Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer Gay So What
Apr 20, 2023

THEY MADE THE BEER GAY AND THATS OK
SURGE energy drink

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

isaboo posted:

It's easy enough make, but Purplesarus Rex Kool-Aid.

Wendy's all you can eat salad bar.

The original Hostess fruit pies.
I don't know how close it gets, but this is my summertime jam:

+

It's gotta be watered down a little if you don't have another container.

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 10, 2023

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Ponderosa’s wings :negative:

Hometown Buffet’s pot roast

There was a restaurant named Salt & Fat near me, and they had this thing where they would braise oxtails and shred off all the meat, then pack it into one of those giant ice cube trays, then deep-fry a cube for your order. The flavor was so intense, just the beefiest beef, and they served it with this caramelized onion purée and sautéed enokis that taught me I actually do like mushrooms. They also served popcorn popped with bacon fat as an appetizer. It was a tragic day when they closed.

My neighborhood also had a couple cheap Indian takeout places, the same way you have cheap Chinese takeout places. One of them, their fish pakora was big chunks of salmon encrusted in spices (no flour/breading/batter) and then probably fried, and it was incredible. I used to want to go and ask if they’d show me how to make it, but I was too shy, and now it’s lost forever.

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!
I miss gum and mints with real loving sugar. Almost everything has artificial sweeteners and no it DOESN'T taste as good as the original nor does the flavor last as long.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Back in the 80s I remember getting milk from vending machines. The milk I didnt care for but there was also a juice vending machine somewhere in Buffalo NY we used to go to and damned if I don't miss that fruit punch or whatever the hell it was.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Anne Whateley posted:

There was a restaurant named Salt & Fat near me, and they had this thing where they would braise oxtails and shred off all the meat, then pack it into one of those giant ice cube trays, then deep-fry a cube for your order. The flavor was so intense, just the beefiest beef, and they served it with this caramelized onion purée and sautéed enokis that taught me I actually do like mushrooms. They also served popcorn popped with bacon fat as an appetizer. It was a tragic day when they closed.

Whoa

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Jif made almond butter for awhile that, while expensive, was the closest in consistency to actual peanut butter I've ever found in my life. As someone who developed the inability to eat peanuts later in life I miss peanut butter sandwiches sooo much so finding that was like a blessing.

But they stopped making it years ago and I have only recently (three days ago) found a suitable replacement called Barney Butter.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I was going to say vienetta but apparently they started making it again in 2021. Go figure.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
This peanut butter was amazing. It was just slightly crunchy so it still spread like creamy without tearing your bread up.

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

I LIKE PETA AND THINK THAT SCIENCE IS EVIL

Apple Slice was so Godamn good

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I already miss Sierra Mist and Starry is no replacement

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Starry is a stupid name for a drink

Winkle-Daddy
Mar 10, 2007
fruit snacks, but the kind from the 90's that would be kinda cloudy-opaque

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
this was before good phone cameras, but I found someone’s photo on flickr

(what looks like chicken bones is the sautéed enokis)

also it was $9 and I definitely did not appreciate it enough

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
My standard answer is PB Max, literally the best candy bar I ever had and so of course it was a victim of the Mars family head's infamous "peanut butter is gross lol I am a whiny baby who runs a candy company [which sounds like a good thing]." It is the only thing I think about that I used to eat all the time that I actually would return rather than just looking back on the food nostalgically.

Like Yo-J, which was undoubtedly my favorite drink that I could convince my mother was at all healthy and thus allow me to have all the goddamn time. O.K. I might want Yo-J back, too

Edit: Also related I am proud that I liked Orbitz back when people thought it was objectively disgusting that there would be things floating in a drink rather than paying extra at the boba shop for it

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

strawberries and cream werthers

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You Are A Elf posted:

PB Crisps. Lord in the heavens I would do some unsavory poo poo for a pack of PB Crisps again.

I would risk prison and hell for a bag of PB Crisps.

LOL https://pbcrisps.com/

Inzombiac fucked around with this message at 20:40 on May 10, 2023

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Crunchy corn bran Cereal

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

ProfessorMarvel
Jan 6, 2021

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

Inzombiac posted:

PB Crisps are my own McDonald's Mulan Szechuan teriyaki dipping sauce. That's my one-armed man. I want those PB Crisps!

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Inzombiac posted:

Oh my god seeing that bag of PB&J Crisps definitely unlocked a memory of loving them, well now I am onboard

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

satanic splash-back posted:

I already miss Sierra Mist and Starry is no replacement

Starry sucks so bad.

Tato Skins. The TGIF brand skins don't compare

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
I used to love Bagel Dogs. My parents would always get them when we went to Costco. I haven't seen them sold anywhere for well over a decade.

Dial911
Mar 18, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY LORD AND SAVIOR!!!

The fat kid in me misses 2 long lost 1980s McDonald's items. The McDLT, gimmicky but awesome, and a one time Christmas promotion McNugget sauce which was basically just Apple Cinnamon but it was sooooo fuckin good. The Salty and sweet of the sauce made it, plus who doesnt like apple cinnamon? I think there was also a cranberry one, but I might be misremembering that one from somewhere else.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Howard Johnson brand Orange Toastees

All flavors of Toasties. Publix had some overpriced muffin top things that were a poor approximation of blueberry Toasties that bummed me out.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Jelly posted:

I used to love Bagel Dogs. My parents would always get them when we went to Costco. I haven't seen them sold anywhere for well over a decade.

This is perverse

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!
velveeta makes an expensive version of hamburger helper they had this one flavor though jambalaya obviously it tastes nothing like real jambalaya but it was the best and ide buy a box every month when i went shopping. just disappeared for no reason. turns out the pasta rice is expensive and they decided not to keep doing it despite it selling well

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

The Arch Deluxe was a good McDonald's burg that you could only get in like 1995. I had just got my driver's license and bought a beater car and i felt extremely grown up driving myself through the lane to pick up my premium hamburger sandwich

Me again.
Oct 19, 2017
It's been a while now but I still miss the original Sweetheart message candy hearts flavors, like delicious toothpaste only without the bottom note of sls detergent. I loved that poo poo and now it's these intolerable fake fruit crap like bad cough syrup? What the hell?

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
el monterey bean three cheese and jalapeno burritos

another victim of the covid pandemic

PureEvil6_13
Jun 1, 2004

Crispy Wheats and Raisins
Buckwheats
Apple Raisin Crisp

I love cereal

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
It wasn't really good but I sorta liked the short-lived 7UP Gold that was around in the late 80s. It had a spice flavor to it and I think it was an unused Dr Pepper variation.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Kellogg's Nutri-Grain Raisan cereal

goddamn so much better than Post Raisan Bran and all the others

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I miss Holiday Spice Pepsi every Christmas

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

There are two places I miss that were unfortunate Covid casualties. The first one was your standard Chinese Restaurant with 100+ variations of fried chicken breast with sauce. But it was one of the best Lunch Specials locally with your entree, rice/noodles, egg roll, wonton and your choice of soup. It died sometime in 2021 and has gone through a few replacements, the most recent being overpriced Tandoori with belly dancing in the evenings.

The other place that I truly miss was a Vietnamese restaurant that also served Kronos Gyros. Pho, chicken gyro with extra tzatziki and enough fries to put Five Guys to shame was a great deal. Unfortunately it's now a Samurai Sam's and has a Bitcoin ATM next door.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

These had an incredible tang (prolly citric acid) to them that I can't find in other guacamole-flavored chips. My partner loved using them as a base for chilaquiles. Apparently they might be a thing in the UK now?

I love me some cherry Dr. Pepper and this was the cherry-est Dr. Pepper there ever was. I also liked that it didn't have caramel color and it just felt... lighter?

These are still made but I can't get them on the west coast and haven't found an analog. Soft but don't turn to mush under a juicy burger.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
FEEL FREE TO DISREGARD THIS POST

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
Chicken Cordon Bleu from Arby's circa 1994.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

Aww yeah. This is why I dropped in. Great stuff.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:
I know at least one other goon holds a torch for this as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Beer Gay So What posted:

SURGE energy drink

Yeah same and this lil drank: