadership! That’s what that means!

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

https://twitter.com/tictactomar/status/1653558834714083328?s=46&t=HQKtcRjDK4S81BLV4tbVnw

Picture me gesturing wildly with my arms

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Are you loving kidding me Brodie

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Fucks up the keep in by hesitating and then he can’t get back and gives up a breakaway. That’s supposed to be the Leafs top D pair and they’ve handed Florida two goals.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs crushed the Panthers in that period but oops gave up two goals for no reason

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Watching the replay ROR had a chance to catch Verhaeghe but just completely ran out of gas and straight-legged it after the red line, my anxiety that he was gonna break and lose effectiveness is growing

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Leafs not converting and Florida getting a free one is a very tiresome but predictable story

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m begging and pleading with Samsonov to trap a puck instead of letting every shot fall off of him for his D to clean up

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I would really love the Leafs to have a playoff game where I can’t point to a key contributor and say “yeah that guy cost them multiple goals”

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ergo Propter Hog posted:

What did the corgi say

Leafs in 6

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good soup! posted:

Absolutely dead in that arena

Have you never watched a Leafs game before

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Oh gently caress that offside was a momentum killer

Michael Bunting giveth, and taketh

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

Amazing how badly the Pens hosed up the entire bracket in the east by being unable to beat Chicago. Florida might not have even made the playoffs if the Pens won those games that they should have. And they certainly woulda got killed if they actually did get in.

Now Florida is on a rampage

Florida hasn’t even played very well in this game imo, they’ve just made the Leafs pay for the mistakes they made and the Leafs haven’t returned the favour.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Propaganda Hour posted:

Overwhelmingly taketh this post season

Oh yeah I did not mean to imply it was an even deal

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Ginette Reno posted:

The Leafs have not looked good so far this playoffs. They better get their poo poo together soon.

They’re killing them in the xGs and have had tons of open looks, it’s just easy to discount it all mentally when they don’t score

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good soup! posted:

lol but also idk man this seems like a different kind of silence

It’s Playoff Leafs Fans silence, it’s the knowledge that this isn’t their game. As this whole empty net sequence is making very clear, should have scored twice and nothing.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Schenn has literally been one of their best defenders and was the best xG% player period in the Tampa series, on either team

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Powershift posted:

Just give them a powerplay, who gives a poo poo

Yeah the game is over

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

How the gently caress was Rielly in the offensive zone already

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Where do the leafs go from here I wonder...
I don't know that they have the wing depth to spread the lines out like they are... maybe just load up the top 2 and hope that pushes through?
There's not a lot they can defensively/goaltending-wise

I don’t think they need to change a thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I think that's part of the trap. This is more or less how they played against Boston too. They're a very good team, especially at 5 on 5, but it doesn't look flashy.

If the trap is giving up a breakaway to Auston Matthews in the first 5 minutes and then multiple 2 on 1s, a 2 on 0, and leaving guys open in front of the net then I’ll walk into that trap. Leafs just didn’t convert, imo.