Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I liked Barbie Movie and the Snyder joke was one of the few lines that really fell flat because it just felt instantly dated in a way none of the other jokes do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Unfortunately seems to track with how it sounds like it's pretty much white feminism: the movie.

It's a movie that bluntly says its own cartoon take on feminism only works in a cartoon world and that at best it can only cause incremental change once capital realizes it can make a little money off of it.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

That's basically her saying she didn't write the joke

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Chairman Capone posted:

I just want to say that even if the Ultimate Edition had been released theatrically, I don't think it would have changed things one bit. After Man of Steel, people's brains were broken about Snyder, and him then bringing a Frank Miller-inspired Batman into it was just fuel to the fire.

It goes back to Dawn of the Dead but yeah, going by a lot of reactions at the time it literally didn't matter what was in the film, minds were made up about it in advance.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

ghostwritingduck posted:

It’s hard to agree with this, based off of my own experience. I loved MoS and was so disappointed by theatrical cut of BvS. Excising half of the manipulations taking place broke the logical narrative for me. The whole sequence that sent Superman to being investigated hardly made any sense as shown as well.

That's a reasonable reaction though, I'm talking about people who were (and often still are) blood curdling furious about the movies. There's no version they were going to like.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I like the full title because it sounds like a kaiju film

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I loved my film classes and they introduced me to a ton of stuff I could have never seen otherwise

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Xealot posted:

But if some adjunct professor just spent years writing a dissertation on Polish art films 1945-1979, and comes at Into the Spider-Verse with whatever energy that required...who cares? Does it matter?

I mean I'm way more interested in whatever weird interpretations would come out of this than handing it to TV Tropes of all things

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Hallelujah bit is one of the funniest moments in a comic book movie, I love it

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

The Silent Hill thing feels like a bad writer attempting to copy the older games' surreal, dreamy mood without understanding how or why any of it worked

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Clark cooking in BvS was sexy as hell, I would have loved to see him doing laundry too

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Literally got called an objectivist for bringing up Rebel Moon today in the context of the weird way Netflix is handling its release, I love the internet

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

I keep saying it but give me a full Snyder directed musical

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

People have been mad ever since Snyder made zombies run fast, AND THEN all these years later he made Justice League and Zombie Superman runs even FASTER

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

BvS is the best possible American remake of Gamera 3: Revenge of Iris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

He made zombie go fast