Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
whatever happened to that army of the dead tv series

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Barry Foster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KHud3dStWMk

Cool little Michael Shannon career breakdown here

Spoiler alert - he loves Zack Snyder, respects him immensely, and totally got what he was doing with Man of Steel

He's also apparently in the new Flash movie, and you can really tell he doesn't give a poo poo about it and is just doing it for the money. He also went to ask for Zack's explicit permission before saying yes too, what a mensch

Shannon is a good dude

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Name Change posted:

Social Network came out in 2010 and Jesse Eisenberg playing unloved loser except edgier was not powerful visionary casting (Zombieland, American Ultra).

People thought Zuckerburg was actually normal and that the casting and performance of Jesse was not accurate at the time. Putting him as Lex showcased that Zack was ahead of the curve since people didn't really get it at the time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

Y’all deserved the stupid Barbie joke

Still got that chip on your shoulder huh

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

shoeberto posted:

Do you sincerely believe that?

I think the people who hate the movie, hate it because Superman kills someone at the end. Straight up.

And also that there aren't enough quips like an MCU movie from that era.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

It's hard to impress upon someone how seriously "zombies don't run" was taken at the time, lol. Totally absurd discourse.

One of the most annoying discourses of all time imo

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Aces High posted:

So was it Left 4 Dead that made running zombies a "cool and good thing, actually" or did other big media things do that?

28 Days Later and Dawn of the Dead popularized it. By the time Left 4 Dead and The Walking Dead started to come out, it was beginning to be more accepted in the discourse iirc

Didn't stop people from whining about it of course. Then we had the whole: there is too much zombie media discourse

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

posting their Ws

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

CelticPredator posted:

It’s just odd they suddenly care about ratings when tbh it doesn’t matter on Netflix. Stranger things is violent and scary and that’s the biggest show they got with a wide audience range.

Like I said I think the entire thing is bs and they’re trying to do the Snyder cut thing. It just doesn’t make sense to me otherwise

They don’t care about ratings when something bombs for them. But they have always touted high viewer ratings for movies they drop on Christmas weekend. It’s been a thing for a very long time for Netflix. And like other posters said: bright and knives out sequel did huge numbers on this weekend.

Checking Netflix today, I saw that it was the number 1 movie on there so seems like the strategy worked again.