Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

so man pucks going through the crease my god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good defense McCabe

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

FootballFreak2 posted:

Panthers Kraken cup

Nah, Kraken/Devils
battle of the cryptozoological monsters

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good soup! posted:

gently caress the Hurricanes and the Stars, everyone else is dece, even the Panthers despite being in Florida

I'd like them a lot better without the Staals and Bobrovsky

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

is he one of those "I'm just gonna roll my lines" coaches or is he pretending that 4th line is a "shut-down" line

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Schenn with a great screen too

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:lol:

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

pathfinding like a bethesda NPC

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

Watching the replay ROR had a chance to catch Verhaeghe but just completely ran out of gas and straight-legged it after the red line, my anxiety that he was gonna break and lose effectiveness is growing

O'Reilly's skating was never great to begin with as I recall so it's no surprise age is making that even more evident

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

how did Brandon Montour become an offensive dynamo this season anyhow
he had zero glimpses of that in his game

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

The Leafs have not looked good so far this playoffs. They better get their poo poo together soon.

There's only so far you can go with Luke Schenn playing 20 minutes a night

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Jen X posted:

he has skates as if the rink is made of grit

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Where do the leafs go from here I wonder...
I don't know that they have the wing depth to spread the lines out like they are... maybe just load up the top 2 and hope that pushes through?
There's not a lot they can defensively/goaltending-wise

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Carolina plays the most relentlessly boring style. It's just bad angle shots or point shots hoping for tips and then dump everything in and grind teams down.

I respect it but man it's the grindiest style of hockey.

Sufficiently speedy teams can beat grinders
Dan Byslma found that out ages ago, you just need to stretch pass and chase, they'll never beat you to the puck

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

yikes, Devils

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

eXXon posted:

Canes looking cool and good thanks to their vastly superior red jerseys.

I like how sparkly the silver accent is on them
I don't recall the old ones being quite so severe and it really helps them stand out as an accent line

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

Graves has been pretty bad all playoffs, what the gently caress was that pivot

Jarvis deked the soul out of his body

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Bring back Luke Hughes

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

also what the gently caress is Ray Ferraro talking about, it's not a judgement call lmao

Ferraro is a very bad announcer. I don't know why he's got the gig

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

T-Bone posted:

Luke Hughes for Graves will never happen but it should. Hopefully Meier is ready to go Friday.

Other than that, obviously need a better start, better goaltending, and Wes McCauley to be launched into the sun.

Yeah they were flat as gently caress
they need an infusion of youthful energy

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I somehow missed the knights switched to the gold as their primary, that actually is super cool

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

how'd you get a video of Wil Wheaton getting told he'd only be a cameo on the new season of Picard

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

both dmen behind the net "taking the body"
that's amateur play

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

The Dirty Burger posted:

It’s impressive how many shots a game Timo can fire off, too bad absolutely nothing happens from it

I have a hard time thinking of a comparable for him. He's clearly very talented but doesn't really drive play in a particularly flashy way that you think a 40 goal scorer would

Maybe it's just frequency bias but Jake Guentzel-ish, maybe? Maybe a bit bigger, a bit stronger

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Skjei has been weirdly good this series

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

:fork:
get your poo poo together Jersey

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

That's some MAF-rear end performance

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I have a hard time believing Seth Jarvis isn't 35

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I know it's a bit cliche but you can tell when a team "believes" and when a team doesn't and the devils don't look like a team that believes right now

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I sincerely did not know Martinook was still in the league, let alone that he was an effective player

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

well as a positive... the devils are a super young team and they beat the rangers
there's no reason to think they can't do as well or better for the next 3-5 years at least and as the rookies get some experience they may end up less shaken when things melt down

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Maybe he put down money on himself getting ejected tonight and he's really gonna work to make it happen

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

BWV posted:

to be fair the ref had already blew the whistle in their head they just didn't know it happened until 7 minutes after the goal.

intent to blow (it)

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Zamujasa posted:

bonus hockey :getin:

the most dangerous bonus hockey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

poor Matthews looks gutted