Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
I really hope Joe Pavelski is ready to go here and didn't hurry back because it was the playoffs.. wanna see that guy at his best, not still shaken up from a concussion

**kind of interesting they are starting him on the 2nd line, those guys (Marchment and Domi) aren't the best defensive presences on the team...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

It's Joe! He's Back!!!!

DALLAS

STARS

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

JOE PAVELSKI GOOD

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Good soup! posted:

.......#BANG???

that guy used to bang on the glass as hard as he could for the entire 60 minutes straight every game. They made him stop doing under threat of being banned from the stadium it because it was loving with the broadcasts or something so now he just carries around that sign.

He gives off very strong coke head vibes.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

hmm looks like that latest one caught a piece of Lindell's stick... a perfect deflection.. kind of an unintentional Joe Pavelski lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol Seattle has 0.7 expected goals this period

I'm not going to over-react to a period where literally everything went in for them, but it's clear Dallas is a bit uncomfortable with the speed Seattle attacks with. Going to be an adjustment.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I mean it's good when you give up 4 goals in the first period and still have a pretty solid chance to get back in the game and win.. Come on Dallas, better bounces this period please

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

wow DeBoer changed up the pairings so the two worst defenseman are out there together and the Stars took a penalty on their first shift together. What a shocker.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

one man showed up to play

hell of a game Joe, you're a legend no matter what happens this year

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

OH MY GOD

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Very reminiscent of game 1 vs Minnesota, hope the Stars can win the 2nd or it might be time to write them off :P

**Start the narrative that Oettinger can't win in OT

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Stars lost that in the 1st. Looked like a different team in the 2nd and 3rd. I’m not too worried

Yet

Also joe owns

I'm pretty worried.

Teams that lose every OT game don't do well in the playoffs.. those are coinflips but they end up deciding series. That one went against the Stars.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

very impressed with the Seattle defense. Maybe as disciplined a team as I've seen defending in their own end.

Dallas has some incredibly skilled and creative attacking players and they couldn't hardly get a clean look at the Seattle net despite the PP and plenty of zone time / rush opportunities.

It just looks to me like the Stars need to go that extra 5% to battle through the Seattle defense.. they aren't quite getting there right now.. Just hoping we win cause our goaltender is better than Seattle's isn't going to get it done this time in my estimation.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

hmm this shift the Stars have undertaken from scoring 3 power play goals a game in the first round to being completely toothless on the power play now may spell their doom.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

man that hit the nob of his stick.. should have been 2-0 there...

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

holy poo poo the wrap around actually worked

now I've seen it all

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I don't know if you remember Tuesday night but Seattle scored 4 goals in like... 40 seconds of game time

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

I just feel like Seattle is going to get goals when they need them.. Dallas better be planning to pot a few more tonight..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Grinnblade posted:

props to the Dallas crowd for continuing to sing Friends in Low Places after the PA cut off as play resumed, lmao

I do not care for the same sing along that happens every game for the last 5 years.

Joe Pavelski is the man who just keeps on scoring goals from 3 feet in front of the net lol.. It's amazing how a derpy 5'-10" guy can do it.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Stars are playing fine, but Seattle has kind of spooked me so far in this series.. or maybe it's just that Jake doesn't look quite right... This game still feels incredibly dangerous for the Stars..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Man the Stars are just beating the poo poo out of poor Matty Beniers

he's one tough cookie..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

not a great turn of events there...

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol Stars are trying so hard to throw this one

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Well Stars got the win they needed.. so far this series is tracking the Minnesota one beat for beat lol

I guess if that continues, game 3 will be a one sided romp for Seattle

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

lol the leafs

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

goalie went the wrong way, they are going to want to place him into witness protection...

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

wow I'm surprised Marchment was able to bounce right back up after that hit.. looks like that hurt lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Yeah.. I mean I guess that was an ok road period but the Stars are going to need to actually create some chances at some point if they want any chance in this game..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

what awful luck

I swear Dallas has had like 10 of those goals scored against them this playoffs

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Dallas can't win without Heiskanen so if he's not available they may as well not even play the rest of the game.. gently caress me

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Come on Oettinger, your team needed a loving save right there..

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

alright..

Wedgewood in, on to game 4..

jesus christ what a train wreck

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Mind_Taker posted:

Oettinger stinks tonight

He's been below average on the entire playoffs..

He's always been that way though.. extreme hot / could tendency. Will go a week or two with a .880 save percentage, then a week or two with a .950 save percentage.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

alright so that's 2 goals that you'd except an EBUG to save

I'm shocked that Oettinger hasn't been pulled... wtf

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Not even any point to bringing Heiskanen back if he is available, give him the rest of the night off, hook Oettinger for Wedgewood, and just rotate 4 lines / 5 d-men until the final buzzer rings. Nothing to be made out of this poo poo show.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Shinjobi posted:

If Miro's out then that's gonna be series

Sorry, Otter can stand on his head if he wants to but the team doesn't function without Miro

Yeah.. I can see them winning without any other player on the team.. Losing Robertson or Hintz would suck, and Oettinger is all well and good, but there isn't a team in this entire league the Stars could beat in a series without Heiskanen. He is so clearly the MVP of this roster and the team does not function without him.

**and it's not even necessarily that he's the best player on the team, it's more that the rest of the blueline is Thomas Harley and 4 clowns who can not skate, pass or shoot.

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Good one Oettinger :(

Wedgewood please!

**Like I can not emphasize enough this is a 2-1 game if Oettinger isn't complete garbage tonight lol

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Murdstone posted:

Think Oettinger will be back in the 3rd?

lol what would the point of that be? crush whatever is left of his confidence?

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

Are Dallas fans seriously arguing that Seattle fans don't understand the game? what the gently caress is going on in this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

seiferguy posted:

Rest em for game 4?

I was responding what would be the point of sending him back out there for the third.. I guess i wasn't clear..