Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
the haters hiding behind attempts at humor bc they can't handle the truth. a sad sight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it's cause all the refs are tories

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

vyelkin posted:

it's cause all the refs are from Manchester

Fixed that

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/RobGuesty/status/1657072182193684496

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Tsaedje posted:

Why are Villa, Brentford, Forest and Leeds the only ones with FC in the name?

No-one replied to this but they're not the one ones with FC in the name.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

They are in the chart being referred to.

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

That'll be why no-one replied.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Ole with an interesting choice of words in this interview

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1657305932601384964?s=20

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Ole going after the GB News sports desk role

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Lol that was incredibly dumb from Leeds

E: wrong thread

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Lol that was incredibly dumb from Leeds

E: wrong thread

Is it though

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Post it in the Championship thread, op

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
https://twitter.com/fabrizioromano/status/1657462776921563136?s=46&t=WrPbqZJXnRYOmGBJajxezQ

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
hope he gets fired after 3 months

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
No way he’s managing Chelsea come February.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Boehly will be asking him why Chelsea aren't getting any European TV money and nobody will be able to make him believe the answer

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Nuclear Spoon posted:

hope he gets fired after 3 months

I assumed that was one of the conditions of a "Long term deal".

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

I assumed that was one of the conditions of a "Long term deal".

By next January, I wonder where “Chelsea’s payouts to fired managers” will rank in the league salary tables. Unless they stop getting paid once they take another job, that could rank right below the teams fighting for European places.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Jose posted:

Ole with an interesting choice of words in this interview

https://twitter.com/TheAthleticFC/status/1657305932601384964?s=20

tbf that's every old player ever, I'm not sure how much to really take from it

how dare things not be like they were in my day; jumpers for goalposts; if that shin-high lunge is a red then the game's gone alan

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/avfcstatto/status/1657457128297177102?s=46&t=Y6RQ6-fR6KkOj092urcJ4Q

but lmao

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

45 points from 23 games is a pretty solid set of results, lol Gerrard

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
If they'd had him and that form all season they'd be wrapping up 3rd place right now

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Bea Nanner posted:

i think emery will do well at villa

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

now that'd be an achievement

It'll be his failson

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

harperdc posted:

By next January, I wonder where “Chelsea’s payouts to fired managers” will rank in the league salary tables. Unless they stop getting paid once they take another job, that could rank right below the teams fighting for European places.

I've heard of this clause in some deals, to the extent we'll ever know.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

So I was looking at the table today and it looks like now that Brighton are in 6th, 6th also gets Europa League, with Europe Conference qualification moving to 7th. Is that because the FA Cup final is City v United? I’m just confused because it’s been 5th - Europa, 6 - Conference quals for months and now that’s changed.

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Checking the standings, yeah, it's a result of Man United solidifying the position where they will finish 6th or higher while also being in the FA Cup final against a Man City already qualified for the Champion's League. So the FA Cup Europa League spot will go to the 6th placed team regardless now, and the Europa Conference spot is confirmed as going to the 7th (as it would have been Man United's from winning the EFL Cup but they're now guaranteed at least the Europa League).

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

So I was looking at the table today and it looks like now that Brighton are in 6th, 6th also gets Europa League, with Europe Conference qualification moving to 7th. Is that because the FA Cup final is City v United? I’m just confused because it’s been 5th - Europa, 6 - Conference quals for months and now that’s changed.

Yeah the ‘best’ Europa slot with no additional qualifier rounds is/was the FA cup winner’s prize but if the winner is already in the CL it will drop down to 5th place league finish, dropping the regular EL slot and ECL slot to 6th and 7th respectively. I think it could technically go as low as 8th were there 5 CL places through someone winning the CL/EL and finishing 5th in the league

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Inshallah even with the 'extra' European space Spurs still miss out

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Thanks Ants posted:

Inshallah even with the 'extra' European space Spurs still miss out

Spurs having to play in the UEFA Papa John’s Trophy is surely funnier

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Blasmeister posted:

Yeah the ‘best’ Europa slot with no additional qualifier rounds is/was the FA cup winner’s prize but if the winner is already in the CL it will drop down to 5th place league finish, dropping the regular EL slot and ECL slot to 6th and 7th respectively. I think it could technically go as low as 8th were there 5 CL places through someone winning the CL/EL and finishing 5th in the league

What does the Fair Play Award get you these days?

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
50,000 euros

as someone who has committed 0 fouls in professional football this season i would also like 50,000 euros

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Doea anyone have an athletic or similar article about how Liverpool went from a mess to smashing everyone to nearly get 4th?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Jose posted:

Doea anyone have an athletic or similar article about how Liverpool went from a mess to smashing everyone to nearly get 4th?

They got a bunch of lucky ref calls and jammy 1 goal wins and the teams above them lost a few games, op

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jose posted:

Doesn't look like it

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Jose posted:

City knocked the Boom Bust cycle off kilter

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Shrapnig posted:

Doesn't look like it

Ty for trying op. I miss the earlier klopp out days

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Liverpool have gotten over their wobble barring that weird result at Bournemouth and are more or less back where they "should" be for the back half of the season, Spurs have collapsed and Chelsea have written themselves off. Brentford also ran out of steam.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I'm just hoping it's ten hag they overtake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Leicester are not a good side

E: Wrong thread but it's relevant