Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
I still don't understand how people saw Avengers and all the destruction in that final battle and said "that's fine"

And then Man of Steel got so much hand wringing and pearl clutching about "invoking 9/11" imagery, I guess if Superman nodded to the metropolis PD saying "I got this guy, you guys save the civilians" before fighting Zod, maybe the reaction would've toned down. :jerkbag:

I gotta say rewatching MOS, BvS, and ZSJL, I love the cinematography, I love the grain and texture, it's world feels more real. I feel that's why when I watch a lot of superhero movies, if I'm bored by the story then I start noticing the flat lightning and framing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I think the funniest critique I see a lot of time of the watchmen movie is that Snyder made Rorschach too cool while just ignoring that all the scenes and dialogue with Rorschach came from the comic itself.

:lol:

And also the loving squid, people can't let that loving squid go

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I will say, I don't understand how there hasn't been way more backlash for Dollhouse when that show has one of the most terrible storylines for a character that I when read it, I said "no, this can't be real" and then I watched it and yep, it was real in all it's awfulness. Horrid.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I was worried the visual effects wouldn't be look nice, since Netflix has been skimping but drat it. I'm glad I was proven wrong.
It looks really nice. :unsmith:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Comrade Snyder
:hai:

My man :unsmith:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I'll probably watch the PG-13 version after the R version, just to see what changed.

I always laugh at people complaining about movie length when it's a movie that's debuting on a streaming platform and you can watching it in chunks if you want and at home.

And I know there's going to be articles on rebel moon being too long :jerkbag:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

I got recommended a video on YouTube about The Watchmen and one particular thing that just stuck in my brain.

They were talking about how the comic was flat angles and that the violence wasn't glamorized or cool like the movie version.

And all I kept thinking was "did people forget how movies work" because I don't get this critique about the movie and the stupid loving squid. :psyduck:

I read the god drat comics and I was fine with it being Dr.Manhattan, I mean why wouldn't the earth fear a super powered individual might reign hellfire on them and why wouldn't they band together against that instead of an unknown alien race or whatever. What is the hang up about the squid?

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

2house2fly posted:

What makes that critique not work for me is that the violence in the comic is cool as hell

I know. As a kid, I thought so too. Also there's literally a scene in the comic where Laurie and Dan literally walk into an alley looking to beat up people and literally the end panel of it is literally them hot and bothered like they had sex.

Like that's why I never got the "Snyder didn't get the comic" when the comic literally shows that all the superheroes are psychopaths in each way,including Dan and Laurie.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

The flamethrower gag is in the comic too. :lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

As is the song selection.

Oh yeah. And all along the watch tower, I'm looking at the panel with Ozymanidas with the lyrics on the side right now.. I gotta re-read and re-watch the movie and comic. It's been a while.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

shoeberto posted:

He wears tiny glasses in Blade Runner?

Yeah he puts them on before the fight happens.

https://youtu.be/ku-zAIRXk6o?si=kUqe2WIQs5vQQgoe

I was very disappointed in no tiny glasses in Dune part 1-2. :smith:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

No Luck Needed posted:

the joe rogan podcast is comedy gold, Zack Snyder says that batman and superman should kill and "put his stank" on those films. Wonder why they did so bad? Batman v Superman is an embarrassment. It seems like Snyder is best at adapting a script instead of writing one himself. Should just stick to directing movies instead of trying to write them too. I guess he just likes to double dip and make more money instead of good films

He didn't write the script for Batman V. Superman though.

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Also Batman killed in Batman Begins and no one ever really talks about that, I guess because he said "I'm not going to kill you but I'm not going to save you either" which is still killing a guy

So I laughed a lot in dark knight when he kept talking about his "one rule" as if Begins was a fuzzy memory :yayclod:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

This poo poo is way dumbed than not just killing the bad guys. As was Pattinson causing untold death and destruction in the Batmobile and the film just acting like nobody was hurt.

Honestly, I got pissed off when people praised the Batmobile chase in The Batman while ignoring the destruction on a highway but when Batman does the same thing on the docks in BvS, everyone lost their minds.

And it's not like I didn't like chase in The Batman, I did but it was still funny how the same people praise thT but tsk tsk the same thing in the other movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

I feel like it just further vindicates how if Man of Steel was the exact same movie but at the end before snapping Zod's neck there was a pause and he said "You're a real pain in the neck!" before doing it people would have universally loved it.

For the longest time, I don't know why but I had it in my brain that Man of steel came out BEFORE avengers but it was the opposite and now I understand why MOS made so many people react weird to the destruction.

There were actual characters in danger, the scene with Perry and Jenny still tears me up, and you see crowds reacting to the destruction.

But with Avengers, you got every building getting hosed up, hulk is loving poo poo up, and then there's the scene with captain America and that idiot cop "coordinating" rescue operations which was meant to be the "don't worry kids, everyone is going to be fine. Only boo-boos", laughable, and the ending with people saying the avengers were heroes with New York in rubble :lol:

Miching Mallecho fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 12, 2024