Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

My eggs are free so you can just come over and get a few dozen and then "return" them as you see fit. My hens love the shells and my clapboards wouldnt care

who the gently caress is scraeming "EGG OFF" at my house. show yourself, coward. i will never egg off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRAZY KNUCKLES FAN
Aug 12, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

500excf type r posted:

My eggs are free so you can just come over and get a few dozen and then "return" them as you see fit. My hens love the shells and my clapboards wouldnt care

Oh?

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Personally I think it’s good and cool that you have chickens and share the eggs around. Maybe don’t be a giant caustic rear end in a top hat about it and people will respond more positively :shrug:

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

can't out egg the egg man

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

Being a cock

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Personally I think it’s good and cool that you have chickens and share the eggs around. Maybe don’t be a giant caustic rear end in a top hat about it and people will respond more positively :shrug:

Sorry, I was trying to be sassy to a mod and let myself get carried away

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

500excf type r posted:

Sorry, I was trying to be sassy to a mod and let myself get carried away

Who among us

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Never back down, egg boy

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

smashmouth500excf type r eat the commercial eggs

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
the grow your own egg flamewar is legendary in my mind. short and sweet. one for the ages

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

War and Pieces posted:

the commissar sent me to ask why you haven't been to the canteen lately. I hope you're not cooking by yourself up here.

would love to goto cafeteria for food

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

would love to goto cafeteria for food

I do, it rules. last week they had chicken fried steak

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Smythe posted:

actually we talk about it a lot in the fast food forum

the Taco Bell thread is the Trump thread of the fast food forum

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

TAocl Ebotll

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin
Also I liked it better when fast food threads could be posted in gbs. Now gbs is just a big soyboy sob fest . Sad!

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Lmfao

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

tabl

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.

i say swears online posted:

They can fry steaks but can't lay eggs smdh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

at school cafeteria they got tendies and tots and also they got orange chicken. another thing they have is a carls jr and a el pollo loco. i dont think they should have franchise fast food on campus. sometimes their orange chicken is BEYOND dank and other times its mediocre.

chicken freied steak is soooo good im jealous. my dad used to make it sometimes it was sooooooooog oooooddd

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

hmmm...

yep

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Also I liked it better when fast food threads could be posted in gbs. Now gbs is just a big soyboy sob fest . Sad!

the fast food forum owns and is VERY mellow. big fan of that forum

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Smythe posted:

the fast food forum owns and is VERY mellow. big fan of that forum

sitchensis
Mar 4, 2009

sausage biscuit and hash brown for $1 6-8am morning special at my local place in like 2006 never 4get

all-day breakfast ruled because i could get a sack of sausage biscuits for the bad morning i was about to have

https://youtu.be/f4RNb3tt0LM

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Smythe posted:

i only got theu like half of kapital vol 1 soz

no poo poo

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Never back down, egg boy

Ardennes
May 12, 2002
It is kind of nuts a Soft Taco Supreme is $2.70 considering what you get, in addition, it is clear that the amount of meat/cheese has been drastically cut down over the years.

Admittedly, I think having your own eggs and giving them out is fine. Obviously, it is just not an option for 90%+ of people.

-----

I am also going to do a hot-take but I think egg/milk/honey consumption is defensibly ethical, and I don't really get the reasoning behind being a "full" vegan. I mean people can do anything they want and that is great, but it seems that the cultures that are vegetarian (like certain groups in India) usually still use milk products (especially cheese) and eggs because they are a very good source of protein and certain key metals/vitamins.

In addition, egg/milk production is more defensible than meat production, especially of beef.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dairy cows still spew methane into the air, so it's not THAT much better than beef. on a per-calorie basis it's probably superior

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

dairy cows still spew methane into the air, so it's not THAT much better than beef. on a per-calorie basis it's probably superior

The issue is the amount of calories/protein you are getting out of that animal versus beef. A Dairy cow can produce 8,000-10,000 liters a year (and will continue to produce year after year) while a head of cattle will produce 700-750 pounds of beef from its slaughter. The amount of calorie/protein efficacy isn't even remotely close.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

that's a lot of milk!

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
I used to eat a lot of baked chicken breast but about ten years ago I noticed they kept coming out rubbery and gross, which never happened to me before. They were not over cooked. They were cooked the same way I always did them.

The chicken is different. It's worse. Someone tell me why.

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

I used to eat a lot of baked chicken breast but about ten years ago I noticed they kept coming out rubbery and gross, which never happened to me before. They were not over cooked. They were cooked the same way I always did them.

I am going to throw out a guess but it may be as chicken breasts as very clearly grown in size in the US tso hat the ration of muscle/protein versus fat has become more lopsided, particularly in breast meat, and it just tastes weird/bad as a result. When I travel to the US, I still adjust to how weirdly huge frankenstein huge chicken breasts are. I honestly have to filet them into fourths to make them usable. Maybe adding some butter/margarine may help?

Honestly, I got to to admit, I think in general the quality of meat/produce in the US is really dire to most of the rest of the world. Usually, the upside was quanity versus cost but even that seems to be over.

Ardennes has issued a correction as of 13:53 on May 10, 2023

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

I like cheesy gordita crunch because the literal translation is the cheesy little fat lady crunch

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

the quesadillas from taco bell are my preferred item at that place

chicken thighs are easier to cook, cheaper, and taste better than chicken breast. thts my take.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3 posted:

that’s a thing and it’s called woody breasts

last I remember looking no one knew why it happened in some chickens and not others, though it’s certainly caused by disgusting factory farming bullshit

I avoid the problem by buying the fancy chicken brands and paying a lot more, but that’s ok because we eat way less meat than we used to

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
dont appreciate the egg guy trying to spin off my bit

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

croup coughfield posted:

dont appreciate the egg guy trying to spin off my bit

It's the egg man's world, we're all just living in it

croup coughfield
Apr 8, 2020
Probation
Can't post for 94 days!
anyway under communism i will be on the living mas committee of the politburo. free soda refills will be enforced at all taco bell locations and yes, we will be returning to the 59/79/99 standard.

FacelessVoid
Jul 8, 2009

Ardennes posted:

It is kind of nuts a Soft Taco Supreme is $2.70 considering what you get, in addition, it is clear that the amount of meat/cheese has been drastically cut down over the years.

Admittedly, I think having your own eggs and giving them out is fine. Obviously, it is just not an option for 90%+ of people.

-----

I am also going to do a hot-take but I think egg/milk/honey consumption is defensibly ethical, and I don't really get the reasoning behind being a "full" vegan. I mean people can do anything they want and that is great, but it seems that the cultures that are vegetarian (like certain groups in India) usually still use milk products (especially cheese) and eggs because they are a very good source of protein and certain key metals/vitamins.

In addition, egg/milk production is more defensible than meat production, especially of beef.

milk is the evilest industry in the world lol

calves are stolen from their mothers and used for veal and the mothers are slaughtered for beef the second they don’t produce milk.

hens are breed to produce dozens of time more eggs than they would naturally and leads to all kinds of health problems including death. the moment they stop producing eggs they’re slaughtered.

honey bees out compete native pollinators and havesting their honey causes them suffering and death

there is nothing in milk and eggs that you can’t get from plants. so weird that you cite food insecure people to excuse your behavior. obviously if you have no other option you should eat animal products but I’m guessing that doesn’t apply to you?

if you really want to do some annoying catcha against vegans why not eat oysters that aren’t sentient?

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

oysters ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ardennes
May 12, 2002

FacelessVoid posted:

milk is the evilest industry in the world lol

calves are stolen from their mothers and used for veal and the mothers are slaughtered for beef the second they don’t produce milk.

hens are breed to produce dozens of time more eggs than they would naturally and leads to all kinds of health problems including death. the moment they stop producing eggs they’re slaughtered.

honey bees out compete native pollinators and havesting their honey causes them suffering and death

there is nothing in milk and eggs that you can’t get from plants. so weird that you cite food insecure people to excuse your behavior. obviously if you have no other option you should eat animal products but I’m guessing that doesn’t apply to you?

if you really want to do some annoying catcha against vegans why not eat oysters that aren’t sentient?

I don’t have a problem with that either, if you are going to draw a line, make it economically and functionally sustainable. If you want to feed the maximum number of people with the least reasonable amount of dysfunction it makes a lot more to sense to have dairy and eggs in the mix than it doesn’t especially with technology limits.

In addition, if you want to offer people a diet, it just goes a long way to make it tastier/healthier. It doesn’t mean you can’t have alternatives either.