Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Snowman_McK posted:

He's helped move quite a few people from 'hey it's that guy' to 'oh, rad, *name* is in this movie.' Oscar Isaac, Patrick Wilson, Jackie Earle Hailey, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Gerard Butler, Michael Fassbender...probably some others I'm forgetting about.

She works well in his movies because he relies on her more as a physical actor, which she is good at. She's in a comparable bracket to Arnie: couldn't do a monologue, struggles with dialogue, but moves and stands very well on camera. Arnie obviously has much better comedic timing, but he also had to learn that.

arnie did the conan the barbarian. Battle of the mounds is an alltimer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
No, they are the people who got it was about fascism, but thought starship troopers had no relation to american empire. Now they are watching himars strikes with phonk music and thinking war is grand.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Miching Mallecho posted:

I still don't understand how people saw Avengers and all the destruction in that final battle and said "that's fine"

And then Man of Steel got so much hand wringing and pearl clutching about "invoking 9/11" imagery, I guess if Superman nodded to the metropolis PD saying "I got this guy, you guys save the civilians" before fighting Zod, maybe the reaction would've toned down. :jerkbag:

I gotta say rewatching MOS, BvS, and ZSJL, I love the cinematography, I love the grain and texture, it's world feels more real. I feel that's why when I watch a lot of superhero movies, if I'm bored by the story then I start noticing the flat lightning and framing.

its because the action was good and consequential.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Only Kindness posted:

By the time of the arrow-guy show it had been downgraded to a bit of property damage, maybe a few people got a headache from all the noise.

War Of The Worlds 2005 deliberately had plenty of 9/11 imagery, plus people being vaporised on-screen, plus literal blood rain. The uproar continues to this d-- oh wait.

well, epic film dorkus can't point to steven spielberg and say "spielberg doesn't get the point of War of the Worlds!" because they would rightfully be laughed at.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Grendels Dad posted:

The Avengers action? lol

no lol

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Blue Raider posted:

Gunn’s DC will just be the same kinda thing he’s been making for years. No more no less. Probably the same exact movie. Daddy issues, pop culture music, etc.

so its perfect for the people who want superman as their dad.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
the orcs were incredible.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
didn't they cut out most of the actual narrative part of the story so the theatrical felt like an insanely disjointed mess?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
yeah, ngl the theatrical cut defense feels like bending over backwards to say that the movie makes you FEEL like batman having a mental breakdown. WB just kept doing the sideshow bob rake thing.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Star wars fans want to feel how it was in 1977. Me personally? I want to see zack's offbrand 40k movie.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Space Fish posted:

Clark would've spared Faora.
"This is your ghost dad speaking. gently caress them kids, you can fix her."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Monica Bellucci posted:

This page seems nice.