Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Nroo was a good poster and it sucks they went away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Name Change posted:

28 Days Later was the one that got more heat for not being a "real" zombie movie, because it empowered some people to try to gatekeep genres at the time. Never mind examples like Return of the Living Dead, which has zombies that run, think, strategize, and, most terrifyingly, can't be killed by any method (at most becoming infectious dust when they are burned or exploded).

I think today the only real criticism I have of 28 Days later is that I'm glad the Filmed in Shittycam trend died out.

The only three movies that come to mind as having been filmed on “lovely” cameras on purpose are 28 Days Later (all time classic, beautiful looking), Inland Empire (incredible movie, also looks great) and Dog Soldiers (this may have been more of a budget thing but it looks pretty dang good and is a lot of fun). Can you give an example of a movie shot on these kinds of cameras with intent where it was a bad thing?

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Hyped for the one shot of dudes playing violin.

this looks like 12 movies lol

i hope the violin subplot gets 10 minutes at least

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Darko posted:

None of this will really date, either. Future generations will just see them as actors.

Mission Impossible Fallout or whatever has one of the best newsperson cameos ever.

The particular way musk features in those makes it clear he’s not an actor. Not least because he doesn’t do any acting

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Maybe he's just a stranger on the bus.

Lmao

MacheteZombie posted:

I just really appreciate the humor in getting the guy from Kumare to say the line, "Maybe he's not some sort of devil or Jesus character. Maybe he's just a guy trying to do the right thing."

Yeah as usual Snyder doing characterization by casting, even for characters who are barely in the movie

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

Can’t skip Black Moon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

ˇHola SEA!

PriorMarcus posted:

Good lord Andy Muschietti is a dogshit director. There's so many little moments in that where any chance to introduce some peril or weight to the action is just whiffed. This is who James Gunn is trusting with the new Batman film?!

Mama and the first It movie are great though. He’s capable but the circumstances around Flash were not conducive to making a good movie