Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

His Divine Shadow posted:

This is like really sad and pathetic.

Could you give this guy a wedgie the gang-tag too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok well this is a bit too large. Mind shrinking it down a little?

Think about taser balls heart attack size

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Issaries posted:

OP is going to get barred from Ikea if they're not careful

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
lest they go on a rampage therein, removing one part from every box in the warehouse

making GBS threads on a bed in the showroom, thank kind of thing

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

crispix posted:

Gary Davis on BBC Radio 2 is playing Cha Cha Cha every morning this week in protest at Loreen stealing the win lol

She didn’t steal the win ! Sorry!

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Ok well this is a bit too large. Mind shrinking it down a little?

Think about taser balls heart attack size

Taser balls is 180x64 and 282 kb.

The cha cha cha gif is 160x64 and 9 kb.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Oh what ugh ok I'ma go back and yell thank you!

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Nenonen posted:

:wrong:

The juries have actual written down criteria for their decisions which I posted earlier. Technical singing skills is only a fraction of it, otherwise someone like Saara Aalto would even have a chance.

ESC has never been a mere singing contest like Voice or Idol shows. Even its name is Eurovision Song Contest. The main thing is to have new catchy songs, not that the singer has the widest sound range.

yes, and he needed that fraction, desperately

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

matti posted:

yes, and he needed that fraction, desperately

:wrong: again. The juries just weren't following their own rules because the Swedish ESC mafia told them so.

matti
Mar 31, 2019

it was the freemasons

Von Pluring
Sep 19, 2003

Zelensky's Zealots
Pork Pro
Just saw Loreens stupid nails and thought nope, give it to someone else. But I guess the conspiracy was in full effect. Sweden had to win because of ABBA or something.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

Quantum of Phallus posted:

She didn’t steal the win ! Sorry!

YES SHE DID she stole it look at her, how evil she is :mad:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Ok I got up to Zat on page 77. I will endeavor to have these done in the next few days. They'll show up once an admin runs the queue, which the wait at the moment spans from either 10 minutes from now or the heat death of the universe

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RLOVlr9wbw

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

:hayter::hayter::hayter:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Issaries posted:

I'm finnish btw. The jury sucked but turning this into some excuse to bash an entire country is just... insane? Or maybe we're all irony posting so much I can't tell reality from the matrix anymore?

His Divine Shadow fucked around with this message at 08:08 on May 17, 2023

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Not bad, though I prefer this version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9xRCF_8IL8

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

His Divine Shadow posted:

I'm finnish btw. The jury sucked but turning this into some excuse to bash an entire country is just... insane? Or maybe we're all irony posting so much I can't tell reality from the matrix anymore?

Weeeellll, it's just a silly gangtag, and I'm sure* the "death to Sweden" crowd is just hamming it up a bit.

*for my own sanity's sake

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

Eurovision needs to stop using juries or at least make them have less power in the future.

As for Sweden, they should enjoy their win but also let the rest of us grumble in peace. Loreen wasn't even close to winning the public vote, but she legitimately won the competition under the current rules. The circumstances will be forgotten before long, but for a few weeks or months more her win is going carry an asterisk, especially for the Finns.

Zat fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 17, 2023

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Reminder that people were saying "gently caress the juries" from the first page of the thread - it's not targeted at Sweden specifically, it's a recognition (partly self deprecating) that the tastes of ESC juries usually aren't going to be in line with us, the song contest sickos. At least that was my intent when I made the image that got adapted for the tag.

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Imo, while there’s nothing in the rules against fielding a previous winner, and a global platinum-selling one whose prior song still gets played every day in nightclubs around the world at that - it is a little against the spirit of the thing.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Matinee posted:

Imo, while there’s nothing in the rules against fielding a previous winner, and a global platinum-selling one whose prior song still gets played every day in nightclubs around the world at that - it is a little against the spirit of the thing.

Only way the Sweden can redeem themselves, if next year they send a comedy act singing in Swedish.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

Yeah, it's not that serious, and it's not directed against Sweden as a country or even their specific winner. Just some 4fun raging about how the goon / internet favourite was robbed.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Zat posted:

for a few weeks or months more her win is going carry an asterisk, especially for the Finns.

I would say only for the Finns

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsSR5hCfPOM

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

:hmmyes:

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Matinee posted:

Imo, while there’s nothing in the rules against fielding a previous winner
Personally I think it's fine, but if it makes Irish fans shut the gently caress up about Johnny Logan then I'll take it.

Sweden double-loving Ireland on no longer being the only country with 7 wins and to have a twice-winning singer makes it all worth it and hopefully forces them to start caring again!

The Big Finish
Dec 24, 2007
I rigged the jury. I placed a box in front of them with a button that said "press here for one million dollars" but it actually cast their vote for Sweden, and I also told them voting for Finland is gay

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

The Big Finish posted:

I rigged the jury. I placed a box in front of them with a button that said "press here for one million dollars" but it actually cast their vote for Sweden, and I also told them voting for Finland is gay

:argh: You maniac! You ruined it all!

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

Remember about six years or so ago the jury went huuuuge for that Macedonian singer and she was in first by a landslide, then the public vote came in and she got like 30 points?

Matinee
Sep 15, 2007

Don’t get be wrong, I think there should be an automatic bar on previous winners entering again.

double bonus chaos option: an automatic bar on previous winning songwriters entering again. :can:

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Matinee posted:

double bonus chaos option: an automatic bar on previous winning songwriters entering again. :can:

This I can get behind, make artists write their own songs

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

"IN PLACE OF KÄÄRIJÄ YOU WOULD HAVE LOREEN! NOT GREEN BUT BEAUTIFUL AND BEIGE AS 'TATTOO'!"
According to Yle, Käärijä has risen to become the most played Finnish-language artist, so I'd say there is at least one Finn who is currently pretty happy with Loreen.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Kamrat posted:

This I can get behind, make artists write their own songs

this is so so stupid

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Goatson posted:

According to Yle, Käärijä has risen to become the most played Finnish-language artist, so I'd say there is at least one Finn who is currently pretty happy with Loreen.

Most played song, not artist. He has still long ways to be biggest artist.
But apparently he's going to be able to upgrade from his 20m^2 apartment, (215 square feet for yanks)
thanks to his success in Eurovision.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBeNGI3YHdA

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

voi vittu

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

As well as CHA CHA CHA I've not been able to get Whole Again out of my head since Saturday, seeing Dadi Freyr singing alongside Eurovision winners was extremely good for the soul

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

My confession is that I've had Polands song looping in my head all week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

remember the Romania guy in semi 2, holy poo poo