Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

id rather play prey (2006)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i just found the whole experience of playing prey tedious and it gets worse with nightmares. i had enough when a sub-mission i cleanly beat bugged out and failed me and then they spawned another nightmare 2 seconds later just to rub salt in the wound

noob opinion can be easily disregarded. bye

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

once you get a bunch of alien powers, you can gently caress the nightmares up though

Become the nightmare's nightmare

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

prey 2006 was cool

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Good soup! posted:

once you get a bunch of alien powers, you can gently caress the nightmares up though

How fun/feasible is it, for you to play as a regular joe human who sneaks around? (And ambushes enemies, I guess)

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Good soup! posted:

id rather just not play the game, its boring

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

How fun/feasible is it, for you to play as a regular joe human who sneaks around? (And ambushes enemies, I guess)

Good question - I'd imagine it's feasible as there are a bunch of human powers/abilities to upgrade that give you a nice level of flexibility in how you play. The Typhon powers kick rear end though and I feel like you'd be missing out if you avoided them altogether, though

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

It’ll be tough since the alien powers are really useful, but it’s doable. In fact I’m pretty sure there’s an achievement for it. I haven’t done it myself though so I can’t speak to how fun it is.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i did no powers first run nd it was a bit samey but still fun. wanna do a full powers run sometime to see what I was missing

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I think using them/not using them affects the ending you get, too

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Good soup! posted:

I think using them/not using them affects the ending you get, too

It does. I took a couple alien powers in my playthrough but went mostly human

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

yeah they called out tht I never used powers, seems like there's a lot of reactivity in the ending

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Major Isoor posted:

the human only run is actually pretty easy, the human upgrades cover most of the passives and the really strong max payne bullet time ability. the alien powers-only run is really hard in comparison.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

id rather just not play the game, its boring

getting my head smashed in by the nightmare and calmly putting the controller down. this is boring, and im tired. just really boredof playing this tbh. and im really sleepy all of a sudden too.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Thank you.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The ending of Prey sucked my hole. The gameplan was fun.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Prey owns, the recycler grenade is one of my favorite video game weapons of all time. Heavy object that requires level 2 leverage to move blocking your way? Turn that poo poo into a bunch of tiny cubes.

Mooncrash is fun too. It bummed me out that Deathloop was more of a puzzle game with just one right solution, because evacuating everyone in one run felt way more satisfying to pull off.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Creating paths with the gloo cannon was cool as hell and I wish more games had that sort of thing

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
prey owned

Thank you Ohtori Akio for the incredible sig!! 😍

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Fear not op.. It is merely Arkane Austin that is releasing an unfinished mismanaged game. Once the company is shuttered Father Spencer and Father Todd will be able to reallocate the team to other high profile Microsoft-Zemnimax-Bethesda projects projects like We Happy Few 2 and Sesnuasas sacrifice 2. Meanwhile Arkane Lyons can be directed to do a different guaranteed DOA hit, and shuttered by 2026 at the latest. A starfield tie-in early access card game that uses ai generatrd art and the blockchain perhaps? A win for gamers and for shareholders.

Lol

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

The radio broadcasts with Art Bell is sick

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

prey 2006 was cool

This.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Stux posted:

getting my head smashed in by the nightmare and calmly putting the controller down. this is boring, and im tired. just really boredof playing this tbh. and im really sleepy all of a sudden too.

i didnt die at all in the game actually, maybe that added to the lack of tension. the nightmare was insanely easy to avoid but just slowed all progress down to a crawl. sounds like this game only appeals to noobs tbh

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

ArfJason posted:

wait is it really itagaki again
i think it's his former devil's third team without him and with an oligarch giving them money to add whatever ideas he wants

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Lady Radia posted:

prey owned

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I played Dishonoured like 6 times and dropped 2 part way in. Feel like there games just feel so clunky and maybe I just didn't realise during DH1. It also just felt like they had much bigger problems in 2 with enemies seeing you 100m away through three fences because those don't count as hiding. They also removed a lot of the verticality from 1 (I assume because that let you do stealth too easily) but it ended up making things a quick load extravaganza if you wanted to do stealth imo. Prey is good but the opening sucks rear end

Thanks Pablo and Sub-Actuality for the great sigs!

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
The Prey opening is cool, actually. Morgan's apartment and exploring that area was a good start to the game.

The enemies just being formless blobs is the worst part.

Is We Happy Few worth playing?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Fargield posted:

The radio broadcasts with Art Bell is sick

Coolest part of Prey (2006), a game that is absolutely nothing like Prey (2017)

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013

SpaceAceJase posted:

Is We Happy Few worth playing?

thanks for the epic sig el spider

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

lol

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Read em and weep *putting cards on table* Full Blown Aids

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

Well, that settles that!

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

HolePisser1982 posted:

Full Blown Aids

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

copy
Jul 26, 2007

HolePisser1982 posted:

lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

HolePisser1982 posted:

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

HolePisser1982 posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Major Isoor posted:

Well, that settles that!

lol