Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
arx fatalis... dark messiah... all the dishonored games... hell, prey was p cool too...

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i really fuckin hope they pull up, they used to make pretty kickass games

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

maybe it's because some of the Arkane big shots left the company a while back and made Weird West?

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

didn’t realize they were bought by Microsoft.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

bees x1000 posted:

maybe it's because some of the Arkane big shots left the company a while back and made Weird West?

weird west isnt very good either tho :/

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I only just found out this morning that Arkane co-developed the Wolfenstein co-op looter-shooter that absolutely not a single person on earth liked. It’s more over than we ever believed to be possible.

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
https://twitter.com/NormanJaydenWr/status/1653230131735851020

https://twitter.com/ecjaxson/status/1653247698198208512

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Fear not op.. It is merely Arkane Austin that is releasing an unfinished mismanaged game. Once the company is shuttered Father Spencer and Father Todd will be able to reallocate the team to other high profile Microsoft-Zemnimax-Bethesda projects projects like We Happy Few 2 and Sesnuasas sacrifice 2. Meanwhile Arkane Lyons can be directed to do a different guaranteed DOA hit, and shuttered by 2026 at the latest. A starfield tie-in early access card game that uses ai generatrd art and the blockchain perhaps? A win for gamers and for shareholders.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mysterious loyall X posted:

Fear not op.. It is merely Arkane Austin that is releasing an unfinished mismanaged game. Once the company is shuttered Father Spencer and Father Todd will be able to reallocate the team to other high profile Microsoft-Zemnimax-Bethesda projects projects like We Happy Few 2 and Sesnuasas sacrifice 2. Meanwhile Arkane Lyons can be directed to do a different guaranteed DOA hit, and shuttered by 2026 at the latest. A starfield tie-in early access card game that uses ai generatrd art and the blockchain perhaps? A win for gamers and for shareholders.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Apparently the guy who directed Redfall was also co-director on the Dishonored games and was lead designer on Deus Ex so who knows. Probably some fuckery from above

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'm like 70% convinced deathloop was bad bcause it got shoved out the door like eight months because of the bethesda acquisition sony exclusivity thing and because ps5 has no games. its real bad though

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I slept on Prey after getting it in a steam sale and only beat it last year and deeply regret not playing it the moment I got it, it loving rules

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Or maybe they’re finally realizing they’re a French developer and thus must develop terrible games and hire demented sexual perverts from the backwater villages of Alsace-Lorraine

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Or maybe they’re finally realizing they’re a French developer and thus must develop terrible games and hire demented sexual perverts from the backwater villages of Alsace-Lorraine

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

guy who only knows one french word and its for "rape": i'm really going to enjoy my term of employment at arkane lyons!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Fungah! posted:

guy who only knows one french word and its for "rape": i'm really going to enjoy my term of employment at arkane lyons!

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
when the huge ladle of slop hits the gamepass trough. mmh. its so good

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Fucker posted:

weird west isnt very good either tho :/
sounds like a guns n roses/velvet revolver situation. hopefully they can get back together one day to rock again like axl and slash did

Frenz
Jan 14, 2009

Does this game even have hackable turrets or a parry system?

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Whatever nerd, the only 'verticality' I care about is leaping up from my chair and saying pog slightly loudly at my monitor.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah! posted:

lol

French Accent
Feb 3, 2012

Fungah! posted:

same guy, three days later, having learned the french word for "late": "french language is awesome lol"

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

Punished Chuck posted:

I only just found out this morning that Arkane co-developed the Wolfenstein co-op looter-shooter that absolutely not a single person on earth liked. It’s more over than we ever believed to be possible.

I know one grey forums poster that loves it and they suck rear end

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Roth posted:

Please be the tiny nub arcade stick guy.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Wormskull posted:

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fungah! posted:

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Is Deathloop bad? Ive been meaning to check it out.

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
It's good

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Michael Transactions posted:

its p boring imo. the timeloop thing is just tedious, no saving or loading and it has bad hitman elements and also its just reusing the same 4 levels with some changes if their at day or night. id rather just play the dishonored games again w/o all the bullshit.

copy
Jul 26, 2007

Wormskull posted:

Nutmeg
Feb 8, 2004

Michael Transactions posted:

I bought it on release and still feel like an idiot doing so. I felt it was high chaos dishonored with a time gimmick and a horrific ending. was hoping the time loop would give some variety on how to solve the game but there's just one way to do it. maybe that's too much of an ask but if it's available for 5 or 10 bucks then yeah I'd say it's worth a shot

Odddzy
Oct 10, 2007
Once shot a man in Reno.
I agree the ending wasn't all that great, but it's one of the rare games I played that brought me to the ending. I liked the variations and running around stealthily before your character becomes upgraded appropriately. The buildup to the ending was pretty fun too. All in all, for 20$-30$ it's a good game imo

tmfc
Sep 28, 2006

i played deathloop for about an hour on gamepass and it just made me want to play dishonored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Fungah! posted:

i'm like 70% convinced deathloop was bad bcause it got shoved out the door like eight months because of the bethesda acquisition sony exclusivity thing and because ps5 has no games. its real bad though
iirc arkane lyon made their game about a time loop while refusing to even look at arkane austin's game about a time loop (prey mooncrash) so i think they might have just been real dumb

Roth posted:

Wormskull posted:

i think i know who you're talking about and i think they just have a judgement-clouding fetish for short-haired women and/or badly designed elemental damage systems