Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

A WASTE OF A KEY SHIFT CAN AND DOES AS GOOD A JOB. WHO THE gently caress IS DEMANDING THESE CAPS LOCK KEYS EXISTS ON THE KEYBOARD? IS IT YOU? WELL gently caress YOU THEN! LIKE YOU HAVE ALL THESE DUMB poo poo KEYBOARD NERDS BEING LIKE OHHHHHH I WANT A 60% NOOO I WANT A 40% AND IT'S LIKE HEY DUMB FUCKLES GET RID OF CAPS LOCK AND MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE. OH AND MAYBE STOP PRETENDING YOU'RE NOT A loving MORON WITH MONEY WHEN YOU SPEND 200+ ON KEYBOARDS. OHHH BUT THIS ONE HAS A BRASS WEIGHT AND A POLYCARBONATE PLATE. OH MY PINKY IS GETTING TIRED MAYBE CAPS LOCK IS GOOD AFTER ALL? I SUPPOSE IT'S A POSSIBILITY BUT I SORT OF DOUBT IT. ALSO WHERE THE gently caress ARE MY KEYCAPS LIKE I ORDERED THEM YEARS A GO FOR FUCKS SAKE! ALSO 75% IS THE BEST YOU WANT FUNCTION KEYS AND ARROW KEYS THEY ARE NICE TO HAVE 60% IS KIND OF BAD AND TENKEYLESS IS TOO BIG. EXPENSIVE KEYBOARDS ARE REALLY JEWELERY FOR NERDS THOUGH. SOME PEOPLE DON'T LIKE RGBS AND THEY SUCK AND ARE BAD.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 08:29 on May 8, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

gently caress you op.

TrashMammal
Nov 10, 2022

OP I hate to break it to you but if you keep shifting like that you’re gonna have real bad arthritis

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
tHANKS.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
OP edited the OP, and you know it's because they uncapped some letters lol

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
My capslock key is rebound to ctrl

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
I don't always always run, but when I do it's with caps lock

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

OP I’m glad capslock exists. It’s like having a turbo button, but it’s integrated into every keyboard in existence, and we don’t even need to have it.

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

capslock key has always been good to me personally, but the INS key can go gently caress itself

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Alt and Alt Gr should fight and the loser get off the board and take that dickweed right ctrl with them

Good Sphere
Jun 16, 2018

Far, far more offensive: The num lock key.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I type with two index fingers op

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
You can tell if someone's a smooth brained boomer just by watching them type in their password.

Caps Lock key is on.

'Oh boy here we go."

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I type with two index fingers op

Never Learned To Type Properly Crew :cheers:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Smugworth posted:

Never Learned To Type Properly Crew :cheers:

There aren’t any crews op

hit me up in the discord

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Craps lock

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
LAPS COCK

Treecko
Apr 23, 2008

The Official Demon Girl
Boss of 2022!
having to manually turn it off to prevent auto correct PISSES ME OFF

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

well, well, well. looks like another duck and cover pots.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

kntfkr posted:

LAPS COCK

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Buce posted:

well, well, well. looks like another duck and cover pots.

best poster on the forums imho

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
a waste of a key shift can and does as good a job. who the gently caress is demanding these caps lock keys exists on the keyboard? is it you? well gently caress you then! like you have all these dumb poo poo keyboard nerds being like ohhhhhh i want a 60% nooo i want a 40% and it's like hey dumb fuckles get rid of caps lock and make the world a better place. oh and maybe stop pretending you're not a loving moron with money when you spend 200+ on keyboards. ohhh but this one has a brass weight and a polycarbonate plate. oh my pinky is getting tired maybe caps lock is good after all? i suppose it's a possibility but i sort of doubt it. also where the gently caress are my keycaps like i ordered them years a go for fucks sake! also 75% is the best you want function keys and arrow keys they are nice to have 60% is kind of bad and tenkeyless is too big. expensive keyboards are really jewelery for nerds though. some people don't like rgbs and they suck and are bad.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

i refuse to fornicate with the keyboard key, op

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
it is a hosed up key

without caps lock, you could build a way simpler keyboard

it's the one key that has an indicator light, meaning it alone increases the hardware complexity of the keyboard

instead of a one way street of communication, which is all a keyboard should be, caps lock defines a need for a level of communication back to the keyboard from the machine

all that extra communication and work for the dumbest piece of functionality

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I tried it OP but now my sticky keys error is popping up. gently caress.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

fart

Fart

FArt

FARt

FART

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

I love when laptops have letter keys doubling as the numpad so when users accidentally hit numlock they get mad bc they can't understand why letters are now numbers

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Might as well ditch the bogus letters C and X too

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
every morning i wake up and open palm slam a vhs into the slot. its chronicles of riddick and right then and there i start doing the moves alongside with the main character, riddick. i do every move and i do every move hard. makin whooshing sounds when i slam down some necro bastards or even when i mess up technique. not many can say they escaped the galaxys most dangerous prison. i can. i say it and i say it outloud everyday to people in my college class and all they do is prove people in college class can still be immature jekrs. and ive learned how to make myself and my apartment less lonely by shouting em all. 2 hours including wind down every mornING

I dunno man, it loses some of the magic

incoherent light
Aug 15, 2014
did you have to let go of your precious shift key to type those full stops

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Konar posted:

it is a hosed up key

without caps lock, you could build a way simpler keyboard

it's the one key that has an indicator light, meaning it alone increases the hardware complexity of the keyboard

instead of a one way street of communication, which is all a keyboard should be, caps lock defines a need for a level of communication back to the keyboard from the machine

all that extra communication and work for the dumbest piece of functionality

All 3 of the lock keys typically have indicator lights

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

THE CAPS LOCK KEY IS THE MOST FUCKABLE KEY OFTEN TIMES GIVING YOU THE GREEN LIGHT.

Hatedad
Dec 2, 2020
OkAy, ThEn WhAt

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate posted:

All 3 of the lock keys typically have indicator lights

caps lock is the only one that seems to get a light anymore though on a lot of keyboards

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

DOUBLE TAP SHIFT IS NOT AS SATISFYING

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Check out my caps key :hehe:

cumpantry
Dec 18, 2020

worst thread yet

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

cumpantry posted:

worst thread yet

WHAT ABOUT MY LIVERWURST THREAD?

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

The caps lock key dates back to the early 20th century, when people used to shout more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.

Devils Affricate posted:

My capslock key is rebound to ctrl

same but esc. vim clutch gang represent