Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

vyelkin posted:

Guardiola did well but it's not so impressive winning the title with a Man City team that were already two-time champions and added the world's best striker.

But Manager of the Season basically always goes to whoever wins the league, so oh well. You can't expect anything else.

It's all subjective but Pep's basically reinvented/revisited his tactics again in a different version of his 3-2-4-1, teams have already started copying it because it's nearly unplayable at the moment, he's incredibly influential and that alone is enough for me. Not to mention his rotation and man management are also incredible (you can argue about money for this one if you want I guess).

Also Klopp won the 2021-22 trophy and not the league.

eleven extra elephants fucked around with this message at 21:40 on May 31, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

wooger posted:

Rotation: yes, it’s easy when your entire 2nd 11 are also world beaters.

Man management: unclear how it’s possible to judge this objectively. Offloading difficult players because you can easily replace them with fresh £50M signings doesn’t make you a great man manager. Sane was binned off rather than fixed.

They're world beaters because of Pep though, obviously a lot of the players were already world class but can anybody really say they rated Stones/Akanji/Ake before Pep got his hands on them?

Sane was sold for 50 million and was played frequently when he was absolute shite, looking at his Bayern form it looks more like it's a Sane issue rather than Pep, same with Sterling, how's he doing at Chelsea?

Cancelo was sent on loan for his bust up and replaced by a combo of Stones and Lewis, but they're not particularly who I'm talking about. You just don't really hear about much drama coming from City at all (Mendy excluded obviously) Foden was hardly played and benched for a long time, same with Laporte, Walker (after the system change) and Alvarez until recently. Silva's had Barca swarming after him for ages, Phillips is perma benched for being a fatty but has said he wants to stay and despite all that you don't see any transfer requests, he must be doing something right to keep them happy.

Also I don't really have much to say about the 5 subs thing, you can look at it eitherways but Pep barely loving uses subs which I would say is his main major issue.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

The man made Fabian 'basics of football' Delph the best LB in the league a few years ago, that alone deserves a lifetime achievement.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

brocked posted:

Hmm.... How could a massive money-laundering regime possibly keep bench players happy?

that's operating under the assumption that every single one of city's players is a money obsessed mercenary, regardless - half of them could go to any big team that can pay the same