Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer
What's the Internet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

You Are A Elf posted:

Remember a time when houses had a spare bedroom or den that was dubbed “the computer room” and the elaborate computer desk was the centerpiece of the room? And you felt like a white collar executive somebody while browsing the Internet in a big fancy room? poo poo was hella dope.

Now we’re all posting on our phones while pinching a loaf on the john and it just ain’t the same.

I've never understood what is wrong with everyone's rear end in a top hat that they have time to read on the shitter.

Like avoiding work at the office? Sure. If I'm at home though I've never been on the john more than like 5 minutes tops.

What is coming out of you people?
Why aren't your legs asleep?

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

jokes posted:

1) Bathrooms are very quiet
2) People don't ask questions about what you do in them
3) You can justifiably check out of doing things/being responsible for things, and if someone asks you what the gently caress you can generally get out of responsibility by simply saying "I was in the bathroom"

People don't literally poo poo for an hour or whatever.

The only scenario that tracks for me is in the office. Any other time I just don't do things I don't want to do because I'm an adult?

If you need to "poop" to hide from your spouse or kids or something... Goddamn.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Yeah the bathroom is literally the one place you can go and be left the gently caress alone for ten minutes

I'm genuinely curious what state your life is in that you are hiding in the bathroom.

"Hey, I'm going to another room. I'd like to be alone for a while."

I guess I'm operating under the assumption that we are all olds here. I guess if you are 19 and somehow still on here you might have like.. parents and roommates you need to avoid but that don't actually respect you as a person.

Cousin Todd
Jul 3, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Konar posted:

I'd like to think we're all old enough to admit that needing a few minutes away from SO/kids/family doesn't like mean there is massive systemic problems that require SEVERING and intense self examination

It doesn't sound like anyone is admitting anything, just lying to avoid admitting that.

I can just tell my family I want to be alone for a while, because I'm not ashamed of wanting alone time?

I'll just tell my spouse that I want to be alone and get away from whatever is going on and, she just supports me, on account of the love and respect?

Lying about your feelings literally every second of the day sounds exhausting tbh.