Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sick blatant interference on two guys at once by ROR. Vet play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol what was mccabe thinking

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Sick move by Samsonov to key in on pushing attackers instead of focusing on the puck

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Maybe they're talking about hitting the beach early

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Dear God a Florida/Carolina Edmonton/Dallas conferences finals would be death for the NHL

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Is the Oilers powerplay still over 50%?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol drai again

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I am perpetually stunned by the opposition PK's failure to keep track of McDavid and Draisaitl on an Oilers powerplay. Hyman and the Nuge do sweet gently caress all without those two you don't need to worry about them.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lessail posted:

this is going to be one of those games where vgk doesn't wake up until the second or third period :sigh:

It's got big 6-2 Oilers vibes right now

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

It's still funny just how much Draisaitl resents having to do anything at all on the backcheck.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Lol gently caress this

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Well gently caress this

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I'm sorry I just got here. 8-4?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man I just can't see any of these teams being able to do anything about Draisaitl or McDavid

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I’ve been on team Mitch Marner is a Headcase for a while now but his decisions with the puck right now are pretty shocking even to his usual standard

That's soon to be Selke runner up Mitch Marner to you

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Man god are Tavares and O'Reilly are slow as molasses these days. Millennial NHLers are done.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Watching Florida with the puck in the offensive zone actually move guys to the net and pressure defenders while the Leafs are playing their usual game of getting the puck in the corner and not even looking into the slot really reinforces to me that Sheldon Keefe hasn’t learned a drat thing

I think you'll find he's learned a thing or two about respect in those handshake lines over the years

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Put in injured Murray!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Also Matthews, Marner and Nylander have done poo poo all in this game

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Oof

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Every time I see Carter Verhaege I am reminded that the Leafs traded him and a bunch of junk for 80 games of Michael Grabner.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

I can’t imagine these leafs facing Carolina or NJ

And imagine any of those teams up against Edmonton. Oilers are gonna waltz to the cup from here.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

McCabe seems to suck a lot

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

clean ayers act posted:

every time i see leafs fans complaining about McCabe i wonder if ive traveled back in time and they're complaining about brian McCabe

Yeah it felt odd that the Leafs would put their faith in about gaffe prone defender named McCabe. Felt like tempting the fates.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

He’s a weird guy, he does good things on occasion and has good tools but his decision-making was spotty in the regular season and it’s gotten worse as the games go on. It’s his first playoffs and I wonder if the combo of not really being comfortable with Keefe’s system and the anticipation has gotten to him.

I still don't know why Dubas didn't move basically the exact package he traded for McCabe to be in on Chychrun.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Panthers are DIALLED IN on asses

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

My understanding is that the Coyotes were turning that level of compensation down consistently and then traded Chychrun for less once the market dried up, so Dubas saying “gently caress it” and trading for McCabe was one of the reasons Chychrun got traded for a similar deal, if that makes sense

Sure, he blinked. Dubas sure hasn't managed to come out on top of a single trade yet. The guy has bled draft picks and has nothing to show for it. Weird decision.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Someone please score. This doesn’t deserve OT.

It's got solid early 2000s tie vibes. Everyone goes home bored.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Loved Tkachuk attempting the between the legs lol

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

Should ROR be… benched?

He's a playoff hero! You have to spend first round picks because he was good for a few weeks four years ago.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Koopa Kid posted:

I can’t stress enough how lovely ROR has been since game 3 against Tampa. It’s simply crazy.

He's been old and lovely since pretty much the moment the Blues won the cup.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I love that there's one guys who's job it is is just to keep a camera trained on Dubas in situations like this.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

They should simultaneously detonate all the arenas where the fans can stand up and block the camera.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Like, I was around when they suspended / Uncle Todd for life for doing a similar thing.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

The Leafs have not won a playoff game after the first round since 2004

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Elephanthead posted:

How does this keep happening lol

Have you heard of the Maple Leafs before?

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

ZeeBoi posted:

Very tame Dubas cam

Man delivered on his promise. Round 2 baby!

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

This is the postseason Florida was supposed to have last year

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I like that they flew Joe Bowen down to Florida to watch that. Maybe they're trying to kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

eXXon posted:

lol if the Leafs bring back Dubas after this barring a miracle comeback.

Doesn't Dubas not have a contract after this? He's gone for sure.