Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

LET'S GO KRAKEN :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

MATTY BENIERS :woop:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

I grew up in Milwaukee and went to my fair share of Admirals games, but never really was able to get into hockey as much as I was football and baseball. My football/baseball knowledge is probably equivalent to a lot of the really knowledgeable hockey posters here and I really don’t get why being a noob gets you vibe-checked in hockey. I don’t really see anything like that in any other sport I follow. :shrug:

Zurreco posted:

It's not so much that the prices are too crazy, it's that well off folks have been snatching up tickets early on because it is in vogue to attend. Then they don't attend the games and don't feel the need to put the tickets on the secondary market. As someone who has partial season tickets and has only been able to attend two playoff games, hearing folks from Amazon complaining that their work group bought 20 tickets just for 3 people to attend (and then leave in the 1st) has been pretty frustrating.

This is pretty bad though and I think it’s actually a thing. I got seats on the glass for a game this year and like 6 seats next to my SO and I were vacant until the 3rd period when a bunch of dudes who look like the most stereotypical trust fund kids showed up and started asking me basic questions about hockey and trying to start a “gently caress Joe Biden” chant. :fuckoff:

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Zurreco posted:

The first part just sounds like fresh out of undergrad tech transplants living within walking distance of Climate Pledge. I have no idea what the latter part is unless that is their attempt at being ironic.

One of them started asking me how much I paid for the seats and asked if I would believe him if he said he actually had the season tickets for the entire corner. It was loving weird. I’m more like a mid-career tech transplant and these guys didn’t seem like tech guys at all.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Shinjobi posted:

Also the old man is not back tonight but I think his soon to be ex wife is and while she's an absolute peach in comparison, the son keeps bringing poo poo up.

I am hereby making a pledge. So long as I live, I will never bring up family drama at a live sporting event. I make that promise with this forum as my witness. If I break this pledge send me a mean PM or something.

No matter how this series turns out, we’ll all be able to agree this was the 2nd best thread storyline.

Friend posted:

Where's that loving dog

Yeah let’s get some posts for the one in 1st place

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Eeli Tolvanen is good at shooting

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

Tweak posted:

AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

ggs Stars, looking forward to seeing the Kraken next season, Kartye seems like he’s not going back to the AHL if he can keep up what he did in the playoffs