Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

Killingyouguy! posted:

My confession is that I've had Polands song looping in my head all week

same but its the azerbaijan guys' song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Poe poe poe poe poe poe poe poe poe....

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Rewatching the final with GF tonight to see if opinions changed for us.

Austria - still hate Edgar
Portugal - tragic to send a song like this

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:06 on May 17, 2023

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

My morning has been BLOOD AND GLITTER, SOMETHING SHITTER, I'M SO HAPPY I COULD DIE over and over again. I didn't even like that song that much! (Better than Sweden though)

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Let's get clean and smart

I have had "she's the queen of the kings! Sailing over the seas! Hey! Nothing stops the spread of her wings!" stuck in my head for a solid rear end week now.

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

Ralph Crammed In posted:

I have had "she's the queen of the kings! Sailing over the seas! Hey! Nothing stops the spread of her wings!" stuck in my head for a solid rear end week now.

same same
it's been a good song for the gym
I FEEL POWERFUL

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

This is honestly how Eurovision usually goes for me. I've forgotten all the songs about an hour after the winner is announced and then they just creep back into my head over the next month or so.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I've been talking to a couple of coworkers about the eurovision final and most of them found Finlands entry too rough to listen to and would have voted for Sweden if they had to choose between the two.

One of them didn't know who the winner was and I sang "euphooooria~" and she got visibly upset that the Swedes would send a previous winner lol

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Well, I've had the chorus of the UK's song in my head, that should be more embarrassing than Poland's.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Yeah on rewatch, Finland murders Sweden.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

Party Boat posted:

As well as CHA CHA CHA I've not been able to get Whole Again out of my head since Saturday, seeing Dadi Freyr singing alongside Eurovision winners was extremely good for the soul

I am so glad he finally got to perform on stage :love:

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

I think the next real question is that will Käärijä be memoryholed by the future Eurovision productions or not, because it brings unwanted discussions about the times when popular vote was overridden by the the jury votes, and is a stain on Loreen's "two time winner" popularity.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

remember the Romania guy in semi 2, holy poo poo

So bad it's like a fever dream where existence is just meaningless noise pounding in your consciousness

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Der Kyhe posted:

I think the next real question is that will Käärijä be memoryholed by the future Eurovision productions or not, because it brings unwanted discussions about the times when popular vote was overridden by the the jury votes, and is a stain on Loreen's "two time winner" popularity.

Käärijä seemed pretty clear on never wanting to do eurovision again from the BTS footage

Not from bitterness just from exhaustion

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Der Kyhe posted:

Verka came 2nd and no-one remembers who won that year.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

dadi is an excellent ambassador for eurovision and i hope he continues to become a contest fixture

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Killingyouguy! posted:

Käärijä seemed pretty clear on never wanting to do eurovision again from the BTS footage

I hope he does the sort-of Lordi thing and just shows up randomly in the future for the appearances and performer money. Right now he is justifiably bummed by the result but hopefully he'll get over it.

So that Finland has two Eurovision regulars, no matter what the business voted.

Killingyouguy!
Sep 8, 2014

Lordi won the first year they introduced internet voting, right?

The Public Loves Finland

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Verka came 2nd and no-one remembers who won that year.

I had to look it up and still can't remember the song

matti
Mar 31, 2019

Killingyouguy! posted:

drat sorry i didnt know käärijä had bts, tragic

szary
Mar 12, 2014

Enfys posted:

I had to look it up and still can't remember the song

Molitva is a banger tho

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Der Kyhe posted:

and is a stain on Loreen's "two time winner" popularity.

this has to be a bit at this stage

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Ok everyone who wanted a gangtag is in the queue now

When will you get them? Who knows! Life is a mystery.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Niinku cha cha cha

Falukorv
Jun 23, 2013

A funny little mouse!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

this has to be a bit at this stage

Feels like youre the only sane person here.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Psychedelicatessen posted:

I've been talking to a couple of coworkers about the eurovision final and most of them found Finlands entry too rough to listen to and would have voted for Sweden if they had to choose between the two.

One of them didn't know who the winner was and I sang "euphooooria~" and she got visibly upset that the Swedes would send a previous winner lol

Sweden sent Carola like 3-4 times I think after she won in 1988.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

His Divine Shadow posted:

Sweden sent Carola like 3-4 times I think after she won in 1988.

well there aren't that many people in Sweden to pick from

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

So there's Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe and Maamaamaamaa-ta Hari! Which legendary historical figure you reckon they will have a Eurovision song about next?

trunkh
Jan 31, 2011

The Brits should send some Churchill garbage.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

trunkh posted:

Oliver Cromwell to the tune of Grimly Fiendish by The Damned.

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

trunkh posted:

Really leaning into that rivalry for last place with Germany.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Ralph Crammed In posted:

So there's Poe Poe Poe Poe Poe and Maamaamaamaa-ta Hari! Which legendary historical figure you reckon they will have a Eurovision song about next?

Genghis Khan

(what a timely song that is today)

Schlinky
Mar 12, 2009

...Too much drink.

Issaries posted:

Only way the Sweden can redeem themselves, if next year they send a comedy act singing in Swedish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUDrn9XbZlw

I’d definitely approve if this happened!

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

Ralph Crammed In posted:

Really leaning into that rivalry for last place with Germany.
Germany were genuinely robbed this year :mad:

Ralph Crammed In
May 11, 2007

Question Mark Mound posted:

Agreed. I think that not having to compete in the semis is a disadvantage for the big five because everyone gets a chance to see the acts in advance and pick their favorites to cheer for and by the time the finale comes they've already picked a favorite or two to root for. Germany would have fared a lot better if people had seen them in advance IMO. Of course Italy bucked this trend in 2021, but in general they are showing up late to the party and everyone has already picked a dance partner.

A love the gangtag, now we can gently caress the jury year-round.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Thanks Peckersniffer! You're alright.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Question Mark Mound posted:

The staging was great, the chorus was immense, but I thought the verse was weak.

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla

spookygonk posted:

The staging was great, the chorus was immense, but I thought the verse was weak.
True about the verse, but not “last place” weak. No part of it was worse than the UK.

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

I liked the German entry initially but after listening to the rest of their album I like it less. Still, it was a perfectly fine song that fits the Eurovision style. I can see them not getting popular votes for political reasons, but the jury leaving them in last place was very unexpected for me. Should have landed around the middle imo.

Anyway I hope Germany learns from this and sends a 16yo playing Wonderwall next year, not like it makes a difference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grillfiend
Nov 29, 2015

Belgians ITT
(ie Me)

They should've sent Patty