Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Only Dishonored 1 and Prey were any good, and both of those ran like dogshit on console for like 3 years.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

American McGay posted:

Only Dishonored 1 and Prey were any good, and both of those ran like dogshit on console for like 3 years.

Prey isn't even good.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Dishonored 2 kicks rear end too. I think I might like it better than 1 but it's been a while since I revisited either.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I thought the Batman games were insulting but I’m not a Batman fan. But yea Dishonoured is pretty Deece and Prey is halfway refreshing.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck posted:

Dishonored 2 kicks rear end too. I think I might like it better than 1 but it's been a while since I revisited either.

I finally beat Dishonored 2 recently and it does kick rear end.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

prey seemed okay but the combat feels awful which tbh is the case for 95% of first person shooting them games now of days. 3 out of 5.

dishonored kept getting billed as a thief like but its not like thief at all because its way, way more interesting just going killing everything. "die bitch there now i've ended your pain." -- demonious x. 3.5 out of 5. dishonored 2 i think i got for 7 dollars on gog last year and boy howdy believe me i aint playing it for another 5 years if ever. 5/5

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

prey seemed okay but the combat feels awful which tbh is the case for 95% of first person shooting them games now of days. 3 out of 5.

dishonored kept getting billed as a thief like but its not like thief at all because its way, way more interesting just going killing everything. "die bitch there now i've ended your pain." -- demonious x. 3.5 out of 5. dishonored 2 i think i got for 7 dollars on gog last year and boy howdy believe me i aint playing it for another 5 years if ever. 5/5

You should play it Lyle.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

oh shid i forgot arkane (lyons) was responsible for the best 2000s era fps dark messiah of might and magic. thank you the french. j'suis eat le freedom fries.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

oh shid i forgot arkane (lyons) was responsible for the best 2000s era fps dark messiah of might and magic. thank you the french. j'suis eat le freedom fries.

Thank you.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Fear not op.. It is merely Arkane Austin that is releasing an unfinished mismanaged game. Once the company is shuttered Father Spencer and Father Todd will be able to reallocate the team to other high profile Microsoft-Zemnimax-Bethesda projects projects like We Happy Few 2 and Sesnuasas sacrifice 2. Meanwhile Arkane Lyons can be directed to do a different guaranteed DOA hit, and shuttered by 2026 at the latest. A starfield tie-in early access card game that uses ai generatrd art and the blockchain perhaps? A win for gamers and for shareholders.

Lmao

----------------

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
I haven’t played any of their games, and I never will. Get dicked down good.

----------------

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

Punished Chuck posted:

death of the outsider is p good too, tho too short

r.i.p.

thanks for the epic sig el spider

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

American McGay posted:

I wouldn’t steer ppl away from D2 but I would say it lacks the focus and vision that elevated the first one above most stealth games. I think the fact that you can beat the game without powers is an indicator of milquetoast game design in the immersive sim space. Also yes their games run like rear end but art design is usually top notch.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Super bleak whaling era england made Dishonored 1 feel a lot more coherent. Dishonored 2 started in immediately with a evil witch turning people to stone then shipped you off to sunny Cuba, so it felt a lot goofier that it tried to be just as grim and dreary, even if the level design was a lot more interesting.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I really like both Dishonoured's tbh. I've played 2 a few times and never got very far in a pacifist stealth run because going nuts and killing everyone is just too much fun lol.

Prey is even better. Shooting's lame yeah but I barely touch the guns when I have all these stupid alien powers to mess around with. And I'm a sucker for sci-fi Art Deco type visual design

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

This new vampire game looks like pure poo poo and Deathloop was eh however. Another good studio fallen from grace

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Good studio? Where? Where is it? Was the good studio you were talking about mentioned in this thread?? lol.

----------------

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Hizke posted:

Good studio? Where? Where is it? Was the good studio you were talking about mentioned in this thread?? lol.

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Plebian Parasite posted:

Super bleak whaling era england made Dishonored 1 feel a lot more coherent. Dishonored 2 started in immediately with a evil witch turning people to stone then shipped you off to sunny Cuba, so it felt a lot goofier that it tried to be just as grim and dreary, even if the level design was a lot more interesting.

Yea the Moby Dick stuff is a big reason I cared about the first one lol. Whaling era ftw.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Fear not op.. It is merely Arkane Austin that is releasing an unfinished mismanaged game. Once the company is shuttered Father Spencer and Father Todd will be able to reallocate the team to other high profile Microsoft-Zemnimax-Bethesda projects projects like We Happy Few 2 and Sesnuasas sacrifice 2. Meanwhile Arkane Lyons can be directed to do a different guaranteed DOA hit, and shuttered by 2026 at the latest. A starfield tie-in early access card game that uses ai generatrd art and the blockchain perhaps? A win for gamers and for shareholders.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Or maybe they’re finally realizing they’re a French developer and thus must develop terrible games and hire demented sexual perverts from the backwater villages of Alsace-Lorraine

Fungah! posted:

guy who only knows one french word and its for "rape": i'm really going to enjoy my term of employment at arkane lyons!

Hizke posted:

I haven’t played any of their games, and I never will. Get dicked down good.

Hizke posted:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
dark messiah dishonored 1 and prey rule and i will never finish arx fatalis

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

arx fartalis.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

Sleng Teng posted:

arx fartalis.

Now that’s just rude. Apologize to arf.

----------------

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Hizke posted:

anyway. good news on this front. itagaki's new [?] studio soleil is behind last years smash hit valkyrie elysium AND this years smash hit wanted: dead. deranged lurkers hmu with steam and/or other pc storefront codes for one or both asap.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

anyway. good news on this front. itagaki's new [?] studio soleil is behind last years smash hit valkyrie elysium AND this years smash hit wanted: dead. deranged lurkers hmu with steam and/or other pc storefront codes for one or both asap.

the amount of people ive seen be hyped for or even discuss wanted: dead on the entire internet is a singular dutch man

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Hizke posted:

Now that’s just rude. Apologize to arf.

this. NOW

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

ArfJason posted:

the amount of people ive seen be hyped for or even discuss wanted: dead on the entire internet is a singular dutch man

lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

there will be me as well givinmg it a a glowing full 2 sentence review once one of the tshirt buying superfreaks sends me, dinosaurjerk, a steam code and i am able to play the spiritual successor to both Devil's Third the ultimate wiiu hidden gem AND Astral Chain the last good ("good") game platinum will ever make, and i am able to play it to completion.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
wait is it really itagaki again

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

ArfJason posted:

wait is it really itagaki again

the press info for soleil says "former ninja gaiden and dead or alive developers" so signs point to yes. jump in gamers.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

ArfJason posted:

there will be me as well givinmg it a a glowing full 2 sentence review once one of the tshirt buying superfreaks sends me, dinosaurjerk, a steam code and i am able to play the spiritual successor to both Devil's Third the ultimate wiiu hidden gem AND Astral Chain the last good ("good") game platinum will ever make, and i am able to play it to completion.

Lmfao

----------------

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
drat, this disappointment was nearly as unexpected as crime boss rocky city being bad. thankfully suicide squad is still on the horizon to turn things around for fans of shooting while being annoyed

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

Prey isn't even good.

this

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Agnostalgia posted:

drat, this disappointment was nearly as unexpected as crime boss rocky city being bad. thankfully suicide squad is still on the horizon to turn things around for fans of shooting while being annoyed

Yea.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Punished Chuck posted:

I really liked Dishonored 2, as well. I prefer the original overall (especially if you factor in the Daud DLCs), but yeah it was still pretty solid.

Haven't played Prey yet, but I've always meant to. I think I bought it for like, $3 a year or so ago. Definitely some mixed opinions about it, in here! I've generally heard good things though, prior to reading this thread

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Prey's a lot of fun, it has some issues (like all the enemies being variations of 'black blob') but its still probably better than whatever you would otherwise play next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i just found the whole experience of playing prey tedious and it gets worse with nightmares. i had enough when a sub-mission i cleanly beat bugged out and failed me and then they spawned another nightmare 2 seconds later just to rub salt in the wound