Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

Alright then you lazy cunts I'll do it

Big Sam is back

Wank Shampard too

Klopp's hamstring went snap

David De Gea is poo

Proper business end of the season and a May stuffed with footy thanks to the World Cup eating up some time in the winter. The title is Man City's to lose (they won't), there's a tasty fight for the bulk of the European positions and two of Leicester, Leeds, Forest and Everton will join Southampton in the Championship next year. Post about it here.

Butterfly Valley fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 13, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Can a friendly modmin please change the tag I forgot to do it thanks

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
May the fourth be with Chelsea this month! Haha no but seriously Frank Lampard is a poo poo manager

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Don't think we need to play any more matches this season tbh

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

the sex ghost posted:

Don't think we need to play any more matches this season tbh

:hmmyes:

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Man City’s remaining games:

◎ Everton (A)
◉ Chelsea (H)
◎ Brighton (A)
◎ Brentford (A)

Arsenal’s remaining games:

◉ Brighton (H)
◎ Nottingham (A)
◉ Wolves (H)

Making a shrine of worms, pictures of thatcher, seagull feathers and betting slips.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Agreed

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Man City’s remaining games:

◎ Everton (A)
◉ Chelsea (H)
◎ Brighton (A)
◎ Brentford (A)

Arsenal’s remaining games:

◉ Brighton (H)
◎ Nottingham (A)
◉ Wolves (H)

Making a shrine of worms, pictures of thatcher, seagull feathers and betting slips.

Those are really cool bullet points

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Let’s hope Brighton is back off the beach when they play Manchester City.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

vyelkin posted:

May the fourth be with Chelsea this month! Haha no but seriously Frank Lampard is a poo poo manager

You're only as good as your last match so I think you'll find Wank is good and also a genius.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

vyelkin posted:

May Chelsea be fourteenth this month

Good ball by Dixon
Oct 18, 2012

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
I don't really believe anymore but if Everton can get a draw or win then I will be back in on it happening. loving sucks Arsenal were this close and had that dip but in the end seemed likely.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

T Bowl posted:

I don't really believe anymore but if Everton can get a draw or win then I will be back in on it happening. loving sucks Arsenal were this close and had that dip but in the end seemed likely.

Aw, I’m sorry sweetheart, you were so needlessly overconfident for all those months

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Brighton is closer to the drop than the lead. They’re in 7th and a European qualification position :psyduck:

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Why are Villa, Brentford, Forest and Leeds the only ones with FC in the name?

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/MarkOgden_/status/1656236320828669952

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's bad enough that Sir Ferg still looms over the club every matchday like an alcoholic gargoyle

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Bring back Ole, Rio and the lads!

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xabi posted:

Bring back Ole, Rio and the lads!

One of those two has a track record of successfully running football clubs, the other is a lunatic.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Shrapnig posted:

Aw, I’m sorry sweetheart, you were so needlessly overconfident for all those months

Lol

Pooshited

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

gently caress yes, let’s get the band back together

Scholes tackling problems too late (some say he’s better than Xavi or Pirlo)
Cantona as fan engagement manager
Giggs can look after the WAGs
George Best in charge of entertainment

This is gunna be great

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.
Keane as the front gate greeter

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

webmeister posted:

George Best in charge of entertainment

now that'd be an achievement

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

They brought Fergie back to life, I’m sure they can manage it with Best as well

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
i'm sure this won't be met with good faith discussion but tomkins put out a writeup on how bizarre the officiating around liverpool has been for a while:

https://tomkinstimes.substack.com/p/referees-treat-lfc-very-differently?isFreemail=true

long story short: there's a lot of insanely weird poo poo from a raw numbers POV, inc. a notable lack of penalties at anfield, salah being unable to get a call in his favor ever and the officials with a harsher eye toward liverpool being assigned to officiate liverpool matches at a ridiculously high rate

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm glad liverpool are getting punished for klopp being a dick

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
😭 Scouse persecution syndrome 😭

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

tbp posted:

i'm sure this won't be met with good faith discussion but tomkins put out a writeup on how bizarre the officiating around liverpool has been for a while:

https://tomkinstimes.substack.com/p/referees-treat-lfc-very-differently?isFreemail=true

long story short: there's a lot of insanely weird poo poo from a raw numbers POV, inc. a notable lack of penalties at anfield, salah being unable to get a call in his favor ever and the officials with a harsher eye toward liverpool being assigned to officiate liverpool matches at a ridiculously high rate

Good faith response: my guess would be that refs want to prove that they're immune to That Special Anfield Atmosphere and so give liverpool nothing for fear of looking like theyve been influenced by the crowd/players

Bad faith response: lol liverpoo

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
:redflag:
liverpoo supporters and being a little crying baby bitch, name a more a more iconic duo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I very much enjoyed reading up to and shortly past this part

quote:

If we accept that referees are human, we have to accept all their human failings, and look at the data; just as you’d look at the data of a well-meaning surgeon who keeps accidentally killing patients, and chalks each one down as a ‘one-off’. (See the book Black Box Thinking.)

But then the weight of all the selectively cropped graphs and absolute stench of persecution complex and subjective interpretations presented as fact got too much and had to peace out

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

tbp posted:

Good, solid post, chock-full of facts. Unfortunately, some people can’t handle the truth.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

Even if we accepted every advanced stat in that piece as true, surely the conclusion isn't a good one for Liverpool - that under Klopp you've become such whiny pissbabies that you've managed to seed systemic bias against you throughout the entire organisation of referees.

Also lol at positing anti-german/foreigner bias as a potential reason while then spending the rest of the article bemoaning Liverpool's outlier position in referee decisions relative to... all the other teams managed by and full of foreigners

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

tbp posted:

lmao that you actually posted this

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Very interesting, only 9 different refs for liverpool home games for every 9 different refs for liverpool home games

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

sourdough posted:

Very interesting, only 9 different refs for liverpool home games for every 9 different refs for liverpool home games

Lmao

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
So many people unable to engage with grown-up views and intelligent discussions on Liverpool FC. A new low for TRP.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

if only the Finn was here to witness this

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sourdough posted:

Does the fact that several circles fall between whole numbers imply that some games are being reffed by dwarves or portions of dismembered refs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

First I was wondering what the hell is the other axis, then I was wondering WHY the hell is the other axis.

(The other axis is Klopp lol German gottem)