Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is revisionism. I don’t know the origins of the name and I’ll concede that it came from thread regulars and not the taxman himself, but that was absolute the title of that subforum for a few hours while people looked on asking wtf dude

Ah. It was probably Lowtax just making a new subforum with exactly the name of the thread. He wasnt a particularly thoughtful person.

Thats a much funnier story though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
key and peele made the skit about the subforum

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cuttlefush posted:

key and peele made the skit about the subforum

they found out about somethingawful from famous goon Jon Stewart at the Comedy Central Christmas Party

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Nix Panicus posted:

'Negrotown' came from a Key and Peele skit and was the name of a thread in D&D where the D&D mods sequestered all 'race related' topics. I don't know for certain but I think the thread name was probably chosen by the thread regulars, which included such luminaries as Koalas March, negromancer, and Tiny Brontosaurus.

it wasn't 'sequestered', koalas march just decided to make a thread

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

This is revisionism. I don’t know the origins of the name and I’ll concede that it came from thread regulars and not the taxman himself, but that was absolute the title of that subforum for a few hours while people looked on asking wtf dude

Subtitle iirc.

exmarx posted:

it wasn't 'sequestered', koalas march just decided to make a thread

D and D being what it is I can see it originating that way and quickly becoming sequestered.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Lowtax suffered from mental health but y'all aren't ready for that conversation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.