Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Smugworth posted:

You just reminded me I bought Stellaris like 4 years ago on Xbox for full price and have yet to sink more than an hour into it

I have even less free time to play now than I did then so it doesn't look good

Well good news it's probably cheaper to just buy it on steam than get that copy up to date so if you ever have free time forget about it. You want mods and mods want *all* the expansions* That or :filez: you know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Smugworth feels mods are cheating

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
All of the newer Stellaris DLCs are still full price. The most recent one that actually gets a discount is Nemesis, and that came out two years ago.

As someone who has been patiently waiting for Overlord and First Contact to go on sale before I burn my money on more digital spaceships, I have to say that this is bullshit.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Faillaris

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Blurry Gray Thing posted:

All of the newer Stellaris DLCs are still full price. The most recent one that actually gets a discount is Nemesis, and that came out two years ago.

As someone who has been patiently waiting for Overlord and First Contact to go on sale before I burn my money on more digital spaceships, I have to say that this is bullshit.

Can you backdoor the sale by buying the "complete pack"? Since you already own the rest you only pay for the ones you don't own. This sometimes works out sometimes it doesn't, devs can exclude things. E: I took a look myself, last played 2019 buying the ultimate bundle I'd save $6.66 over cherry picking. Last time I grabbed Cities Skylines expansions they worked out cheaper to grab the ultimate and I think I back doored the new expansion.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 00:28 on May 12, 2023

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What the gently caress mods even exist for these games like how you gonna give crusader kings big ole tiddies and horse cocks and what not?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Pretty sure there's a Game of Thrones mod for all of them, even Cities Skylines

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Nooner posted:

What the gently caress mods even exist for these games like how you gonna give crusader kings big ole tiddies and horse cocks and what not?

Literally yes. You do have horses run things via the mods

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Shadowhawk DLC is just a skin and NOT a homage to a goon's HSB Battletech/MEKHQ integrated campaign, where comstar spams customised Shadowhawks at his lance for calling them "Shithawks" in front of a comstar adept. :colbert:

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrower: I would even take the conceit of an autobattler for the space battles, as long as it was along the lines of Dominions/Conquest of Elysium

I would never automate my stellar converter-equipped doom star fleet apocalypse.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Colonel Cancer posted:

How does it compare to AoW3? Whole series went way downhill from 2

aow4 is absolutely the best game in the franchise

it's pretty different from aow2 though.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

aow4 is basically what if Master of Magic had AoW's combat mechanics? And it's one of the best 4x games I've ever played

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Age of Wonders 4 is indeed very good, and it was a functionally complete game at launch, and the post support it receives will be good, will likely not fundamentally alter game mechanics, and will not drag on for a decade or more. They'll release a few expansions and then make another game, as they should. Because Triumph doesn't suck.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Battletech is one of those games that you conceptually really get into, outfitting your mechs rules and the combat system itself is pretty robust, too bad it's slow as loving molasses and an insane bore to play.

BeastOfTheEdelwood
Feb 27, 2023

Led through the mist, by the milk-light of moon, all that was lost is revealed.
Yeah, I like AoW 4 much more than 3. They definitely went harder on the 4X elements this time, which I think is a good thing.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

And don't get me wrong I love AoW2. The main complaint I have about AoW4 is no handcrafted maps/map editor, and less ability to do a large sprawling pve-heavy game with lots of dungeons and RPG leveling/gearing up. But as far as a focused, fun, flexible game AoW4 is extremely good.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Anno 1800 is 67% off, that game is better than most mentioned so far

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Colonel Cancer posted:

Stellaris is the only videogame that lets me play as a civilization of gay space rocks that crashes onto other planets to bring psionic communism to every race.

Stellaris is a Steven Universe spinoff?

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

Beer Gay So What posted:

Really isn't a better time to finally get into Stellaris

Have you considered never? I say this as someone who has.. 471.6 hours played.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Szyznyk posted:

I would never automate my stellar converter-equipped doom star fleet apocalypse.

:hmmno: Time-capacitor equipped doom star fleet armed with thousands of enveloping, shield-piercing phasers, with the targeting computer stuff that ignores armor and triples damages to hulls. Stellar Converter can fire twice with a Time capacitor? IIRC i could destroy something like 40+ doom stars with one equipped as such.

although if you get your tech level really far, you can fit stellar converters on battleships, which is even more game breaking

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Seems a little pricey

Pac and Cheese
Oct 29, 2010

gotta walk fast
psionic covenant posting, i'm a little worried about the eater of worlds, why is his eating schedule so sporadic, is he anorexic or something?

err
Apr 11, 2005

I carry my own weight no matter how heavy this shit gets...
I got most of the EU4 DLC from a Humble Bundle for $15 a few years ago.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

I bought all the ck2 expansions as they came out and feel i spent my money wisely fwiw

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Paradox is a good company and i like their games

istewart
Apr 13, 2005

Still contemplating why I didn't register here under a clever pseudonym

Hmm, looks like Melty Blood: Type Lumina is also on sale

N. Senada
May 17, 2011

My kidneys are busted
I got home after a very long day encountering a bunch of bullshit, got drunk, bought all of CK3 stuff and just now sobered up while eating dinner.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

I bought all the ck2 expansions as they came out and feel i spent my money wisely fwiw

ya same here, same with the HBS BT DLCs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TK8325
Sep 22, 2014

lol that nobody mentioned imperator, the game that even paradox forgot about.