Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Food. Sooner or later you will have to deal with this awful inefficient stuff. This thread is for posting about capitalism's hostile relationship with food and how the act of eating, digesting, and making GBS threads out food is seen as a necessary evil. Food stamps, school lunch programs, food waste, the way food is advertised, food education, food prices, that time tech bros tried to replace eating with soylent. Stuff like that. You can also just post pictures of gross tacky food items as long as it comes from america.

What gross food did you eat as a kid that everyone thought was normal at the time? Remember the food pyramid? How many tons of non spoiled food were you forced to throw away when you got your first job in food service?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
We're not discussing this. Topic locked.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

huel is the worst name for a product in all of history

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

Here's a classic: The Hungry Man All Day Breakfast© aka The Breakfast of Death©:

So the box looked like this:

But the food looked like this:

Now let's take a look at the nutrition facts:

:holymoley: This is not a photoshop.

The idea was a construction worker would eat this in the morning before work and not have to stop to eat all day. Thereby eliminating the unforgivable task of stopping work to eat lunch like some kind of stupid caveman. It didn't work because construction workers are lazy food obsessed parasites.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

What gross food did you eat as a kid that everyone thought was normal at the time?

ortolan. i went bald early because of the napkin

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Koishi Komeiji posted:

The idea was a construction worker would eat this in the morning before work and not have to stop to eat all day.

the idea was they could sell me salted calories for cheaper and more plentifully than other brands. banquet brand is the real villain

bigstupidjellyfish
Oct 25, 2010
could taco bell exist under communism? that is its greatest shortcoming as an ideology

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...

Koishi Komeiji posted:

What gross food did you eat as a kid that everyone thought was normal at the time?

Jello fruit salads. I think that was a midwest thing.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

bigstupidjellyfish posted:

could taco bell exist under communism? that is its greatest shortcoming as an ideology

you kiddin'? taco bell is one of the more expensive a la carte fast food places out there. under communism a taco supreme would be $.79 again

Akratic Method
Mar 9, 2013

It's going to pay off eventually--I'm sure of it.

Any day now.

err posted:

It spread further than that; my grandmother used to make those and she lived in northeast Pennsylvania, within the NYC commuter rail region.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
Abolish private kitchens and mandate cafeterias in all apartments and work places

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

i say swears online posted:

you kiddin'? taco bell is one of the more expensive a la carte fast food places out there. under communism a taco supreme would be $.79 again

are you trying to tell me taco bell would be state run? subsidized? do i have lib brain?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

brother,

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i only got theu like half of kapital vol 1 soz

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

QFT

Nobody talks about it but Taco Bell is a loving ripoff

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

err posted:

nah my great aunt made them up here in ontario as well. salty jello is a crime.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

QFT

Nobody talks about it but Taco Bell is a loving ripoff

actually we talk about it a lot in the fast food forum

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

actually we talk about it a lot in the fast food forum

it's a chill place where we talk about checking for heft at the drive-thru and peeling out if it seems heavier than expected

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
A triple cheeseburger from McDonald's used to cost 3.00 and now it's like 4.69

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I used to be able to get a triple cheeseburger (550kcals) and a large diet cola for 4.25

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

sausage biscuit and hash brown for $1 6-8am morning special at my local place in like 2006 never 4get

all-day breakfast ruled because i could get a sack of sausage biscuits for the bad morning i was about to have

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

egg prices are finally back under $2 here it’s cool

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

egg prices are finally back under $2 here it’s cool

What does a store bought egg taste like? Failure?

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

500excf type r posted:

it tastes like progress

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

lol embarrassing tradflex

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

500excf type r posted:

dirt cheap, delicious factory farmed protein

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

lol embarrassing tradflex

Commercial egg producers price gouged the American people to set record profits lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

Commercial egg producers price gouged the American people to set record profits lol

"yet you choose to participate in it. curious!"

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

"yet you choose to participate in it. curious!"

I am not a commercial egg producer and give all my eggs away for free so people in my community have access to high quality free range eggs at zero cost to them and it keeps their money from going to corporations that gently caress everyone over for basic necessities.

If you want to support price gouging and a 700% increase in profits year to year then be my guest by its absolutely failure flavored and worth ridicule

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

go gently caress yourself you self-righteous prick lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

go gently caress yourself you self-righteous prick lol

Enjoy your overpriced low quality eggs and supporting the corporations 700% increase in profits lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

you're so loving stupid

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

500excf type r posted:

I am not a commercial egg producer and give all my eggs away for free so people in my community have access to high quality free range eggs at zero cost to them and it keeps their money from going to corporations that gently caress everyone over for basic necessities.

If you want to support price gouging and a 700% increase in profits year to year then be my guest by its absolutely failure flavored and worth ridicule

oh you were being serious lol

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

you're so loving stupid

Lol k

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i live in an apartment

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

you're so loving stupid

700%

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

oh you were being serious lol

Check the thread title and evaluate the commercial egg situation

F Stop Fitzgerald
Dec 12, 2010

im gonna buy 3x as many corporate eggs and then im gonna find your address bitch. hope you have a power wash

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Smythe posted:

i live in an apartment

the commissar sent me to ask why you haven't been to the canteen lately. I hope you're not cooking by yourself up here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

F Stop Fitzgerald posted:

im gonna buy 3x as many corporate eggs and then im gonna find your address bitch. hope you have a power wash

My eggs are free so you can just come over and get a few dozen and then "return" them as you see fit. My hens love the shells and my clapboards wouldnt care