Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

a neat cape posted:

the two best teams in the NFL are in the AFC South what is this

They finally brought us all down to their level.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

More than a week has passed it's time

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:siren: Wild Card Weekend :siren:

I'm not gonna do writeups for all the games for WC weekend. That's too many games. Detailed write ups start with the divisional round.

Bills 26, Bengals 23 F/OT
Patriots 30, Ravens 25
Chargers 26, Titans 23 F/OT

Eagles 38, Seahawks 22
Saints 28, Falcons 6
Cowboys 34, Lions 27

Next week:

(6)New England at (1)Jacksonville
(4)Los Angeles at (2)Buffalo

(5)Dallas at (1)San Francisco
(3)New Orleans at (2)Philadelphia

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

gently caress the Cowboys

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
làaaaaaaaaaaaaame

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
For fucks sake, we had to beat the Lions again? That's hosed up

Edit: the 49ers AGAIN?!?!?!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

3 DONG HORSE posted:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

looking forward to the games

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I sensed this post and was summoned.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Finally Justice for Damar

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Just stop the redux, it's not fun anymore :(

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Such a good sim.

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

I thought you were trying to rig the Lions-Chargers Super Bowl and it was just taking a while :mad:

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I want to get off of a neat cape's wild ride

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify
Sad about the lions but at least it sets up the cowboys to lose in a comical fashion against the 49ers

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

:siren: Divisional Weekend Game 1 :siren:

New England Patriots at Jacksonville Jaguars

Our first divisional playoff game sees the runner up in the AFC East, the 6th seeded New England Patriots travel to Jacksonville to face the top seeded Jaguars. The Jaguars win the coin toss and defer, and prepare to kick off.

The Patriots opening drive starts after a return to their own 31 yard line, and a couple of early misfires lead to a long 3rd down catch up to midfield, before the drive stalls and brings out the Patriots punter to send the ball to the potent Jaguars offense. The Jaguars waste no time, their first play from scrimmage from their own 20 yard line being a 62 yard carry for Travis Etienne down to the Patriots 18. After two runs up the middle for no gain, Trevor Lawrence completes a 14 yard pass down to the Patriots 6 for a first and goal. A sack on the next play and then two runs for losses however forces the Jaguars to attempt a field goal, which sails through from 25 yards out, giving the Jags a 3-0 lead. The Patriots offense just can't get much going on their next drive, again getting to midfield before their drive stalls, and punt the ball back to Jacksonville, who get their drive going just as time expires in the first quarter: Jacksonville 3, New England 0

The second quarter opens with the Jaguars flipping the field, their offense stalling at midfield and punting the ball back to the Patriots. A quick 3 and out gives the ball right back to Jacksonville with excellent field position, starting at their own 43. The Jags manage to sustain a drive all the way down to the Patriots 14, before Lawrence hits Kirk in the endzone for the game's first touchdown. A good PAT extends the Jaguars lead to 10 with just 6 minutes left in the half. Whatever Belichick said on the sideline to the Patriots offense must have worked, because for the first time this afternoon, we see Mac Jones commanding a drive. He methodically leads the Patriots down the field , capping off the five minute drive with a Strong Jr. draw up the middle, scoring a touchdown for the visitors, and cutting the lead to 3. With just under 90 seconds left, the Jaguars go into their 2 minute drive mode, getting all the way down to the Patriots 37 yard line with 42 seconds left, but bizarrely decide to punt on 4th down instead of trying the long field goal. New England would start from their own 14 and immediately make the Jaguars pay for their cowardice as Strong Jr takes the ball up the middle, breaking through the line and going 86 yards for the score with just 16 seconds left in the half. The extra point sailing wide gives New England their first lead of the day by three points. With such little time remaining, a few incomplete passes from the Jaguars would see time expire in the half. New England 14, Jacksonville 10

The Jaguars received the ball to start the second half, and immediately set out to establish their offense and grind down the clock. They'd spend the next 8 minutes grinding the ball down to the 6 yard line, but the offense would finally be stalled, forcing the Jaguars to settle for a field goal attempt, which sailed true to tie the game up at 13 with half of the third quarter gone. The Patriots however, show no signs of slowing down. Their offense methodically marches down the field, before Mac Jones throws a ten yard strike to Jakobi Meyers in the endzone, putting the Patriots back on top by seven with a minute to go in the third quarter. After the kickoff, the Jaguars run two plays and wind up in a 3rd and 1 as time expires in the third quarter. New England 20, Jacksonville 13

The Fourth quarter begins with an encroachment penalty that gives the Jaguars a first down, and they would take advantage, Robinson breaking off a 42 yard run soon after to get into the red zone. A few plays later, Lawrence would find Jones in the endzone for the tying score, knotting the score back up at 20. With 12 minutes to go, New England on the back of a 30 yard draw from Harris, would find their way down to the Jaguars 16 yard line before their offense would stall, leading to a field goal that the Patriots would convert, taking the lead by 3 with 9:18 to go. On their following crucial drive, the Jaguars would run two draw plays for minimal yardage, before an incomplete pass leads to a three and out at the worst possible time, punting the ball back to the Patriots with 7:43 left. The Patriots, now in clock kill mode, keep the ball on the ground, converting three first downs and draining more than five minutes off the clock before they're forced to punt at midfield, giving the ball back to Trevor Lawrence with 2:37 left. A three yard gain from Etienne up to the Jaguars 11 would take us to the two minute warning. The Jaguars have all three timeouts, and need a field goal to tie. A costly sack on 2nd down would force the Jaguars to call their first timeout, now facing a 3rd and 13 from their own 8. A brilliant 22 yard pass would save the Jaguars drive, before a questionable run up the middle with 1:30 left forces the Jags to quickly get back to the line. Another two yard carry from Etienne would fortunately get out of bounds with 1:08 left, and leaving the Jaguars with a 3rd and 3 at their own 37. An incomplete pass over the middle brings up 4th down, and a long pass down the sideline falls incomplete, turning the ball over on downs with 1:04 left on the clock. The Patriots would run two plays on the ground, forcing the Jaguars to call both of their remaining timeouts, then run a third play to take the clock down to 11 seconds. A field goal attempt sails through, extending the Patriots lead. With only one play left, the Lawrence would drop back, looking to throw a hail mary, but would be sacked before the ball could be thrown, ending the season of the AFC's top seed. New England 26, Jacksonville 20

Winner: New England

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Guess I should finish this before the season starts huh

Rest of the divisional round:

Dallas Cowboys at San Francisco 49ers

In our second divisonal matchup, in a rivalry left over from the 1990s, the Dallas Cowboys make the trek out to Santa Clara with a trip to the NFC Championship on the line. Dallas wins the toss and defers, and San Francisco elects to receive the ball. After a good return up to the San Francisco 37, the 49ers offense wastes no time getting into rhythm, hitting McCloud and Kittle with sizable chunk plays downfield, setting up a CMC touchdown run from 7 yards out to put the 49ers up 7 early in the game. After an equally good kick return from the Cowboys, their offense looks to be firing on all cylinders as well, with Dak spreading the ball around and marching down into SF territory, but their offense would stall inside the 10 yard line, forcing Dallas to settle for a short field goal, cutting the lead to 7-3 San Francisco. After letting both offenses march at will, it's the defenses turn now, both sides forcing punts on each of their next two possessions, leaving the ball in San Francisco's hands as the quarter expires at their own 42, with San Francisco leading 7-3

After enduring a sack to open up the quarter, the San Francisco ground game and short passing game takes over, marching slowly down field before CMC snags a Jimmy G pass out of the air in the endzone from five yards out, chewing almost 7 minutes off the clock and putting San Francisco up by 11. The teams would trade three and outs on their next two possessions, before Dallas' offense managed to break into SF territory, but would be stopped once again on the SF 30 yard line, setting up a long field goal attempt, which Maher bangs right down the middle, doubling Dallas' score. However, on the first play of SF's next possession, Wilson Jr would take the ball off tackle for a 75 yard run down to the Dallas 7. A Jimmy G pass to Deebo would come down in the endzone for his second touchdown strike of the day, extending the lead to 21-6 with under a minute and a half left in the 2nd quarter. Dallas, desperate now, and set in their two minute offense would manage to get the ball to midfield, before an errant pass was picked off by George Odum and returned to the SF 31. SF would drive down to the Dallas 34 before their own offense stalled out, but would convert the 51 yard field goal, going into halftime with San Francisco leading 24-6

With Dallas receiving the ball at the half, both defenses would strengthen their resolve, the two teams trading back to back three and outs. Dallas on their second possession and in desperate need of points, on the back of a 64 yard Schultz reception, would move the ball down to the SF 10 yard line before once again having to settle for a short field goal, cutting the score to 24-9. San Francisco, content to play the clock game now, kept the ball on the ground, but the Dallas defense would force a fumble and recover on the SF 46. But as has been the story of the day, the SF defense would show up and force Dallas into another field goal attempt, which they would convert, the score now sitting at 24-12. SF would take their next possession, once again keeping the ball on the ground and grind out the rest of the third quarter, with San Francisco leading 24-12

The fourth quarter would open with a SF punt, and quickly a return punt from the Cowboys. Then another SF punt before Dallas' offense could put together another drive, moving down inside SF territory before Dak would throw another costly interception, giving the ball back to the 49ers on their own 17 with under 5 minutes to go. SF would wisely keep the ball on the ground, picking up two first downs and forcing Dallas to spend their timeouts before punting the ball back to the Cowboys with two minutes remaining and Dallas down 12. Like the rest of the day, SF's defense would answer the call, forcing a turnover on downs after Dallas' last gasp, giving the ball back to Jimmy G so he can kneel out the clock, with San Francisco winning with a score of 24-12

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just kill me in the simulation too

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

In a heroic last stand, Shinjobi battled fiercely, but ultimately succumbed to the relentless onslaught of his adversaries. His virtual life came to a tragic end, marking the end of an era within the simulation. The news of Shinjobi's demise reverberated through the sim community, leaving a void that could never be filled. Even in death, Shinjobi's legacy lived on as a testament to his incredible skills and unwavering determination to stay alive. His story served as an inspiration to countless forum-goers, motivating them to strive for greatness and survival in the unforgiving virtual world of the simulation.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Thanks Cav

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
More porridge please sir

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!

Guess this was a huge flop, not even finished before the actual season. Huge whiff by Ross. Rare miss

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
He is still trying to figure out how to get the chargers to win it All. Let the man Cook

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Did Jameis win the super bowl is all I want to know

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Super Bowl was San Diego over St. Louis.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

fartknocker posted:

The Super Bowl was San Diego over St. Louis.

How far did Oakland go?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Nervous posted:

How far did Oakland go?

5-11 but they split with San Diego